• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Yeah man, the terrible story in Persona 3 and awful character development. That terrible music. That's not even getting started on Persona 2. It has like, the worst characters I've seen in a JRPG. Persona 4 fixed everything.
The idea that we are graced with such brilliance makes me proud to exist in the glorious era.

I also died then.

This is the truest statement you've ever made.
No amount of editing or clarifying that you were being sarcastic can change what you've just said.

Internet is forever.

Someone stop PG. He needs to be banned.

That literally was my face when Abubeats texted me a picture of that.

No..it's just me, being forced to live with the rotting carcass of the Youtube Ad Revenue manger that died up here ever since he got his Patreon Account going. Sometimes he throws a chicken up here for me to eat..I have to scarf it down whole before the horrors in the barn smell it and attempt to invade his home.

I bet you're the reason his GAF application got rejected! Trying to have more than one account the same IP smh

image.php

Dont-Make-That-Face-You-Love-It-Anna-Kendrick.gif

Anna Kendrick is goddamn cute

360pages

Persona 5 obviously should be a mystery VN without any RPG gameplay, going around dating your favorite best girl. Truly this is the natural progression of the formula. Fuck gameplay they should just be David Cage games!

I called my red panda teddie Poonya. I googled it and got this:

So now it's called Punya. Because that sounds cute and isn't 'that'.

It was like googling x the hedgehog
With a name like that, surprised you didn't get worse.
Persona 5 obviously should be a mystery VN without any RPG gameplay, going around dating your favorite best girl. Truly this is the natural progression of the formula. Fuck gameplay they should just be David Cage games!
We have to get past the old, archaic ways of gaming, like challenges, and thought, and just prevent you from ever failing.

Someone stop PG. He needs to be banned.

That literally was my face when Abubeats texted me a picture of that.

I bet you're the reason his GAF application got rejected! Trying to have more than one account the same IP smh

He simply needs to git gud at applying to Gaf. First he needs to slay the Cerberus living in his shed out by the woods...ferocious beast that Cerberus..always eating all the Kraft Dinner.

This is the truest statement you've ever made.
No amount of editing or clarifying that you were being sarcastic can change what you've just said.

Internet is forever.
There's only the time I started playing P2 and came in like "GUYS HOLY SHIT SO GOOD"
Man I should finish P2:IS.
That would actually please a lot of people who like Persona 3/4...

croten

Don't know if your being sarcastic or not but I honestly agree
Bar the David Cage part.

In all seriousness, if you think that P5 is going to be anything like P1 or P2 then,

mj-laughing.gif

I have faith. No amount of micheal jordan laughing at me will make me give up!

He simply needs to git gud at applying to Gaf. First he needs to slay the Cerberus living in his shed out by the woods...ferocious beast that Cerberus..always eating all the Kraft Dinner.

Only when he re-kindles the first flame will he finally be able to reapply. But the results will always be the same.

I have faith. No amount of micheal jordan laughing at me will make me give up!

Only when he re-kindles the first flame will he finally be able to reapply. But the results will always be the same.

He will get in one day.. and then..we shall all be showered with over sexualized drawings..

Am I the only one who likes the gameplay of Persona.

I would rather they improve it instead of getting rid of it.

Also who here is getting SMT Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker for 3DS?

Persona Q is actually the best Persona game because it has the best gameplay.

Not even shit posting, honest opinion. But you'll be fooled unless you click this

To be fair, from the reactions that EO and PQ gets among other things, I legit think people hate gameplay in RPGs that aren't action based.

Oh hey, perfect. Didn't see this.

Am I the only one who likes the gameplay of Persona.

I would rather they improve it instead of getting rid of it.

Also who here is getting SMT Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker for 3DS?

Its been getting steadily better, but still has some severe issues like its pacing. Pacing between gameplay and story go a long way into making a combat system from good -> great. Xenosaga 3 is the perfect example.

360pages

Persona Q is actually the best Persona game because it has the best gameplay.

Not even shit posting, honest opinion. But you'll be fooled unless you click this

Oh hey, perfect. Didn't see this.

I agree...mostly because it remembers its a fucking RPG. They actually gave a shit with dungeon layout and enemy strategies.

I unironically like the RPG combat in the P2 Duology...

I know... I have a bad feeling its gonna be the next DaSII

Fuck I really hope not, it would be nice though if they made a Persona VN of some kind in the future I would throw $40 at that.

Does anybody else order food with gimmick names? I just ordered in character as Razor Ramon and used that name. Always gets a laugh.
I went to Taco Bell one night slightly buzzed around closing time and ordered my food in a Macho Man Voice..but I was calling myself Nacho Man..generally made everyone laugh working and they gave me a free nacho bell grande because of it too.

Does anybody else order food with gimmick names? I just ordered in character as Razor Ramon and used that name. Always gets a laugh.

No but when Abubeats ordered takeout for us he put me under a girls name.

Which wasn't that weird if you think about it since its pretty common, but still what a dick.

Without that tedious dungeon crawling and overall boring gameplay, Persona 5 would be a neat little experience.

Also it won't be 80 fucking hours.

I honestly think they should just make actual dungeons. Not have them be randomly generated like in P4G. Put some thought into level design

I also think they should essentially just have SMT4's very fast combat.

I also think they should essentially just have SMT4's very fast combat.

I agree. Demons are the fucking coolest. Everything should just be summoning demons. But even I know that could get old fast if they keep reusing that feature.

It should be faster, but in comparison to other RPGs, Persona 3/4 move very fast. Trust me when I say that if those games had better pacing you'd hear very little complaints about the combat itself.

I unironically like the RPG combat in the P2 Duology...

I know... I have a bad feeling its gonna be the next DaSII

Well then you unironically have bad taste. I kid, but the combat in P2 was duuuuuuuull. You just spam fusion spells over and over. Thank god for fast forwar-- I mean, what? Fast forward? Hah, you can't fast forward or anything.

Going to get Salty

Why the fuck can I not get Day 1 shipping on Majora's Mask 3D on Amazon. That is fucking bullshit

FUCK I was willing to pay $12 in shipping to get it Day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom