• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The addiction kicks in.

You're hooked. RIP Guardian

Pat has successfully gotten you addicted to the crack. Rip in peace.

I don't blame Pat. I was planning on getting into Monster Hunter anyway. I had it pre-ordered before I knew he even played. But it doesn't surprise me that he does, now that I've played it. It feels like a game that he'd recognize the value in.

I imagine part of the addictive quality of MH is the grind and acquiring new gear, taking down and working strategies against new boss monsters. Little of this stuff is in the demo version of the game.

Right now, I just keep thinking about the weapons, how best to utilize them, ways to maximize damage and stun and bonuses. Canceling, safety, defensive options.

Why would I do this when MH4U is coming out so soon?

https://38.media.tumblr.com/c675d9214b7adb2e8fbecfc28b762a5b/tumblr_n3m5uwNNvc1txa62uo1_500.gif

We're going to murder Gore Madala today.

360pages

The only times I watch Subs over dubs is if heard it first. (I doubt I'll be able to look at the JoJo dub now that I got so use to people' voices)

Or if the Dub is Chaos Wars bad.

In regards to subs vs dubs, my position is to watch most anime with subs, with exception to Cowboy Bebop, Space Dandy, and the shows I watched as a kid. For games, I prefer english dubs with the only exception being games that only have subs, such as Freedom Wars.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Because you can't play 4U on a TV screen

While I agree it'd be nice to play it on a TV, I'm pretty okay with it being a handheld game.

Can you wait a month?

Yeah, I'm just antsy about it because I want to experiment and test stuff out, and I can't because I'm at work.

All this crack talk reminds me of when Shinovi Versus and Smash and Ultimax and Xrd came out

I never really got into those too hard. I still play them every now and again, with the exception of Xrd which I haven't opened. SV is still godlike, but very few people here actually have it.

All this crack talk reminds me of when Shinovi Versus and Smash and Ultimax and Xrd came out

Monster hunter is a significantly longer game than fighting games or hometown/life ninja fighter. Plus it's a favorite of Pat and he'll probably be rounding up a lot of us for hunts when all of his IRL friends can't handle as much crack as Pat does.

The Marlins are getting better. They have Giancarlo and Fernandez is coming back this season. There were points last season when they were in first.

They are getting better, but I just can't watch baseball. I've tried multiple times to watch it but I just get bored. It's 2 slow 5 me

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Just because a game is fresh, new, hyped, or solid doesn't make it "crack". The "crack" moniker is generally reserved for things with inherently addictive long-term qualities.

Monster hunter is a significantly longer game than fighting games or hometown/life ninja fighter. Plus it's a favorite of Pat and he'll probably be rounding up a lot of us for hunts when all of his IRL friends can't handle as much crack as Pat does.

They are getting better, but I just can't watch baseball. I've tried multiple times to watch it but I just get bored. It's 2 slow 5 me

I can watch it, but not everyday. I'll usually watch a game about every other day or two. I'm worried about the Tigers man..they lost a lot of their starting pitching power.

SV is still godlike, but very few people here actually have it.
Once I get it I'm making all you fuckers play with me
Only this time I'm pretty sure it won't die out... I hope.
Nah probably not. Pat's going to come in to ask to play more
MH4 is probably going to reach, if not pass, smash levels of hype. Also, Xrd didn't really get a lot of hype in here. At least not as much as Ultimax.
Yeah I was realizing that as I typed and posted it lol.

MH4 is probably going to reach, if not pass, smash levels of hype. Also, Xrd didn't really get a lot of hype in here. At least not as much as Ultimax.

Mostly because the netcode for xrd is shit in comparison to ultimax and not many characters to choose from so people here are having difficulty finding a main.

My excuse is that my ultimax stick is hopefully coming in a few weeks and I just want that so bad that I don't even want to play on my old one.

;___;

I miss when miami sports was good.
I remember when the Rams weren't a laughing stock on offense. Least the Royals and the Bulls are good.
My crack is Persona 4 Golden. It's the only game that I have literally over 100 hours in. I could play it forever and continue to be satisfied with it.
I have too much time invested into various cracks. Melee and NFL 2k5 took over 500 hours of my life, and Dark Soul 1 and 2 combined is around 300 hours alone. My time with The Binding of Isaac is pretty fucking high too.

And I have a budding addiction to Project Diva...Oh god...

360pages

Mostly because the netcode for xrd is shit in comparison to ultimax and not many characters to choose from so people here are having difficulty finding a main.

My excuse is that my ultimax stick is hopefully coming in a few weeks and I just want that so bad that I don't even want to play on my old one.

I would be more hyped for Ultimax if I could join a lobby with getting my ass booted ever 30sec. Seriously it's annoying and I can't practice or anything because of it, at least not with people around my same level.

Which is weird, since none of the other modes or none of my other games ever have that kind of problem with online.

Anyone up for a game of Xrd in a week or two? My internet should be back up by then and I have been itching to get into it. I have been trying to practice, but I feel like I won't get better until I have some experience fighting some actual human opponents.

It's really not a stupid thread. Some of the posts are stupid, but that happens everywhere. The topic is a legitimate one. The fact that the new Mario Party doesn't have online is laughably unacceptable.

People would rage quit. Plus connection issues and lag could really fuck it up.

Mario Party is always about the local co op

my crack is far cry 2 and not in a good way
All crack is whack.
So to you Vita people (again), do you have this or something like it? It seems pretty cool and like something I'd prefer if I had a Vita.

Online window shopping is fun
What do you mean, you Vita people?

I should probably get a pouch for my handhelds.

That's not a valid excuse, when fighting games have online play.

I should probably get a pouch for my handhelds.

neon-green-dare-fanny-pack3.jpg

Best place for your crack

360pages

Mario Party online is needed...but I think it should be restricted to friends among other things. People tend to forget that Mario Party, games can easily take up to 3-hours. They would need timers for people who just want to halt the game.

I remember when the Rams weren't a laughing stock on offense. Least the Royals and the Bulls are good.

I have too much time invested into various cracks. Melee and NFL 2k5 took over 500 hours of my life, and Dark Soul 1 and 2 combined is around 300 hours alone. My time with The Binding of Isaac is pretty fucking high too.

And I have a budding addiction to Project Diva...Oh god...
I have a plethora of other cracks too. Looking back, I also had about 200 hours in New Vegas, 450 for Skyrim, countless hours for the Pokemon games, and about 120 for Shadow the Hedgehog, the only game I have completed 100%.

The only consistent crack I've had is that anime beezy. It's the hardest to stop and is ruining all other mediums for me, but I don't care and just keep going down that hole.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Everything used to be about local co-op before there was the internet. It's not a practical argument. We're in 2015.

You're suggesting lag is an issue in Mario Party of all games? When we consistently play fighting games that require 1-frame links online? Get serious.

You're suggesting lag is an issue in Mario Party of all games? When we consistently play fighting games that require 1-frame links? Get serious.
A couple Mario Party minigames would be broken if lag came into play. Given Nintendo's other online games, ehhhh.

Still should let us play with friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom