• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Anung

Un Rama
Laying in bed re-watching the Silent Hill 2 stuff. I can see this going up there with RE2 and shitstorm as my go to LPs. I'm glad they went for a more subdued tone for the commentary. I don't think it'd suit zany antics and it makes it feel like the RE2 (my Favorited one)

Really good stuff.

Brachydios is probably my favourite MH. He punches shit and leaves slime on it that can then explode if he punches you. Like, he's awesome.

That amazing shading shit is fantastic, and none of his moves feel unfair in the slightest. He's awesome.

The first time he unfurls his wings is an oh shit moment.

So far all 3 monsters have amazing hit boxes. This game will consume too many hours for me. I can forsee it.

Going to try online for the first time. Tetsucabra. Experienced 25-1599-1847-9680 password 0000.

I gunlance. I've never played online Mon Hun so forgive if I play wierd.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The only thing you're not overpowered for is Magala. He's slightly above the gear they've given you for the demo. He's also the Flagship of 4, the games Low-Rank boss, so to speak. EDIT: Also christ I forgot, it's got the 25 minute timer instead of the 50 minute timer you usually have.

Also, to those of you new to Monster Hunter, there's a bunch of shit that they made easier in the demo that doesn't take place in the main game. The primary, and most important, is that in the actual game, the Monster doesn't appear on the map, and you start with a full map.

In the real game, the map is an item in the supply box, and you HAVE to hit a monster with a paintball (or use an armour skill that lets you track it) in order to see where it is, and follow it accurately between zones.

In high-rank hunts, nearly everything in the supply box is gone save for the map. In G-rank, you're also dropped into a random zone instead of the starting area.

Also, everything in the demo is low-rank. Low rankers have less health, less moves, and some monsters never appear in Low-Rank (like almost every subspecies). Low Rank is what people mean by saying that it takes 20-30 hours to learn if you like Monster Hunter, because High-Rank is when the game actually starts, and it's a world of difference.

That helps put things in perspective. I'm going to try to read up on Monster Hunter a little bit to get my bearings before the game releases. We got so close to beating Magala! Shack cut off his tail and he wasn't able to breathe fireballs.

I pre-ordered the new 3DSXL bundle. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom