• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's a way to transfer it, I'll trade it in soon and go a few weeks without a 3DS. At worst I can just sell my 3DS XL on amazon or craigslist for 100 afterwards if there isn't a way to do it before.

My GF has a 3ds that she hardly uses. Maybe I can transfer my stuff to that one then trade in mine and transfer back over once I get it. She only uses it for Geometry wars.

If it was only game data I wouldn't care, but I bought Pokemon on it. Wish it wasn't so damn hard to transfer games.

K9s1Pla.png
Are you having a fucking laugh Sonic

Xiraiya

I understood it way back with Walking Dead, but Wolf Among us having such terrible stuttering moments and so on is the moment I started to really wonder what the fuck are they doing by not improving their engine.

Truthfully neither WD or WAU had nearly that many issues in the PC versions when I played them, but at that point it's like why do they insist on releasing them on console with the same engine loading issues again and again.

croten

I understood it way back with Walking Dead, but Wolf Among us having such terrible stuttering moments and so on is the moment I started to really wonder what the fuck are they doing by not improving their engine.

Truthfully neither WD or WAU had nearly that many issues in the PC versions when I played them, but at that point it's like why do insist on releasing them on console with the same engine loading issues again and again.

Money

joe2187

Banned
I think the animation itself is fine, for the most part. It's the actual engine that's hot garbage.

Its not though, it's terribly animated and super stiff, walking, running.

The only competent animation is reserved for facial animation, everything else loos like a bunch of dolls being jostled around.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The concept of it being specifically for making these adventure sort of story games is really cool, but yeah it's a mess.

The way their gameplay is set up is perfectly fine, it's more the stuttering, crashing, bugs, and desyncs that are a real problem... in particular when you're given a timed task in-game.

Its not though, it's terribly animated and super stiff, walking, running.

The only competent animation is reserved for facial animation, everything else loos like a bunch of dolls being jostled around.

The walking, running, dancing, and idle animations are really fine. It's not as bombastic as something like D4, but that's a stylistic difference. The fightscenes are also more subdued, and the choreography could use a little work, but neither of those things have to do with the engine.

You also actually have less control in D4 than you do in Telltale games. You don't wander around or move. It's a series of inputs.

My GF has a 3ds that she hardly uses. Maybe I can transfer my stuff to that one then trade in mine and transfer back over once I get it. She only uses it for Geometry wars.

If it was only game data I wouldn't care, but I bought Pokemon on it. Wish it wasn't so damn hard to transfer games.

Same here. Got pokemon, ace attorney, shovel knight and Senran Kagura on it and I don't want to lose any of them.

Skrams

Anung

Un Rama
Started another run of Ishin. Shit was so good I want to do it again. Gonna try go for the 100% also stuck it up to expert so it can be more challenging.

joe2187

Banned
The walking, running, dancing, and idle animations are really fine. It's not as bombastic as something like D4, but that's a stylistic difference. The fightscenes are also more subdued, and the choreography could use a little work, but neither of those things have to do with the engine.

The fightscenes are severely limited by the engine, example, everything during the Bigby and
Bloody Mary
fight was just pure action, which would have looked alot better if it wasnt just a bunch of character models being flung around like sacks of shit.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The fightscenes are severely limited by the engine, example, everything during the Bigby and
Bloody Mary
fight was just pure action, which would have looked alot better if it wasnt just a bunch of character models being flung around like sacks of shit.

It's not the engine. That's choreography. Those are very different things. You're right in that Telltale's engine is shit, but animation has nothing to do with it.

I actually thought that fight looked fine. I played it on PC and it wasn't an issue in the slightest.

The way Telltales games are paced is dialogue, dialogue, mandatory action sequence, dialogue, token inventory puzzle. dialogue, mandatory action sequence.

No I don't like these games.

Shackzam

Hey did anyone get a monster hunter demo code? If you did I would greatly appreciate it before I have to go to the sharing thread.

The way Telltales games are paced is dialogue, dialogue, mandatory action sequence, dialogue, token inventory puzzle. dialogue, mandatory action sequence.

Adventure games are an acquired taste.

Frankly, no Telltale game compares to the wonderful Lucasarts games I played on the Mac.

joe2187

Banned

Its an adventure game, albeit it's super super dumbed down and filled with QTE's instead of logic puzzles and exploration.

Hey guys, I'm confused. Why do we all hate Telltale all of a sudden? Frankly, I adore Walking Dead season 1, but haven't felt compelled to even try any of their other games, so I'm far from a super fan... but we just seem to be shitting on them super over hard in here all of a sudden to my perception.

Leiru

so apparently the monster hunter codes for NA have started being sent, check your emails frienders!

and if someone could send me one that'd be great :(

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Hey guys, I'm confused. Why do we all hate Telltale all of a sudden? Frankly, I adore Walking Dead season 1, but haven't felt compelled to even try any of their other games, so I'm far from a super fan... but we just seem to be shitting on them super over hard in here all of a sudden to my perception.

If you read through all the posts, it's not shitting about their writing for the most part, which is their obvious strength. It's more the core weakness of their engine and the ruse of false choice, and that's always been the case. YMMV on both of those things.

mike0dude

i started talking shit about telltale games in steamchat and joe got mad too so he made a thread about it.

Jman014

Well I don't hate Telltale. I very much enjoy their games. Just not everyone likes them, but that's fine.

Xiraiya

I don't really get it either, there were issues in WD Season 2 (Different writers) and I have some gripes about the end of Wolf Among us, but by no means were any of them bad, I just think it's a case of little things adding up to something more negative than what it actually is for many people.

For one thing TWD S1's writers all left. Now they're alright, but most of this is backlash to a ton of games with the same faults, kinda. Putting out so many games at once being the main thing changing people's opinions.

Personally, I liked WD S1 a lot, and TWAU is alright, but damn S2 was bad. Holy crap.

Did you change channel or something? I am not seeing any of your videos :eek:

No, still the same. Here's our newest video that came out mere seconds ago due to a fuck up in scheduling.

I stole it from you
Also, congratulations to jack_package for starting the best FE game.
Lyn is forever best girl
except for Sain
and it doesn't count until you beat hector hard mode.

Good luck with that, by the way.
It's gonna SUCK.

Lyn has never been topped in my opinion.

Well it should be a lot harder for your friend to skip cutscenes in DS, seeing as how there is only like 5 of them in the game. so that will be better :p

Luckily he's not playing. I let him play for a 22 minute segment and he made literally one tiny bit of progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom