• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait you need an adapter to transfer stuff? i thought it was like through wifi.

And adapter for the micro SD to transfer the stuff that will be on the 4 GB one to my new one (so basically monster hunter).

Unless that's done with wifi or I can just delete it and download it on the new card. Then that works too I guess.

The "problem" with Gran Turismo was that it was "too complicated" for the GB staff. The game is widely considered one of the greatest racers of all time still.

Now, for the W101 problems, I don't consider the multi-playthrough excuse very valid. If someone tells me that you won't really appreciate the game until multiple playthroughs or 20 hours in or something like that, I'm dropping the game like a rock.

Whoever says that is dumb. It's a little of a slow start, but like the first hour or two just to teach you how the game works and progressively adds new characters. I had a blast with it the entire time and I only played through the game once.

The "problem" with Gran Turismo was that it was "too complicated" for the GB staff. The game is widely considered one of the greatest racers of all time still.

Now, for the W101 problems, I don't consider the multi-playthrough excuse very valid. If someone tells me that you won't really appreciate the game until multiple playthroughs or 20 hours in or something like that, I'm dropping the game like a rock.

Character action games do lend themselves to a design philosophy of learning from playthrough one to improve playthrough two, same with games like Resident Evil.

Also is that a Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer avatar?

While the charger thing is just really silly, this is just insane. It's not like you can't play the system without a screwdriver. It's just to change the micro SD card, something you actively want to go out of your way to do. And like you said, who the fuck doesn't own a memory card?

There are 3ds chargers on amazon for $6. I do understand the charger complaint but I'd rather buy that separetly that Nintendo charging $220 for the system or whatever they would mark it up to.

well then why don't they just not buy it...

Entitlement.

Anung

Un Rama
That's one of my problems with reviews as a whole. Certain games require skill or at least time to hit a certain baseline before you can truly enjoy it. So when a review plays something for a short amount of time then slap a score on it doesn't leave me with much confidence in that persons ability to review the game. Sure, you could lay it at the games door for not being accessible. But I think if you review a games you should be at least competent at games mechanically.

semisonic

Banned

I at least think that there is something to the multi-playthrough approach, considering it is the basis to all of Platinum's games and the core of the design philosophy behind character action as a genre, but that's more different strokes for different people. If you don't like character action, then that's fine too. I insist that there is certainly a depth there that is too much to be dismissed, as can be seen in some of the combo videos that I recommend viewing with the sound off.

tsundoku

So it's not even for the version we're getting and people are still complaining.

Yeah, you need a screwdriver to change one size of the vanity plates.

If you're upset about needing a screwdriver for a 1 time battery mod then i'm confused as hell.

Also I just watched their reaction to the direct. "How hard is it to get an Amiibo, you just make a pre-order" Oh Liam. -_-

That's one of my problems with reviews as a whole. Certain games require skill or at least time to hit a certain baseline before you can truly enjoy it. So when a review plays something for a short amount of time then slap a score on it doesn't leave me with much confidence in that persons ability to review the game. Sure, you could lay it at the games door for not being accessible. But I think if you review a games you should be at least competent at games mechanically.
Exactly.
Fucking rage! Someone said most average Joe's won't have the tools to open it. Who doesn't have fucking screwdrivers? Since yesterday I'm going into gaming sparingly since it's Gamefaqs levels of whining.
As much as everyone is overreacting, and it's only a $5 purchase that apparently doesn't even affect the XL that we get, but
316OxS-FlwL._SX342_.jpg
This isn't that common. At least as much as other screwdriver.

Loco4Coco

If you're upset about needing a screwdriver for a 1 time battery mod then i'm confused as hell.

Also I just watched their reaction to the direct. "How hard is it to get an Amiibo, you just make a pre-order" Oh Liam. -_-

They did a reaction vid?

mike0dude

all the Mh4 and majoras mask New 3ds are sold out, guess im never getting a new 3ds then. oh well I didn't actually give a shit about it.

"When are you ever going to have a use for your Marth amiibo?"
Immediatly shows a game that uses the FE amiibos.
I nearly died when that happened.

I need to get myself a Lucina and Ike amiibo for Project STEAM. I NEED IKE AND ABE LINCOLN TEAMING UP TO FIGHT ROBOTS.

As much as everyone is overreacting, and it's only a $5 purchase that apparently doesn't even affect the XL that we get, but

This isn't that common. At least as much as other screwdriver.

But its not like you need a screwdriver to play the 3DS itself. Its not a charger. Its strictly for changing the microSD card. Something you'll only ever have to do once and even something you'll never have to do if you don't care for digital games.

There are 3ds chargers on amazon for $6. I do understand the charger complaint but I'd rather buy that separetly that Nintendo charging $220 for the system or whatever they would mark it up to.

Yup, but people don't believe Nintendo would have actually charged a higher price for the system if they included the battery.

"When are you ever going to have a use for your Marth amiibo?"
Immediatly shows a game that uses the FE amiibos.
I nearly died when that happened.

I never cared much to get an amiibo before that conference. I finally saw a game that would be legitamately better with amiibo implementation other than it just being a cool gimmick.

It was curious they didn't talk about her but she's definitely in. They showed a short clip of her shooting a bow.

Why are sword beams so cool? why

Nope, she's there. She wasn't shown in the initial part of the trailer, but all 4 FE characters are in there.
Well then never fucking mind, I guess im just an asshole who has no eyeballs.
Or marth and lucina look so much a like I didnt notice her.

Jman014

I need to get myself a Lucina and Ike amiibo for Project STEAM. I NEED IKE AND ABE LINCOLN TEAMING UP TO FIGHT ROBOTS.
Robin and Lucina hanging out in a steampunk world is alright by me.
Wasnt Lucina the only one that didnt get shown for project steam?

It was curious they didn't talk about her but she's definitely in. They showed a short clip of her shooting a bow.

Why are sword beams so cool? why

Nope, she's there. She wasn't shown in the initial part of the trailer, but all 4 FE characters are in there.
She's there to fight for her father!

He did, but those pies were just sitting there, on the wind sill, completely unguarded and piping hot in the chilly air...

Pat loves it!

He should have been like the Hulk and kool-aid guyed his way through Pat's wall.

Oh god i want PoR to be on eShop so badly

Since they're bringing over Wii games, we'll probably see Radiant Dawn first, but when GC games eventually come, PoR HAS to be there.

I'm super excited for Metroid Trilogy though because I can finally play those damn games now.

Oberon

Banned
Good evening Frienders!
Can someone link me to the channel that Aaron uses for his videos?
Speaking of Aaron, sometimes I wish I could speak with him via telepathy at any moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom