• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

I fell out of the Pokémon Playthrough, they legit should have just done a regular playthough since it seemed like it was their first pokemon game in a while, and them just taking it in would have been fun.

croten

The pace would have been a hell of a lot faster, and if they actually planed that each of them got to select 2 pokemon for the part it could have been really fun.

No it wouldn't of. Pokemon is just a bad game to do an LP of on youtube, the only good way to do it would be via stream or if you knew the game like the back of your hand.

360pages

No it wouldn't of. Pokemon is just a bad game to do an LP of on youtube, the only good way to do it would be via stream or if you knew the game like the back of your hand.

Fair enough, I do think that Chugga's LP of the game, especially XD and Coliseum was pretty fun. Though that was probably because he had a lot of knowledge of the game.

tsundoku

Its just a game with a glacial pace in everything. And you had Liam half remembering things, from newer more optimized games. Matt didn't care at all the entire time which he gladly showcased during the last hours of the stream. And Woolie thinking it was going to be an emotional rollercoaster that would provide hype instead of being snoringly easy, him trying to make optimization decisions that really didn't matter (hence why Liam and him argued so much) and then the game just being randomly impossible, like their loadout for Pikachu in Viridian forest. It would have been far more graceful if Pikachu had put them down about 20 hours earlier.

They could have picked a game with so many more features to talk about, and done a normal playthrough so they could have optimized with Berries/EVs, done beauty contests and sidequests and been prepared for battles causing them to take way less time.

Also never LP a Pokemon game with more then 2 people.

I haven't really been paying attention I guess but I didn't know what Dying Light was. It looks pretty good. Though it felt a bit artificial and shilly. Still a pretty fun video.

360pages

Its just a game with a glacial pace in everything. And you had Liam half remembering things, from newer more optimized games. Matt didn't care at all the entire time which he gladly showcased during the last hours of the stream. And Woolie thinking it was going to be an emotional rollercoaster that would provide hype instead of being snoringly easy, him trying to make optimization decisions that really didn't matter (hence why Liam and him argued so much) and then the game just being randomly impossible, like their loadout for Pikachu in Viridian forest. It would have been far more graceful if Pikachu had put them down about 20 hours earlier.

They could have picked a game with so many more features to talk about, and done a normal playthrough so they could have optimized with Berries/EVs, done beauty contests and sidequests and been prepared for battles causing them to take way less time.

Also never LP a Pokemon game with more then 2 people.

BW1/2 or X/Y probably would have been better picks, X/Y since the EXP share was built for anti grinding.

I don't even like that hero
Well then how about good Puck, from Berserk
images10.jpg

croten

BW1 then, at least it would have a story for them to talk about .(Though I doubted Matt would have cared about it) and the EXP system meant as long as you kept moving forward and switching up your members you would be fine.

DS capture bullshit then. I doubt they would use a DS emulator for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom