• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swalot's the best tho

tumblr_lmsj03RyUm1qj0krzo1_500.gif

360pages

Legit, EV's are fine. IV's are the big problem.

You don't have to worry about EV's in Gen 1-2 mostly because all EVs could be maxed out on all stats. As a result just going though the game normally and grinding to level 100 would make you pokemon competitive ready.

Gen 3 and on put a cap on the EVs you could get, limiting you to maxing out only 2. As a result unless you know what kind of Ev's pokemon give before hand, you main game team is useless. Along with things like Personalities and IV's it's far steeper than the earlier gens.

Also, we need a new Stadium game, I don't care if the models are in 3D in the handheld now. I want to seem them with more animations and in HD.

Legit, EV's are fine. IV's are the big problem.

You don't have to worry about EV's in Gen 1-2 mostly because all EVs could be maxed out on all stats. As a result just going though the game normally and grinding to level 100 would make you pokemon competitive ready.

Gen 3 and on put a cap on the EVs you could get, limiting you to maxing out only 2. As a result unless you know what kind of Ev's pokemon give before hand, you main game team is useless. Along with things like Personalities and IV's it's far steeper than the earlier gens.

Also, we need a new Stadium game, I don't care if the models are in 3D in the handheld now. I want to seem them with more animations and in HD.
IVs are easy as fuck to manipulate, though. They just need to make them visible, and all of the complaining about them should disappear.

Nothing. It's just that Charizard and especially Blastoise are cooler in my opinion =P.

He's so fucking cool! When I was a child, I was first confronted with pkmn red and thought "wow that dragon looks cool!" and went to the store to buy it. I grabbed pkmn red and was hopping to the register in joy, until I looked to my left and saw this:

yWa3QFZ.jpg

I put pkmn red back, grabbed blue and went home.

<.< I love Venusaur.

I woke up this morning to found out Origa has passed away at 44 because of lung cancer. I mean I'm upset because I'm currently rewatching Stand Alone Complex and I fucking love their openings and the music in general (and the anime). I listened to her other music because of them. Now I'm kind of sad.

I woke up this morning to found out Origa has passed away at 44 because of lung cancer. I mean I'm upset because I'm currently rewatching Stand Alone Complex and I fucking love their openings and the music in general (and the anime). I listened to her other music because of them. Now I'm kind of sad.

Yeah I just heard about that as well..it's a shame, but at least she will live on through her music. I listen to SAC OST almost everyday.

great now im sad
oh well just one more thing i can blame Metal Face for

croten

Pokemon? let's see, out of the 500 or so pokemon there are I am struggling to think of a favorite that isn't a starter... Probably Vileplume

Oberon

Banned
tumblr_mvknazaO6V1suomu9o1_500.gif

Dragonite lore makes them more interesting than a lot of Pokemon.

What lore?
I find Salamence way more interesting.Bagon was really hard to find in R/S/E, and his dream of flight comes true when he evolves.

Dragonite was awesome in rby and the dragon pokemon still remains one of my favorite dragon pokemom of all time. He's still fairly good in competitive play, if that's the only thing you're looking for.

It's not about the competitive play

Xiraiya

Pokemon fun fact I learned years ago.

If you have a way to access/transfer save files, you can load up the same save file in the opposite version of that generation Pokemon game with all of your story progress and data completely intact, literally the only change is what Pokemon appear where.
It's quite interesting how little difference there is.

Of course in cases of like Emerald or Platinum, R/S and D/P saves won't work because the game is actually a different version in that case.

But this works for R/B, G/S, R/S and even into the 4th and 5th generations.

360pages

IVs are easy as fuck to manipulate, though. They just need to make them visible, and all of the complaining about them should disappear.

Well, legit, I can't complain anymore since I got a 6IV ditto, but I can see it somewhat being annoying with no way to edit them among other things.

I had to look up what Bagon was. Also, Dragonite was used by the Elite 4 Champ and was one of the very few dragon pokemon in the first gen. He was also pretty good overall and was a goal to work towards for me. I think he's pretty cool regardless of whatever pokemon lore. Salamence is all right.

If you don't count Dratini and Dragonair, he's the only Dragon type in Gen 1. The only Dragon type move that existed sucked too(Dragon Rage does a set 40 damage and doesn't get STAB).

Boy was Gen 1 a mess. I love it though.

In the first 3 generations, there aren't any Pokemon I actively hate aside from Chikorita, I like most of them just fine.

I active hate Dugtrio, Electrode, and Lickingtung from Gen I. Gen II, I really don't want to make a list, because that Generation, while having some highs, is mostly boring.

If you don't count Dratini and Dragonair, he's the only Dragon type in Gen 1. The only Dragon type move that existed sucked too(Dragon Rage does a set 40 damage and doesn't get STAB).

Boy was Gen 1 a mess. I love it though.

Or lord, the balance was a mess.

I like how the only programmed weaknesses for Psychic didn't even work, or had no moves to take advantage.

360pages

I am thinking about getting the new Pokémon game, but keep convincing myself I don't need it right now. I have X/Y and the new forms in the Remakes do not seem to be worth 40$. The problem is I can't play against anyone using those games which has never been problem in any of the past generations.

I am thinking about getting the new Pokémon game, but keep convincing myself I don't need it right now. I have X/Y and the new forms in the Remakes do not seem to be worth 40$. The problem is I can't play against anyone using those games which has never been problem in any of the past generations.

I loved gen 3 but damn I do not want to get ORAS. X/Y kind of ruined Pokemon a little for me by just being the most kid like and ridiculously easy. And the fact they took the best thing out of gen 3, like the BEST THING ADDED TO POKEMON EVER
fucking hell I'm salty about not Battle Frontier

I loved gen 3 but damn I do not want to get ORAS. X/Y kind of ruined Pokemon a little for me by just being the most kid like and ridiculously easy. And the fact they took the best thing out of gen 3, like the BEST THING ADDED TO POKEMON EVER

Fuck the Battle Maison. Just fuck that cheating piece of shit.

Xiraiya

I will say I thought Luxray in Gen 4 was pretty awesome, I liked mine a whole lot.

What lore?
I find Salamence way more interesting.Bagon was really hard to find in R/S/E, and his dream of flight comes true when he evolves.

I like Bagon/Salamance, I just don't like them as much as Dragonite, from the very beginning of Pokemon, Dragonite and all it's forms has been made out to be a mythical creature that is nigh impossible to find except for the select few, every Dragonite in media outside of the game is roughly about as intelligent as a human with their own personalities and ambitions. In the Pokemon Manga, Lance nukes vermillion city with Dragonair, leaving a massive crater in the center of it.

In the anime there was the Kaiju sized Dragonite that lives in the ocean and sometimes approaches shores, the general Pokemon universe lore about them and how ancient and mysterious they are make them one of the most interesting Pokemon to me, not to mention their absurd power, other Dragon Pokemon are fine but very few of the non legendaries are even remotely nearly as interesting, or I should say "as developed".

That and I have pretty fond memories of my Dragonite in Pokemon silver who had an Adamant nature and a perfect attack IV, with some really good IVs across the board,
I nicknamed him Shenron
, he granted the wish of death to other Pokemon.

So Dragonite has always been my favorite.

360pages

My problem with Gen 3 how mishandled everything was. Post Generation it's mostly fine, but as someone who was actually getting the games as they came out it was a nightmare.

RS was missing a large sum of Kanto/Jhoto pokemon with the problem of not being able to transfer them up at all. Remember Gen 2 had 220 Pokémon obtainable with just G/S and the last 30 or so was legendries or Starters from Gen 1 games you probably have and could trade up.

RS didn't do that, you had to wait a whole year just to get Kanto Pokémon, get Coliseum to get Jhoto pokemon or wait until emerald. R/S only had 202 catchable while missing a lot of favorites

If they were going to cut off compatibility. (Which was necessary) then make at least a majority of pokemon catchable in your new game. Even X/Y understood that since 600 pokemon are obtainable with just X/Y alone.

360pages

Well they are good games by themselves. But compared to the amount of content in HG/SS it's very much lacking. I legit think HG/SS is the best games in the series right next to BW2 with Emerald being third.

tsundoku

Yeah? Huh. I found Wartortle to be so fucking boring that I forgot it existed before you mentioned it. To me, he's the shitty middle-fase the godly Squirtle had to go through to become King Blastoise.

Wartortle has cute headfins and a squirrel tail. Blastoise is this ugly fat pokemon thing that cant move for shit. FTFY

Ugh... Can't believe I'm having DSP moments in Wonderful 101.
Pokemon talk? I don't care which gen designs are better than other gen designs, pokemon will always be pokemon regardless of what they are

tsundoku

Ugh... Can't believe I'm having DSP moments in Wonderful 101.
Pokemon talk? I don't care which gen designs are better than other gen designs, pokemon will always be pokemon regardless of what they are

They're all the same level of quality really. Just because a clam is technically alive, it doesn't make a Big Ol "Clam, but its a Pokemon" arbitrarily more legit then "Fridge, but its a Pokemon". They complained a lot about that in the Nuzlocke and it's like "Liam yer fulla shit"

Oberon

Banned
I will say I thought Luxray in Gen 4 was pretty awesome, I liked mine a whole lot.
I like Bagon/Salamance, I just don't like them as much as Dragonite, from the very beginning of Pokemon, Dragonite and all it's forms has been made out to be a mythical creature that is nigh impossible to find except for the select few, every Dragonite in media outside of the game is roughly about as intelligent as a human with their own personalities and ambitions. In the Pokemon Manga, Lance nukes vermillion city with Dragonair, leaving a massive crater in the center of it.

In the anime there was the Kaiju sized Dragonite that lives in the ocean and sometimes approaches shores, the general Pokemon universe lore about them and how ancient and mysterious they are make them one of the most interesting Pokemon to me, not to mention their absurd power, other Dragon Pokemon are fine but very few of the non legendaries are even remotely nearly as interesting, or I should say "as developed".

That and I have pretty fond memories of my Dragonite in Pokemon silver who had an Adamant nature and a perfect attack IV, with some really good IVs across the board,
I nicknamed him Shenron
, he granted the wish of death to other Pokemon.

So Dragonite has always been my favorite.

I don't really care much about the anime or manga, but I guess it can be considered lore.
My other favorite is Flygon, because back when I playd gen 3 for the first time, I didn't know that Trapinch would evolve to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom