• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiraiya

I use to play Counter Strike Source on Dialup, only got about a ping of 200 in it, use to be perfectly playable enough, I could react fast enough to kill people and get decent K/D ratios and they could kill me.

But the original Red Faction had the best netcode I had ever seen of a FPS game, you would get like a ping of 80 on it with Dialup.

I decided to boot up P4U and I'm glad everything is the same.
i still suck and trying to learn to use a fight stick doesn't help.

As long as it's playable it should be ok...

Consistency is the best since you can at least get used to it.

Yup. I would like to think it's like weighted training and then once you git gud with lag you should be hella good with a good connection.

Beloved

Terrible internet is better than jumpy internet because you can learn to work with a bad connection that never changes.

This is true, I had "jumpy" internet at one point when I lived in the middle of nowhere for about a year, and it was so frustrating with multiplayer because one minute you'd have a great connection with virtually no lag, and the next minute people are skipping around the damn screen. The connection would also randomly cut out completely at times.

It was not fun.

Okay. CreeperBlocks rant time. So I bought a PS2 controller off of Amazon clearly brand spanking new. Came in a month ago looked great, no rips or buttons falling off so that was great. So today I finally take it out of the packaging, and tried it out on ratchet and clank three. I went to to play it and.. Something felt off. The L1 and L2 shoulder buttons
don't...fucking work. I was like how was this possible? What the fuck? I plug in my old one and it works.. God damn it..

And in Neogaf GOTY user affinity related note ---> Hey Mrgoodwil:
o7vKZzt.gif
hqdefault.jpg

God damn he spends half the battle in the air. Now I know why archers are super important.
No, don't fall to the dark side. You avoid him, and if he hovers low enough you nail him with overheads and he drops out of the sky. Having half the normal time limit in the demo makes that hard tho

Also I get 150kb/s. Bow before Kentucky internet.
Innit great? We pay like $75 for 300kb/s at home.
I just realized that you can currently get a UR Honoka from honor scouting. I don't have any love gems...
Oh geez oh man Phantom
I suck at this monster hunter :(

I can't orient myself to keep my guy in front of the monster and my attacks miss.
Just takes practice, I got my ass kicked plenty at first.

Xiraiya

Yup. I would like to think it's like weighted training and then once you git gud with lag you should be hella good with a good connection.

I was in a bit of a mixed crowd in Highschool, made up of both "Jocks" and "gamers" I guess you'd call them, so I had some friends who played games and sometimes did Lan stuff, and Dialup was a bit like that, you had to react quicker to kill people who had lower pings, so when the time came to play with a ping of like 5, you had to reign yourself in a little.

I wasn't exactly playing with really mature people, so going from being the guy who was kind of the weakest of the bunch in a game like CSS to someone who was edging past the others would never really sit all that well with one of my friends as he was "use" to being the dominating player and not really having too much competition, so it was easier to hold back and just enjoy it.

You could be a chump and get the Circle Pad Pro.

IT SUCKS. The card has 1% drop rate and love gems cost cash money. Life is so unfair.
Well that UR Honoka even has a higher drop rate since it is her first week out! If you do a 50 love gem pull you get 1 free student and at least a guarrented SR. It's only $29.99 for the love gems...

The crack is pretty strong

You could be a chump and get the Circle Pad Pro.

IT SUCKS. The card has 1% drop rate and love gems cost cash money. Life is so unfair.

There are ways to get free love gems you know, I haven't spent a dime on love live and managed to get over 200 love gems over the time i've been playing it

I was in a bit of a mixed crowd in Highschool, made up of both "Jocks" and "gamers" I guess you'd call them, so I had some friends who played games and sometimes did Lan stuff, and Dialup was a bit like that, you had to react quicker to kill people who had lower pings, so when the time came to play with a ping of like 5, you had to reign yourself in a little.

I wasn't exactly playing with really mature people, so going from being the guy who was kind of the weakest of the bunch in a game like CSS to someone who was edging past the others would never really sit all that well with one of my friends as he was "use" to being the dominating player and not really having too much competition, so it was easier to hold back and just enjoy it.

Sadly I never got to go to any LAN parties or anything like that. Was too young for all of it.

Zenfalcia

Nah, it's not that i'm not used to it, i'm just bad at inputting combos properly. Thanks for the video anyways.
I just realized that you can currently get a UR Honoka from honor scouting. I don't have any love gems...

Do the thing and buy those crack gems, you know you want to.
Okay. CreeperBlocks rant time. So I bought a PS2 controller off of Amazon clearly brand spanking new. Came in a month ago looked great, no rips or buttons falling off so that was great. So today I finally take it out of the packaging, and tried it out on ratchet and clank three. I went to to play it and.. Something felt off. The L1 and L2 shoulder buttons
don't...fucking work. I was like how was this possible? What the fuck? I plug in my old one and it works.. God damn it..

That sucks, is there any chance to get a refund or something? Worst case you try to find solutions online..
I suck at this monster hunter :(

I can't orient myself to keep my guy in front of the monster and my attacks miss.

no worries, i had the same problem. I just oriented myself better or tapped the L button once in a while to reorient myself when i do the next attack. That or run away from the bettle a bit and then reajust.

demidar

It could be fun but it could get old veeerrry quickly, going to one of those huge Lan Parties in like a city is the crappiest thing ever.

I used to go to LAN parties twice every year, between breaks in school. I always hated the process of packing up my computer, putting it in the car, bringing it back out and then plugging it in somewhere else. It doesn't take too long, I'm just too lazy. The place also sometimes didn't have enough table room so some people could get into uncomfortable positions.

This took place at a friend's house, not like a LAN party at a hall or a BYOC area.

I know you can them as rewards from song milestones and story mode. Is there any other way to do it?
Daily login bonuses sometimes, maxing bonds with students, you get 5 on each girls birthday, event rewards: it gets slow at a certain point but I've done at least 5 50 gem pulls just from the free ones they give away

So this Dying Light video. This looks like a pretty cool game.

The First Person combat looks decent, but I want to give it a whirl first.
I used to go to LAN parties twice every year, between breaks in school. I always hated the process of packing up my computer, putting it in the car, bringing it back out and then plugging it in somewhere else. It doesn't take too long, I'm just too lazy. The place also sometimes didn't have enough table room so some people could get into uncomfortable positions.

This took place at a friend's house, not like a LAN party at a hall or a BYOC area.
Same here. Huge hassle, but playing lagless in kentucky is like a miracle come to life.

If only my friends liked fitegames

I know you can them as rewards from song milestones and story mode. Is there any other way to do it?

Not that I can think of, daily logins, birthdays, song milestones, event rewards and idolised girls story mode are the only ways to get gems for free. But if you have a lot of time, story mode for every generic idol girls will be the fastest way of getting gems

Agreed.

Nighttime seems intense yo

If it's really mirrors edge x dead island, I really want to see how good at parkour your character is with a full skill tree.

The First Person combat looks decent, but I want to give it a whirl first.

It definitely has some jank bits like the Dropkick animation but this is still an early build so I can forgive that. I love the visuals more than anything. The different tiers of loot somewhat like Borderlands is quite nice as well.

Mr.Jack

Neo Member
So this Dying Light video. This looks like a pretty cool game.

It looks like a well made Dead Island, Dead Island is a weird game because it's cheap, uninspired, repetitive and full of glitches, I would never say that the game is good but for some reason is fun as hell, I still can't believe that I played 60 hours of Dead Island.

It looks like a well made Dead Island, Dead Island is a weird game because it's cheap, uninspired, repetitive and full of glitches, I would never say that the game is good but for some reason is fun as hell, I still can't believe that I played 60 hours of Dead Island.
The best part about dead island is sam b bio

croten

It definitely has some jank bits like the Dropkick animation but this is still an early build so I can forgive that. I love the visuals more than anything. The different tiers of loot somewhat like Borderlands is quite nice as well.

It's not that early a build, the game is coming out pretty soon. that drop kick animation will probably not change

why are you bolding Dead Island constantly

Gamer Y

Morning, evening, whatever frienders!

I had the weirdest dream last night, it involved the best friends, so freaky.

so how is everybody?

Mr.Jack

Neo Member
why are you bolding Dead Island constantly

Because I'm kind of obsessive when it comes to redaction, I bold everything that is a name, like a game or a game console or the name of a series, etc. It's just something that I like to do, I also use a lot of "quotation marks" among other things.

Daily login bonuses sometimes, maxing bonds with students, you get 5 on each girls birthday, event rewards: it gets slow at a certain point but I've done at least 5 50 gem pulls just from the free ones they give away

Not that I can think of, daily logins, birthdays, song milestones, event rewards and idolised girls story mode are the only ways to get gems for free. But if you have a lot of time, story mode for every generic idol girls will be the fastest way of getting gems

Right, I forgot about those. So in about 3 months I should have enough to do a 10 student draw.
;_;

Okingjrr

All this internet talk, missed the discussion twice!
I pay between 45-50 bucks for this:
4069449376.png

And it gets bottlenecked on youtube cause whatever with my ISP.
Montreal server test if it matters

Come next week, I'll be getting about 500 mbps DL and 200 UL for the same price. I'm so excited!
Let the salt flow.
Catching up with this thread and then you hit the lewd :/

D:
Don't you know that nightGaf turns into lewdGaf?
It's guaranteed to happen at least once a day.

I would imagine it would be like playing online, but having the people talk shit to you in person instead of over a headset.

By the way before I forget, you wanna make sure you have FF14 downloaded before the servers go down tomorrow night for patch 2.5. If you have half the game download when a new content patch is coming out then it'll likely corrupt your shit and you'll have to re-download the entire thing.

Come next week, I'll be getting about 500 mbps DL and 200 UL for the same price. I'm so excited!
Let the salt flow.

Do you live at fucking NASA or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom