• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike0dude

6h8PNY7.gif

tumblr_n0h51jXiaD1tros9go1_400.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_lmpg9jl57d1qfeod9.0.gif

giphy.gif

RSE is where the current system is from, right?
Correct.
Exactly. Every generation adds awesome pokemon and lame-ass pokemon, right down to the first, and everybody's preferences as to which is which are different. I really loved a lot of Gen V's new pokemon, like Excadrill and Haxorus and Chandelure.

My personal favorite Gens are II and IV. Best starters, Tied with Gen III for best legendaries, best new dragon types.
All my favorites seem to be from Gen III. The tropical nature to the designs, plus the inherent flash appeal to me.

And Blaziken is the best.

But that sucked. Froakie looked much cooler. Though Oshawott is a bae
tumblr_m38pjkLhOP1r7da56.gif

No, Oshawatt is the most obvious shitty off-brand Piplup ever, and Delphox is great.

Like, we came right off the heels of Piplup, the best water starter ever, with a worse version of Piplup, the best water starter ever.

The yomi tech is astounding in competitive Pokemon.

Did I use those terms right?

That yomi 2 good.

Eh, all generations have their duds.

RU and NU are really centralized, because of the lack of variety, but you'll see some Pokemon that can't compete in UU or OU. It's what it is.

Holy shit, Pokemon metagame discussion? My favorite tier is NU because nobody expects Dedenne to wreck their shit until it does.

I love bringing in an NU pokemon into OU just to fuck shit up. Brought a Swalot into OU and swept a Garchomp, Scizor, and a Venosaur because I had fire/ice punch and life orb on it. Mind games are such a huge part of that game just because bringing in odd movesets into fight can ruin entire gameplans.

Plus, IVs have been always been in the game, actually. they're in gen 1.

That's true. I forgot about that.

No, Oshawatt is the most obvious shitty off-brand Piplup ever, and Delphox is great.

Like, we came right off the heels of Piplup, the best water starter ever, with a worse version of Piplup, the best water starter ever.

Most Water starters start off great, and end off...Not great...

Empoleon and Greninja are great, but that's it.

I think Oshawott is the best water starter since Totodile.
Oshawott.gif

I think gen 4 had the worst starters

woot No More Heroes runs perfectly on dolphin on my laptop
gonna marathon it and 2 after Xenoblade and maybe unless its MH time Skyward Sword afterwards

Most Water starters start off great, and end off...Not great...

Empoleon and Greninja are great, but that's it.

The biggest problem with Feraligator was that it existed before the physical/special move split. So its a great pokemon now, but in Gen 2 it was pretty bad as a water type to have only good physical attack and speed.

I love bringing in an NU pokemon into OU just to fuck shit up. Brought a Swalot into OU and swept a Garchomp, Scizor, and a Venosaur because I had fire/ice punch and life orb on it. Mind games are such a huge part of that game just because bringing in odd movesets into fight can ruin entire gameplans.

Ain't nothing wrong with that. I made Raikou a mainstay, instead of Jolteon, and I messed around with Wishcash and Cradily. Bringing the unknown is a great way to get an opponent off guard.

Also Klefki.

Not the best fire starter by far, but still cool.

I was like "Really? Fire/Fighting twice in a goddamn row? Fuck off."
And then Tepig came along and I was so mad

its not broken
i just dont wanna buy a game just cause i never played it before
or wait for it to get here from Amazon
im too impatient lol
i was gonna emulate Xenoblade too but luckily my mom was able to find a copy for christmas

No your disc is broken

Blastoise is a severe downgrade from Wartortle, Feraligatr is boring as all hell, like all of Gen II starters, and Swampert is...Swampert. The mega looks rad though.

I love Empoleon's design though. Gen IV has the best set of final starter Evos in the series.

I agree on the Gen IV thing, but want to punch you for talking shit about Blastoise

250px-009Blastoise.png

Really? DP? The thread stops just long enough for me to DP?

Xiraiya

Favorite starters

1. Charizard (Blastoise honorable mention)
2. Tododile (Typhlosion honorable mention)
3. Blaziken (Sceptile honorable mention)

6. Delphox

Dragonite is still my undisputed favorite Pokemon of all time

Oberon

Banned
Sakuras hiding behind a tree plotting Chun Lis murder

Speaking of Sakura, let's discusse girls with short hair. I used to think that long hair is the only way, but I start doubting myself now...
Favorite starters

1. Charizard (Blastoise honorable mention)
2. Tododile (Typhlosion honorable mention)
3. Blaziken (Sceptile honorable mention)

6. Delphox

Dragonite is still my undisputed favorite Pokemon of all time

Dragonite is not even the best Dragon pokemon
Opinions how do they work?

it was the realest shit tho

sf2.png

That's...mhm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom