• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized the summoning things in Devil Survivor Overclocked are called COMPS. Now all I can think of is the song

2985518.jpg

I just realized the summoning things in Devil Survivor Overclocked are called COMPS. Now all I can think of is the song

EENEENEE MEENEENEE MINE MINENEEENEE MOE!

demidar

EENEENEE MEENEENEE MINE MEENEEENNEE MOE!

NO STOP YOU'LL SUMMON MARA

I can as well, though I'm not too confident in my Python.

Fuck it, ima download Ren'Py and play around a bit. I don't need sleep.
By the by, if you wanna help with the backend that's cool. We can start planning shit or whatever when we finalize setting and characters.
Wouldn't a Friender only Visual novel be pretty much impossible?
If you want to have everybody in, than there would be too much work.
We'd probably have a second vote to choose who's in, or it'd be super goofy and represent people with their avatars.

Jman014

I just tried it, and got somewhat motion sick..
Wonder what the FOV on the game is.
Wouldn't a Friender only Visual novel be pretty much impossible?
If you want to have everybody in, than there would be too much work.
I'd write my character, tho

Noooooooooooo
*insert rainbow frog gif*

Oberon

Banned
By the by, if you wanna help with the backend that's cool. We can start planning shit or whatever when we finalize setting and characters.
We'd probably have a second vote to choose who's in, or it'd be super goofy and represent people with their avatars.

Well, we could decide that the poeple helping making the project could be in.
That might motivate more poeple to work on it

That's really what I'd rather do anyway, it makes it work for more than just the people in here

Yep. You'd have your 4 main routes being Matt, Pat, Liam, and Woolie. Side characters like Billy, Plague, Cranky, etc. Some Silent Hill 2 types of special endings. Also, instead of going for the typical high school setting we should do something different.

demidar

Yep. You'd have your 4 main routes being Matt, Pat, Liam, and Woolie. Side characters like Billy, Plague, Cranky, etc. Some Silent Hill 2 types of special endings. Also, instead of going for the typical high school setting we should do something different.

Secret Zach vs. Benny Fight For The Universe route.

I would also agree with not putting it in a typical school setting, and maybe even non-romance too? (If we're gonna put dirty scenes in we need to get IndonesianBob :lol)

Setting is the main thing I wonder about. I was gonna poll the people who are interested in writing on that. I also wouldn't mind giving a few frienders a minor route (Joose suggested that)? But with the number of people there's no good fair way to choose.

Secret Zach vs. Benny Fight For The Universe route.

I would also agree with not putting it in a typical school setting, and maybe even non-romance too? (If we're gonna put dirty scenes in we need to get IndonesianBob :lol)

Yeah, no H-Scenes. No need to creep out the Best friends more than we already do. What would a non-romance VN be like?

Setting is the main thing I wonder about. I was gonna poll the people who are interested in writing on that. I also wouldn't mind giving a few frienders a minor route (Joose suggested that)? But with the number of people there's no good fair way to choose.

Yeah, it's not going to work. We could do some sort of easter egg thing?

demidar

If we do a Super Best Friends VN, there has to be Jojo music

Yes. But only if we don't get in any legal trouble. It should be okay if it's under Creative Commons are something like that, right?

Yeah, no H-Scenes. No need to creep out the Best friends more than we already do. What would a non-romance VN be like?

Murder Mystery ala 999/VLR.

I am now convinced that this is the best idea.

croten

Yes. But only if we don't get in any legal trouble. It should be okay if it's under Creative Commons are something like that, right?

Who killed Liam?
It was Zach

An easter egg of all of our avatars on stick people would be pretty funny

Yeah, that would work. Just have us argue about monster girls or whatever.

This could work. Okay, you're a blank-slate zaibatsu fan who has won a chance to meet the Zaibatsu. Someone gets murdered (let's say Zach) and you have to figure out who did it. Zaibatsuronpa. Let's do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom