• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Oberon

Banned
Morning Frienders.
I just catched up on the Feelsgaf stories.
Don't forget, whatever happens, you'll still have the Frienders to support you
I am so bad at motivating poeple
I could add another stupid story but I don't want to revive RealGaf, and it's not interesting anyway
The story about the butt lady was hilarious tho

Morning Frienders.
I just catched up on the Feelsgaf stories.
Don't forget, whatever happens, you'll still have the Frienders to support you
I am so bad at motivating poeple
I could add another stupid story but I don't want to revive RealGaf, and it's not interesting anyway
The story about the butt lady was hilarious tho

Morning. I keep missing RealGAF. I wanna share my horror stories of being crazy and give out awful advice, dammit!

But my friend is on winter break and is spending most days here, I don't have those hours free! This is bullshit!
Nah, they're not that bad anyway. I'll just save my dumb shit for another time.
I'd just say to go for it, but there's too few people on any other time of day.

Edit: Oh my god Capcom has so many amazing IPs
capcom-01.jpg

Jeez, when I decide to notice bestgaf again you're already in a new thread and 90 pages deep. I got a WiiU for Christmas and I've just been sitting here, playing Bayonetta 1 again
PS3 copy in the trash

I've just finished my hard playthrough of Bayonetta. I went from being casual scum (again) to gitting gud. But yeah, I'm too lazy currently to go and unlock Jeanne or do a non-stop infinite climax run
psst, I'm not that good yet
. I've got Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 sitting on my shelf. WHAT SHOULD I PLAY NEXT (so I can avoid posting on bestgaf again and play games)?

Also looking above has just reminded me that Capcom has a graveyard full of IPs ;-;

Never played a mega man game.
And I know him just because of that battle network anime.
That sucks. It's worth playing one of the classic games and/or X series. They hold up.
I've got Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 sitting on my shelf. WHAT SHOULD I PLAY NEXT (so I can avoid posting on bestgaf again and play games)?

Also looking above has just reminded me that Capcom has a graveyard full of IPs ;-;
Transfer your average to good Bayo skills into 2. Then you can suck at 101 later.
Looks like Kinu Nishimura art.
You're right. I just looked up his stuff because I didn't know who he is, it's all pretty damn amazing.

I feel really bad cause im thinking way to far ahead with my manga and not actually writing it, or connecting those story threads. Like I have titles for chapters I wanna write and what happens in them but I got no way to connect them easily.
Like I already know I wanna make the final chapter be called "Lets Get Married!!" And have the final chapter have the protagonist marry his love interest.
Also have "Lets start a gang war" where the protagonists gang take on every single delinquent in Japan.
Also got "lets play basketball" or alternatively "lets slam and jam" which is basically a giant arc consisting of one gigantic Space Jam Homage.
And yes I am stealing the naming convention of Jojo part 4 fucking around chapters.

So i finally got around to watching every single lord of the rings and hobbit movie.

Pretty good

Lord of the Rings maintains its spot near the top of my favorite movies ever. I marathon all of them every year on New Years, it's a wonderful tradition.

The Hobbit is the only movie I've ever fallen asleep watching. I have horrible insomnia and that movie put me to sleep. The second one was a laugh riot or horrendousness and I refuse to see the third one because of how bad the first two were.

Maybe I'm just bad at it, but I find certain countermoves against bosses to be really obtuse. Definitely not always, but they do occasionally do a move where I have no idea how to counter it and just try out different forms in the hope that it does actually have a counter and you can find it before it beats on you too much.
101? Yeah, conveyance of knowing what to do is terrible your first time through.

Oberon

Banned
Well, it's 2015 here.
So happy new year I guess.

First the New 3DS and now the new year.
jk happy new year

There's nothing better than redoing the entire lineart of a drawing, and it actually looking better than before. It feels like I didn't do it for nothing.

Happy new year to those who already entered 2015.

Yeah, I was indeed talking about W101. So it's not just me, but this is killing it for me to be honest. It isn't difficult, as I can still beat everything in the first try, but it occasionally feels like it's out of my control. It's like they're occasionally following a train of thought that I'm not in on and it sucks. You even have similar variations of the same move between bosses, but you can counter one and not the other and you're apparently just supposed to know that.

I've never, ever had that in most of their other games, but in W101, I'm too often forced to try out moves against certain vague attacks until I hopefully find the one that counters it. After you learn that, most battles become a cakewalk, but the game doesn't progress fluently or feel too satisfying due to that lack of conveyance during this first playthrough.
It's absolutely terrible, and it destroyed my enjoyment when I first played the game, in addition to the camera and the gameplay not clicking until several hours in.
Though, I still say the game is worth beating, especially since on repeat playthroughs not relying on learning patterns means you just execute the strategies you already understand, which makes everything SO much better. It sucks that they couldn't have just made what you were supposed to do more clear, but it expects you to connect dots that it hasn't taught you. Trying shit out during a boss fight isn't fun, it's frustrating.

Lord of the Rings maintains its spot near the top of my favorite movies ever. I marathon all of them every year on New Years, it's a wonderful tradition.

The Hobbit is the only movie I've ever fallen asleep watching. I have horrible insomnia and that movie put me to sleep. The second one was a laugh riot or horrendousness and I refuse to see the third one because of how bad the first two were.

I commend Peter Jackson for managing to keep himself busy and stretching out a book movie that could've been wrapped up in 1 film, but Orlando Bloom's gotta eat.

I commend Peter Jackson for managing to keep himself busy and stretching out a book movie that could've been wrapped up in 1 film, but Orlando Bloom's gotta eat.

it was pretty stretched out and there was plenty that didn't need to be there. All that stuff towards the end with the giant gold statue weirdness was just too over the top. And the whole buisness with Azog is nuts, I checked my Middle Earth A-Z book, and Azog
was dead at least 100 years before Bilbo ever left the Shire

Plus I heard somewhere Mortenson was offered a place in the movie to play Aragorn, but he refused because that would be bananas since Aragorn was like 7 at the time of the Hobbit don't know if that's true or not though.

Like "if a boss uses a flamethrower attack, use unite hand to counter it" results in me going "What? Why? Why does that even work?"

Wait what? You can do that?

I don't know which one it was (I believe it was the second movie), but I legitimately fell asleep during it when I watched it in a local theater...in Imax 3D.
Way, way, way, way, way too much fluff. This should never have been three movies.

Smaug was pretty cool. That's about it.

Everything else, even Evangeline Lilly as cool elf woman warrior, is a bore. Orlando Bloom is a bore. Martin Freeman looks bored.

The film series grossed 2 billion globally, so I guess it's very successful financially.

Yeah, but blocking lasers with the sword somehow makes sense and I figured that out incredibly quickly. We've all seen a sword deflect a beam at one point or another in a cartoon, anime, game or whatever. I still don't understand how a fucking hand blocks fire though.

Tooltip?
It doesn't make any sense, but the game also teaches you about blocking lasers with he sword from the normal enemies with lasers, where it tells you to block with the sword.

During the Orowchee fight I think, there was a tutorial tooltip that said to use Unite Hand to block flames, (but I didn't understand how it meant. Tried punching the flames.)

Also I think I'm crazy. The Hobbit movies are the only ones I've managed to stay awake for. The pacing of the trilogy just kills me. I think the dumb pandering bullshit in the Hobbit keeps me more interested. Book is better from what I remember.
You could rather block the player's path with a flamethrower at one or multiple points and have the actually use the hand against it.
That's all the game would have to do for a lot of the more confusing things, or just have enemies that teach the player before just presenting them with a boss with mechanics they've never seen. Blah.

Oh hey. $8,000 just got deposited into my bank account.

Mmm... Now I can pay bills like a normal human being and buy food.

Don't ask how. It's a long and complicated story detailing why I'm no longer a poor person.

Also, don't want this to sound like I'm bragging about getting some money, I'm just very happy to be able to love a normal life again. Sorry if I sound like a dick.

Top Bottom