• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

God damn it Goodwil...

AliveEmbellishedGull.gif

Xiraiya

What are these shows even about, ive seen so many pics and I still have no idea what its about.

Monogatari is basically a very "Character interaction" heavy series of weird and fast conversations in an "abstract" setting with supernatural elements. Basically there are things like supernatural entities, curses and exorcisms and gods of things that cause people to do weird stuff, and how to solve the issues plaguing them.

It has... moments of very blatant fan service and innuendos but it's all handled in a slightly less "dumb" way, however it still doesn't have much shame.
It's still a really impressive series though overall if you're not one to really be drawn in by the "almost NSFW" moments, however I find they generally tend to only limit moments like that to characters with personalities that work with it.

Shinobu and Araragi are by far my favorite characters, Hitagi is cool too but she felt pretty much non existent after a point, which is okay because I ended up preferring the Shinobu dynamic way more.

Top Bottom