• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you read through all the posts, it's not shitting about their writing for the most part, which is their obvious strength. It's more the core weakness of their engine and the ruse of false choice, and that's always been the case. YMMV on both of those things.

I mean why as in why all the vitriol? It's like they're the new Ninja Theory for this group, except as far as I know Best Friends still actually like them, at least kinda.

Edit:
For one thing TWD S1's writers all left. Now they're alright, but most of this is backlash to a ton of games with the same faults, kinda. Putting out so many games at once being the main thing changing people's opinions.

Personally, I liked WD S1 a lot, and TWAU is alright, but damn S2 was bad. Holy crap.

I see that, but WD S2 was a while ago. Unless Game of Thrones is terrible, I say we should maybe let them off the hook?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I mean why as in why all the vitriol? It's like they're the new Ninja Theory for this group, except as far as I know Best Friends still actually like them, at least kinda.

Some people are unhappy with the Game of Thrones LP, I think. And people were already upset about TWD S2. That's about all I can really think of.

I...don't have codes

Sorry guys

S9odp9P.gif

I have no idea what this is about.

I don't hate them, I'm just personally over them. I don't like their art style outside of Walking Dead, their characters all look the same, their writing seems to be just trying to recapture WD, the games glitch all the time but worst of all they've gotten way worse at hiding that your choices mean jack shit. It's just a lot of stuff that makes me not personally care about TellTale anymore and it's really disappointing, because Walking Dead was GOTY quality.

Telltale Games, as far as being adventures games, are pretty meh. TWD S1 was their best game sales-wise, followed by the Back to the Future game.

However Telltale Games figured out a way to make Adventure games relevant again and do so on a console AND PC, so thats pretty rad.

As much as I'm glad I use Gamefly for playing games I wouldn't normally have the money to buy, it's baffling at times when they ship me a game and it arrives the next day, but sometimes it ends up taking a whole week after shipping for it to get here.

What I'm getting at is that HOTD 2 & 3 return was shipped on Monday and it's not here yet AND I WANT IT HERE RIGHT NOW GOD DAMMIT!!!

I don't hate them, I'm just personally over them. I don't like their art style outside of Walking Dead, their characters all look the same, their writing seems to be just trying to recapture WD, the games glitch all the time but worst of all they've gotten way worse at hiding that your choices mean jack shit. It's just a lot of stuff that makes me not personally care about TellTale anymore and it's really disappointing, because Walking Dead was GOTY quality.

Some people here think they're incredibly overrated or have some huge, glaring flaws that they seem to not care about fixing. Their engine and artstyle is garbage, they don't seem to care about fixing massive, save-corrupting glitches, their writing quality has been decreasing over time and they seem to worsen at hiding the fact that none of your choices in their games really matter in the end.

Once something becomes extremely popular, you're going to see more negativity. Happens with games like TLOU and BI, happens with LPers such as the best friends themselves and TB. However, this strong counterrreaction doesn't mean said negativity is always unfounded.

I see. I was just thinking the hating felt a little over the top from this group, but I can certainly see why it's warranted in general.

Anyways... Galaxy 2 on WiiU looks suprisingly not horrible. I just downloaded and messed around with it a little bit, and save some jaggies and being a bit off, looks a lot better than I thought it would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom