• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
MFW the youtube comments on I'll Face Myself are all shitty "My dungeon and shadow would be"
W51bz.gif

Something something Waifu Wars something something

The one day I don't feel like doing anything is the day where everyone one plays MonHun4 ;~;

Cute High Earth Defense Club starts out exactly how I wanted it to. just a couple of bros
hanging out in the bath for 3 minutes

Not sure if I should watch this show or not. Let me know if it's any good.

I decided to be evil in the MH4 Demo thread and say that whoever PMs me the best P4 girl would get a code, and all the messages are Chie..

This just made me sad.

lol, what did you expect? Chie love is strong.

Qurupeco is gone man. He's been replaced by the way cooler Seltas and Seltas queen. No more unlucky Deviljho draws!

I- I'm not gonna get set on fire in the middle of the desert by its explody attack while I desperately try to shatter its beak so I can get at its belly and finally hurt it anymore? Fuck fighting that thing with a greatsword. Hit and run takes forever.

I take it Gore Masala is harder in multiplayer? I had no trouble with him on solo. I take it he has the general "increase health" thing? Also I think mounting is dumb in MH4 and adds nothing of value to the game. Unless I'm wrong, then I'll gladly eat shit.
When can I have Dragon's Dogma like climbing?!

Gore Magala wrecked all three of us

He's my favourite of the flagships. The coolest by far. Portrayed as a proper villain too. Rath, Tigrexe, Narcacuga, Lagiacrus, and particularly Brachy are cool, but Gore Magala is just such a threat. Seregios or whatever his name is is alright. I dig the quills.

Qurupeco is gone man. He's been replaced by the way cooler Seltas and Seltas queen. No more unlucky Deviljho draws!

Man, I will never forget that first time when a Queropeco summoned a Deviljho.

" Oh, I haven't heard that roar before, I wonder what it could be"

Ever since then, I carry dung bombs.

He's my favourite of the flagships. The coolest by far. Portrayed as a proper villain too. Rath, Tigrexe, Narcacuga, Lagiacrus, and particularly Brachy are cool, but Gore Magala is just such a threat. Seregios or whatever his name is is alright. I dig the quills.

Literally raising the dead with black mist? Now that thing sounds like a menace that I should probably kill the shit out of with a sword made out of its friends.

I take it Gore Masala is harder in multiplayer? I had no trouble with him on solo. I take it he has the general "increase health" thing? Also I think mounting is dumb in MH4 and adds nothing of value to the game. Unless I'm wrong, then I'll gladly eat shit.
When can I have Dragon's Dogma like climbing?!

Enemies have roughly 3-5 times as much health in multiplayer. They also tend to be more aggressive and do more damage because.

Also you're insane. Mounting and the vertical/climbing elements are fantastic. The best thing you can do in MonHun is knock a monster down, and now there's another cool way to do it that is less random that raw damage, and more random than flash bombs and all that shit.

In non-rage mode, his hunched arms make his wings look like a badass menacing cape. But in rage mode? The screen gets a shade darker, he grows horns, and his arms come out and he just becomes really tough looking on his 4 legs and 2 arms.

Also you're insane. Mounting and the vertical/climbing elements are fantastic. The best thing you can do in MonHun is knock a monster down, and now there's another cool way to do it that is less random that raw damage, and more random than flash bombs and all that shit.

I'll probably have to get used to mounting. But climbing and added heights and vertical planes to the map is really hype. It just feels refreshing for some reason.

The one day I don't feel like doing anything is the day where everyone one plays MonHun4 ;~;

Not sure if I should watch this show or not. Let me know if it's any good.

lol, what did you expect? Chie love is strong.

better get used to it
cause come Feb 13 this thread becomes the Monster Hunter OT

I'm sad I can't play MH4U online. Darn uni internet not letting me play my games consoles on the wireless (wired is totally fine). I'll have to get good and solo G-rank.

The only thing you're not overpowered for is Magala. He's slightly above the gear they've given you for the demo. He's also the Flagship of 4, the games Low-Rank boss, so to speak. EDIT: Also christ I forgot, it's got the 25 minute timer instead of the 50 minute timer you usually have.

Also, to those of you new to Monster Hunter, there's a bunch of shit that they made easier in the demo that doesn't take place in the main game. The primary, and most important, is that in the actual game, the Monster doesn't appear on the map, and you start with a full map.

I assume that's probably because the demo gives 25 minutes instead of 50. So the demo just encourages you to fight the monster and have it tracked the entire time instead of worrying about finding it and keeping track of it. Gives the newbies like me a good way to get right into the core of the game without having to worry much about the side stuff. It also gives you a shit ton of items, great gear, and a weapon for every single class. This demo is worlds ahead of the 3U one which I played for 10 minutes and never wanted to play the game again.

And that doesn't even include the tutorials and the online the demo includes as well where I'm pretty sure the Wii U one was just "choose a weapon go kill it with things"

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Prison Schools is fucking amazing.

That scene when they are in computer class, and it's the most dramatic shit ever.
"Don't do it!"
"You want to go on your date, don't you?"
"It's too risky!"
"It has to be done..."
*PROCEEDS TO INSERT MICROPHONE INTO ASS AND FART*
"NOOOOOOOO!"

Funniest manga I've read in a while.

I assume that's probably because the demo gives 25 minutes instead of 50. So the demo just encourages you to fight the monster and have it tracked the entire time instead of worrying about finding it and keeping track of it. Gives the newbies like me a good way to get right into the core of the game without having to worry much about the side stuff. It also gives you a shit ton of items, great gear, and a weapon for every single class. This demo is worlds ahead of the 3U one which I played for 10 minutes and never wanted to play the game again.

The items in your inventory when you start are usually what you should be heading in with (most of em) and the supply box is actually like that in the low rank.

croten

Prison Schools is fucking amazing.

That scene when they are in computer class, and it's the most dramatic shit ever.
"Don't do it!"
"You want to go on your date, don't you?"
"It's too risky!"
"It has to be done..."
*PROCEEDS TO INSERT MICROPHONE INTO ASS AND FART*
"NOOOOOOOO!"

Funniest manga I've read in a while.

Ummm that wasn't a fart...

The items in your inventory when you start are usually what you should be heading in with (most of em) and the supply box is actually like that in the low rank.

Yeah there's a lot of managing to keep track of. A lot more than I was honestly expecting. Stamina slowly draining, health, status, traps, whetstones to keep the blade sharp, etc. There's an item for every possible scenario. This is a pretty deep game.

I really hope the series starts to take off with 4U. It's so similar to Dark Souls in terms of accesibility and tone and look what happened there. This one has a story and tutorials this time!

If they could put it on a console or the Vita I would be in there. I'll try it out later but I don't like playing RPGs on the 3DS so I'm really doubting that I'll be able to play it comfortably

Alright, I've played about an hour of the PC version of Silent Hill 2, got up to where the latest part of the LP ended when Pat got the map for the other apartment.

First, regarding that PC version, my computer for whatever reason refuses to let me set the CPU affinity to one, so I still have to put up with (relatively minor) stability issues like sound looping and cutscene scripting breaking. But since I'm following this game alongside the LP, I can just watch those videos and still see any cutscene that might've broke.

But the actual game.

Even though I'm using tank controls due to not being able to use a gamepad, I'm still not entirely convinced that type of set up is as crucial to the experience compared to something like old RE. The environments are fully 3D instead of pre rendered, and the camera's always moving around instead of remaining static, so I don't really see much of a benefit to it. And as I thought, using the gun feels so much like RE. Hold the button to aim and lock on, then shoot until dead. So much for James being the everyday man.

Regardless, I'm liking the progression and how the game gives a subtle sense of linearity. Like the RE1 Mansion was pretty open about how you'd go about accomplishing things (assuming you have the right items), yet here it does give you nudges in the right direction. I forgot about Nelly's Bar at the beginning, but then found another spot in town that ended up pointing me in the right direction. It keeps you moving forward without being overbearing about it, and I can respect that.

So Pat, good job, this is the second series after Yakuza that you have made me seriously consider and continue playing.

I'm most hyped for the Dante felyne costume. The amount of crossovers in this version are staggering. I wish there was a great sword or even long sword version of Rebellion or Alastor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom