• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Ikr? I've never played it but I would watch the shit out of that LP

But then how will we know how shit Pat is at Souls games?

It was scrubby because Woolie is basically brand new to the Souls games, towards the end he got wayyyy better. A solo Pat LP wouldn't be as long.
The feel of scrubbery.

You'll just feel it.

Anung

Un Rama
I do know one thing. If/when they do Bloodborne it needs to be either Pat/Liam or Pat/Woolie. Please God don't let Matt anywhere near it.

croten

Ikr? I've never played it but I would watch the shit out of that LP

But then how will we know how shit Pat is at Souls games?

It was scrubby because Woolie is basically brand new to the Souls games, towards the end he got wayyyy better. A solo Pat LP wouldn't be as long.

A solo Pat LP of DS would be atrocious. There isn't much moment to moment to talk about and I don't know how good at DS1 Pat is but I have a feeling that it wouldn't be enough to make the playthrough great.

Am I the only person who doesn't want to see another Souls playthrough? DS2 was fine but it was so fucking long and there were a lot of episodes of scrubbery
Would of preferred it if they went with DS1 rather than 2, only because I haven't played 2 and couldn't get in to it as much as others here

I'd watch the hell out of a full solo pat lp. I dislike Matts solo lp
I don't dislike Matt as a solo, I dislike the game he's playing so I basically use the videos as a podcast.

The feel of scrubbery.

You'll just feel it.
You do feel it..like filth just showering your body.

A solo Pat LP of DS would be atrocious. There isn't much moment to moment to talk about and I don't know how good at DS1 Pat is but I have a feeling that it wouldn't be enough to make the playthrough great.
I wouldn't want him to talk about the game, just chatting casually while playing would be fine. Sort of how Plague does his LP, but occasionally bring up the game and what is going on, what he thinks the backstory on certain shit is etc etc.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I'd watch the hell out of a full solo pat lp. I dislike Matts solo lp
I'm quite liking LPs like Matt's and the SH2 one. I like it when they play games they know a lot about. Also, I've grown less fond of watching them play traditional RPGs. There's tons of waiting and I hate random battles. I've found it painful for me to replay FFVI and even replaying FFVII, one of my favorite games of all time is becoming increasingly tedious.

360pages

A long break before another Dark Souls LP or anything that long with little variation on Gameplay. I loved the LP, but woof I need to take breaks from it for me not to get burned out.

croten

I don't dislike Matt as a solo, I dislike the game he's playing so I basically use the videos as a podcast.

You do feel it..like filth just showering your body.

I wouldn't want him to talk about the game, just chatting casually while playing would be fine. Sort of how Plague does his LP, but occasionally bring up the game and what is going on, what he thinks the backstory on certain shit is etc etc.

I don't think Pat would have enough to talk about for 40-50 episodes (at least)

I like Matt the least of all the zaibatsu members
I like Matt, I really don't have a least favorite each member has their own advantages and disadvantages.
I don't think Pat would have enough to talk about for 40-50 episodes (at least)

Sure he would, we just need to give him a box of wine.
I heard he's giving nice QA stories during the playthrough.
He is, he's doing fine by himself although you can tell he's extremely nervous. I just wish it was a different game he was playing although given his past with it I can understand why he chose it.

When they do Bloodborne, I think it'd be cool if they summoned those of us who have Bloodborne as well. Provided there is a way do so without it being so random

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I heard he's giving nice QA stories during the playthrough.
That's why I'm enjoying it.
I like Matt, I really don't have a least favorite each member has their own advantages and disadvantages.

I agree with that.
a2792064d9597366c36857128a503d44.jpg

croten

I think we're thinking of a different person here. I love Pat but a whole solo LP could only work with a small selection of games, and those are probably the Yakuza games or maybe a character action game. I do not think the quiet, slow Souls games would b ideal for a solo LP for any of the best friends

Anung

Un Rama
I'm pretty sure he would not have agreed to be on that LP if he had no interest in the game prior.

During The Evil Within he said he played a few chapters and didn't like it and his disinterest made huge parts of that unwatchable. If Liam was involved it would have actually been decent. You just need to watch anything on the channel to know if Matt isn't interested his commentary is usually crap. I'd rather a game like Bloodborne have 2 Ziabatsu members who are super hype about it.

That's why I'm enjoying it.

I agree with that.
That sunny...I like you..

I think we're thinking of a different person here. I love Pat but a whole solo LP could only work with a small selection of games, and those are probably the Yakuza games or maybe a character action game. I do not think the quiet, slow Souls games would b ideal for a solo LP for any of the best friends
I'm just using this as an excuse to get more Plague DaS..I fucking love that LP.

I think pat and Liam work better on rpgs
Idk, I think they would work pretty well on old school survival horrors as well. I wish it was the original they re did in HD, but oh well..

360pages

Matt works well with his element, Fighting games and other stuff. But he probably just didn't care much for Evil Within. (I really can't blame them since they didn't do RE4 THAT long ago)

He works well in fighting games and in faster action games.

Matt works well with his element, Fighting games and other stuff. But he probably just didn't care much for Evil Within. (I really can't blame them since they didn't do RE4 THAT long ago)

He works well in fighting games and in faster action games.

The only problem with a double blind LP is if they end up apathetic. Pat's stated many times that they try to play games they love or hate so they can stay invested. Matt was more and more let down by Evil Within as it went on, and I think if he had that opinion at the start, they wouldn't have played it.

Pat said they wanted a feelgood end to shitstorm, instead they got a shitstorm.

Skrams

I think pat and Liam work better on rpgs

That's easy to say when they've only done RPGs.

Idk, I think they would work pretty well on old school survival horrors as well. I wish it was the original they re did in HD, but oh well..

It would be neat to see them do a PS1 RE1 and RE1 HD run back to back. It might be a little overkill to any regular viewer of the channel though. Gameinformer does some fun LPs and they did an episode of regular RE1 then REmake so they could show off the differences between both. I like the idea, but I know they probably wouldn't do it.

Re3 is my favorite anyways

re1 will always have a special place in my heart since it was the first game I ever played that introduced me to survival horror. Then re2..and so on.

That's easy to say when they've only done RPGs.

It would be neat to see them do a PS1 RE1 and RE1 HD run back to back. It might be a little overkill to any regular viewer of the channel though. Gameinformer does some fun LPs and they did an episode of regular RE1 then REmake so they could show off the differences between both. I like the idea, but I know they probably wouldn't do it.
I would watch that. I love listening to Pat ramble on about random RE shit.

vKpfhos.png

Wait wait wait. Run the tape back.

We're not allowed to talk about Criminal Girls?

Oh God.

That's still so annoying, Criminal Girls is nowhere near the level of those first two.

back in my day we didn't have target lock

PSP_Claw.jpg

Oh god, I'm so happy we're past this. Fucked my fingers up so bad.

Im new to this thread
so does matt, pat, woolie and liam go on this thread? what are their gaf account names?

Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom