• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neol

Ah fuck this game then. I guess monster hunter isn't for me

It takes awhile getting used to. When I first started I felt the controls and character movement was clunky and tanky as hell but once you get a feel of it and the weapon your using things start to get better.

Guys, I just finished Hunter x Hunter.

I have so many questions...
Is Kurpika a girl or not? Why the hell is Killua's younger sibling constantly changing from being called his sister to his brother? Is this show going to be continued? Is Gotoh dead, or was he a fox man the whole time... I don't get it. Are the movies good? Seriously, what the hell is Kurapika?
None the less, this was a great watch. I was shocked that it actually took 50 eps to get good, but there's no denying thats exactly what it did. My favorite is the Chimera Ant arc... in which after the bittersweet ending, I was left completely unable to identify who the villain even was. The King... oh man the King.
I thought he was just HxH's Cell, but boy did he prove me wrong.
Kurapika's badass revenge arc reigns in at #2 for me. And was what sold me on the show. HxH's willingness to make someone besides Gon the main character for an arc is, really forward thinking for the show and really leads to some of it's strongest moments.

My favorite character is still Leorio,
and I'm sad the show ended before he really did anything interesting
. Morel and Kuripika are up there as well. The King, Morel's disciples, Palm, many of the Ant men, Netoro, and yes, Gon and Killau as well. It's a very strong cast towards the end.
I also rather like Hisoka and Illumi. I love thinking of them as a bizarro evil versions of the two main heroes, as that is basically exactly what they are.

Alright before this blog drags on anymore, I want to thank Skla and Demidar for recommending it, and say... I really hope they make another season soon. This show feels like it has so much meat to go on.
Goddamn it, I want to see the continuing adventures of girl Kite and Koala man right now!

Archgan

Guys, I just finished Hunter x Hunter.
Alright before this blog drags on anymore, I want to thank Skla and Demidar for recommending it, and say... I really hope they make another season soon. This show feels like it has so much meat to go on.
Goddamn it, I want to see the continuing adventures of girl Kite and Koala man right now!

I have some bad news. They don't call this Hiatus x Hiatus for no reason. Also, the manga is around 10 chapters ahead of the anime and is currently on, you guessed it, hiatus.

American Dad is great. I don't watch any of those types of shows at all and I'll watch it occasionally.
Yeah first few seasons were okay but they really pushed it the last few seasons and they're great.
Ho jeez I suck at monster hunter

Is.. There a lock on.....?

This is REAAALLY tough on 2DS
Fight through it soldier.
I watch both. I know Matt hates the cartoons but I find enjoyment out of them.

Yeah although Family Guy really has fallen from grace. I really don't mind if I miss it anymore like South Park.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So myself and a friend, who between us have something like 1500 hours of combined MH experience, tried taking on Gore Magdala in the MH4U demo. Got our asses handed to us both times. First time by straight up KO, second time also by KO but only because we were going for broke as the clock was down to less than a minute left.

Yeah, Gore makes Narga and Tiggy look like Yian Kut-Ku by comparison.

joe2187

Banned
Poor bastards who've never played the game before. Enjoy your bone armors and weapons when you start the real game.

I've recently been watching American Dad a lot lately and good god is it miles ahead of Family Guy ever was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhI904iejqQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkIS5cQJuhY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM-dKyOdmRI (couldnt find the actual video :( )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bwOYHtFAGs

American Dad has some of best Musical parts in many of their episodes, they're amazing.

my favorite one besides steves songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oDTZdXl8dA

I have some bad news. They don't call this HiatusxHiatus for no reason. Also, the manga is around 10 chapters ahead of the anime and is currently on, you guessed it, hiatus.

I kinda got that from the wiki... but man, only 10 chapters? Hmm, I'm going to have to rely on Jojo to make me forget about this show.

So I was playing the MH4U demo with a friend and I'm like "Lets try to Light Bowgun oh I kinda suck with this okay. Lets try the Bow oh I don't know how to fucking use this. Fine, lets see this lame ass Hunting Horn and let everyone else do that work while I play using 50 years away". Holy shit this weapon is way less lame than I thought it was, I'm surprised.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Two games in, and the Charge Blade just feels natural. I am loving this thing. I know you're overpowered for the demo and all, but it feels right.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Ah fuck this game then. I guess monster hunter isn't for me

There IS a "soft" lock on you can activate by pressing the button on the touch screen with the monster's emblem on it while you're in the same area as it. Makes it so that when you press L, the camera rotates to focus on the monster. But there's no actual "you're always facing the monster" lock on.

Sorry, I meant the Axe combos without the phials stocked.

By overcharge, you mean when the weapon dulls? Or when you don't store your phials?

No, the Charge Blade, if you use the sword and shield mode too much before stocking your vials, it'll say overcharge next to the stock meter, and you'll get a weapon isn't sharp enough style bounce off every single swing. You can't rack up more than 10 real hits with the charge blade before transforming or stocking your vials because the weapon makes itself useless. It's supposed to be constantly running out of phials, being recharged, and transforming.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Prison Schools just went full Austin Powers with these misunderstandings, mishearings, and it-isn't-what-it-looks-like moments.

I think I need to read Prison School.

I'm too hyped on this demo. I don't think I can wait a month. I need crack. Maybe I can solo MH3U on my 3DS already. I need to stop being casual.

Cute High Earth Defense Club starts out exactly how I wanted it to. just a couple of bros
hanging out in the bath for 3 minutes

Vl47fja.gif

Yeah, GGs, small tip tho, if you need to heal and you're afraid to with the monster running around, you can dip out of the area and mash some potions.

ye that's what I did near the end.
Also, It's really hard to run from the Magala, I noticed.

It just bounces all over the place

Two games in, and the Charge Blade just feels natural. I am loving this thing. I know you're overpowered for the demo and all, but it feels right.

The only thing you're not overpowered for is Magala. He's slightly above the gear they've given you for the demo. He's also the Flagship of 4, the games Low-Rank boss, so to speak. EDIT: Also christ I forgot, it's got the 25 minute timer instead of the 50 minute timer you usually have.

Also, to those of you new to Monster Hunter, there's a bunch of shit that they made easier in the demo that doesn't take place in the main game. The primary, and most important, is that in the actual game, the Monster doesn't appear on the map, and you start with a full map.

In the real game, the map is an item in the supply box, and you HAVE to hit a monster with a paintball (or use an armour skill that lets you track it) in order to see where it is, and follow it accurately between zones.

In high-rank hunts, nearly everything in the supply box is gone save for the map. In G-rank, you're also dropped into a random zone instead of the starting area.

Also, everything in the demo is low-rank. Low rankers have less health, less moves, and some monsters never appear in Low-Rank (like almost every subspecies). Low Rank is what people mean by saying that it takes 20-30 hours to learn if you like Monster Hunter, because High-Rank is when the game actually starts, and it's a world of difference.

The only thing you're not overpowered for is Magala. He's slightly above the gear they've given you for the demo. He's also the Flagship of 4, the games Low-Rank boss, so to speak.

Also, to those of you new to Monster Hunter, there's a bunch of shit that they made easier in the demo that doesn't take place in the main game. The primary, and most important, is that in the actual game, the Monster doesn't appear on the map, and you start with a full map.

In the real game, the map is an item in the supply box, and you HAVE to hit a monster with a paintball (or use an armour skill that lets you track it) in order to see where it is, and follow it accurately between zones.

In high-rank hunts, nearly everything in the supply box is gone save for the map. In G-rank, you're also dropped into a random zone instead of the starting area.

Also, everything in the demo is low-rank. Low rankers have less health, less moves, and some monsters never appear in Low-Rank (like almost every subspecies). Low Rank is what people mean by saying that it takes 20-30 hours to learn if you like Monster Hunter, because High-Rank is when the game actually starts, and it's a world of difference.

Fucking painting the goddamn Qurupeco the first time made me wanna stab something
Like for example the Qurupeco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom