• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow fuck the youtube comments on the Youtube Nintendo Direct announcement video. Why did I look there?
They're terrriiibblllle. I like the guy who's like "fuck the website" and then responds "oh it works now"
Do you get something cool for that?
Depends if you think $8 worth of cards is worth a badge.
Finally finished Bayo 2. Fantastic game, but wow what a mediocre final boss. Wasn't even remotely a 9. More like a 6-7. Wasn't even close to the levels of Bayo 1, Revengeance or especially W101's, but I guess that was to be expected when about 80% of this game had mediocre boss fights. Still an overall amazing game to play and I definitely wasn't disappointed with it.
It's weirdly conflicting. They'd be alright if not compared against other Platinum games.

Guys, I found my true crack and not in a good way. It's dota either. It's far cry 2, this game is super boring and getting out of the car once a minute to shoot a guy is awful but I'm still playing it for some reason

"Wow, I sure am playing a really ridiculous amount of Transformers: Decepticons for the Nintendo DS"
-Me 3 years ago

WELCOME TO THE WASTELAND.

mfw every time I see a car driving up to mine and I realize I have to get out and shoot the driver.

oFwwabh.jpg

My favorite thing about the final boss has to be this:
The finisher is what started the adventure in the first place. The entire game really came full circle in every aspect. We came full circle to Bayo 1 and full circle to the beginning of the game as well. I really hope we don't get another Bayo after this, honestly. It ended the series perfectly and ties up every loose end except for that fight that never happened in the beginning that was akin to the falling clocktower sequence in Bayo 1.

It was cool from a story perspective, but from a gameplay perspective it had a lot of issues with the mechanics.
The flying levels are the worst, and they control nowhere near as well as the normal levels, Why make that your final boss? Also, the shake left and right bullshit that he randomly uses is the worst. It was fine as a punishment when you got caught in the attack, but FUCK it just randomly happening.

Like I said, great game and it even did some cool things from a story perspective with how
it all came full circle
but these boss fights for the most part are just a huge disappointment.

That boss fight in that giant fish things stomach was the coolest.

That was one of the 20 percent. Because that was just
lumen sage.

They're terrriiibblllle. I like the guy who's like "fuck the website" and then responds "oh it works now"

I feel like people like that just post to put their opinion out there like it's important or something before checking to see if what they're saying is actually stupid or not

You don't even have to compare it to other Platinum games. Just look at the prequel and you'll see how much better/crazier they were.

I feel like any non kamyia platinum game has some big glaring issue with it that I can't ignore.

But bayo 2 is probably the only non kamyia platinum game that I would give above a 7

I need to reiterate to everyone that Part 4 is batshit insanity incarnate and probably the best part of JoJo. If you love it, and you do, read the rest.

I feel like any non kamyia platinum game has some big glaring issue with it that I can't ignore.

But bayo 2 is probably the only non kamyia platinum game that I would give above a 7

I can't agree with that. Revengeance was a fantastic game and probably my second favorite metal gear game (soon to be third).

I love how the Joestars have to be the most...something. Hollys not a fighter. So she's the most not fighter ever.

Would that make Joseph the most intelligent, Jonathan the most strong and honorable, and Jotaro the most stoic/badass?
Lisa Lisa
is the most elegant? And it skips a generation, because every second generation of Joestar men is the most expendable.

I've expressed my problems with MGR enough times on here so I'm just gonna say that I found revengeance to be way too easy and too short.

Thought the length was perfect. Especially because it comes with 2 free hour long DLC on PSN. And the game did have the problem with it being too easy until right near the end on the first playthrough, I can agree with that. Luckily it has like 3 more difficulty levels lol

Jonathan is the most noble
Joseph is the most charismatic
I have not figured out Jotaro since I just started part 3

The most cool.

Thought the length was perfect. Especially because it comes with 2 free hour long DLC on PSN. And the game did have the problem with it being too easy until right near the end on the first playthrough, I can agree with that. Luckily it has like 3 more difficulty levels lol

The most cool.

Joseph is pretty cool

ultimax

Jonathan is the most noble
Joseph is the most charismatic
I have not figured out Jotaro since I just started part 3
Jotaro is basically the cool badass guy

The most cool.

MGR is more about getting the best scores in ranked fights than actually getting your ass kicked. Beating revengeance difficulty isnt that big of a deal, but i wanted to rip my head off after S ranking Monsoon

MGR is more about getting the best scores in ranked fights than actually getting your ass kicked. Beating revengeance difficulty isnt that big of a deal, but i wanted to rip my head off after S ranking Monsoon

Revengeance is more about being a hype/cool cyborg being able to do sick ninja moves, which is reflected very well in the gameplay. It was a job Platinum had a year to do and it was probably better than anything Konami could have put out unless Kojima himself decided to direct it. And even then, its pretty close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom