• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe2187

Banned
I wish the digital MTG card games werent all terrible.

LET ME CREATE MY OWN FUCKING DECK!!

also put it on Vita....

with card rubbing mini games.

I tried getting into wrestling but couldnt do it. As for Kamen Rider, I dont really like super sentai...if it were anime I might be into it but...the live action turns me off from it.
You probably just miss your old wrestling.

I have a feeling Pat will lap me on the Wire watching. I've actually been busy lately and haven't had too much free time. Holy shit I need to get to season 4. EVERYONE keeps telling me how good it is.

I fully admit to being a nerd.... note the droning anime blog above... but seriously, got to say, save up for a car instead.
I dont even have a licence, id rather take the bus than be stressed out about driving.
Also my moms getting a new car and shes giving me the used truck we just got and its in pretty good condition

Tako

Yeah. I mean I got hype today because my gas bill was only $89 as opposed to the $119 it was last January (fuck yeah covering up the windows actually made a difference).

Tell me about it. After I learned that it became common practice to cover the windows mid September. That and I turn off the heat when I'm gone and I bought sleeping bags from goodwill for my dogs

I dont even have a licence, id rather take the bus than be stressed out about driving.
Also my moms getting a new car and shes giving me the used truck we just got and its in pretty good condition

Cool. Just remember, terrified is the right emotion to have for your first 6 months of driving, lol.

Nothing is worse than someone who is part of the topic and they don't want to be involved.

Then again Pat is here but maybe that just makes him a shitbag like us.

<3

Zenfalcia

Super ontime post.

Sorry, it's the one from the first shitstorm. I have a habit of falling asleep while I'm watching so there's always a few videos I've not seen.

Ah, ok. So, you're just watching ones you fell asleep on.
I don't think the thread should be all SBF. That'd get boring after a while. That said I certainly do think we could do with a bit MORE SBF discussion than we have now. I mean look at the Giant Bomb thread. I'd say they're maybe a liiiiitle bit too far in the other direction, maybe, but overall it seems to be a pretty good balance of Giant Bomb discussion and discussion of other stuff. Not saying we need to be exactly like them, but it's a decent reference point. They also post a lot less than we do, considering we're both on Thread 11 and they've existed literally years longer than we have. I don't think it's unfair to say that we've turned into a bit of a chatroom. Whether that's good or bad is up to the individual to decide, though.

My opinion is that we need three things: 1. A bit more Zaibatsu talk, 2. A broader range of stuff to talk about when we DO get off-topic (just because I think we need more Zaibatsu talk doesn't mean I think going off-topic is bad, hell we can be off-topic like 75% of the time for all I care), and 3. Less lewd, because nothing is going to turn people away from a thread, ESPECIALLY on NeoGAF where stuff like that is largely seen as creepy and weird (see any anime thread in OT for proof) faster than that.

Can't become another LPGaf that becomes a skeleton. I should've prefaced that we do go on long interesting tangents of just "community" posts. There are some correct points of the thread being close to a chatroom, which is a bad/good thing as you said depending on the person's perspective.

1. That might be hard since not everyone is able to watch/consume all the SBF content or are all interested in some LPs, this is just speculation, but I'm sure people are happy about the current LPs.

2. We already broaden the range a lot, if you read back on some of the hundreds to thousands of posts we went to unique places. So we got that covered. Unless you can to broaden in different horizons such as sports or more TV dramas/movies talk, but then we get to the same problem of different tastes. We really do belong in community.

3. I can see lewd being a detriment on gaining new "regulars" per say. I can't say that everyone will be driven away as that depends on each person and we have gained some new members who've stuck around regardless of the lewd. Some of the lewdness are jokes, there are times of seriousness. There have been improvements, so there's that. As for lewd, avatars. Avatars are avatars, so what can you do except help warn them of bannable avatars.

I know this is just all my current opinions and no one has to care about them. Nevertheless, a discussion is a discussion.
I dunno if I was getting gud or not, I just loaded my mage up with a shitload of attack spells instead of the basic minions the basic set dumps on you.

Well, you are learning more about the game, no? I think that's enough to earn gitting gud status. The recommendation system is very useful for beginners, it's cool they have it.

edit: SuperSeriousGaf time, i suppose. Coupled with really bad transitions between different subjects.

Towards the end of the Chimera ant arc.
But, gotta disagree. The Tournament arc was bad. And Greed Island was almost bad, but got super hype towards the end.
My only problems with the show right now, is all the periodic training stops. And the tedious exposition of Nen, both of which were heavy in those arcs.
But other than that, it's all super awesome!
By the way, Care Bear, I've never felt more confident saying this.... your waifu are shit! Screw that bitch, seriously! God I hope Gon makes her into a red stain for what she's done.

Nostalgia probably the reason I liked those two arcs. I watched the 1999 version and I was too young to care about the concept of nen. Besides, Hisoka vs Gon makes the arc worth it :p

The original stops at the end of Phantom Troupe. When I found out about GI ova, I ended up watching all the episodes in 2 days.

Can't wait your impressions after finishing Chimera arc.

Also, popcorn with butter and brown sugar is really good.

Tako

Ok guys so this is my current pc/laptop and I honestly know nothing about pc gaming. I really want to buy something more powerful so I can run the games and join the master race. Is 2k good enough for a decent pc? Or should I just personally buy the parts and build it myself or should I out source that to someone else?

Ok guys so this is my current pc/laptop and I honestly know nothing about pc gaming. I really want to buy something more powerful so I can run the games and join the master race. Is 2k good enough for a decent pc? Or should I just personally buy the parts and build it myself or should I out source that to someone else?

2K is plenty enough. I'd recommend buying the parts yourself.

Nostalgia probably the reason I liked those two arcs. I watched the 1999 version and I was too young to care about the concept of nen. Besides, Hisoka vs Gon makes the arc worth it :p

The original stops at the end of Phantom Troupe. When I found out about GI ova, I ended up watching all the episodes in 2 days.

Can't wait your impressions after finishing Chimera arc.

I want to hate Hisoka so bad.... because he's basically a child molester... but I can't!
I have to admit it, Hunter X Hunter designed the coolest irredeamable weirdo ever.
Also, I had no idea there was an earlier adaption of this anime...

Zenfalcia

Is it hardenned or liquidy?

2k is more than enough for something that can run anything on at least high. It'd be cheaper to build it yourself and you would also learn how to maintain it in the process, which is a win win. What kind of things will you be doing on it?

Edit: for better help from professionals go to the gaf demidar linked.

Dryk

So, a more preferred thread would be about nothing but the SBF content or are their interests also out of the question?
It's clear that you guys have your jam and it's working out for you. I figured that since I was passing by while you were discussing scaring people off I might weigh in.

I do actually respect the fact that thread has managed to carve out it's own little community and culture though. So I dunno how you'd fix it.

Zenfalcia

It's clear that you guys have your jam and it's working out for you. I figured that since I was passing by while you were discussing scaring people off I might weigh in.

I do actually respect the fact that thread has managed to carve out it's own little community and culture though. So I dunno how you'd fix it.

I was inquiring for your opinion that's all. It's nice to have different opinions to broaden one's view at least that's what i think.

Introduce small changes and build up? At this point, like you said, we've built a small community here, but I'm afraid that it would make it hard for people who like the SBF to join in and become part of the community.

Tako

2K is plenty enough. I'd recommend buying the parts yourself.

Is it hardenned or liquidy?

2k is more than enough for something that can run anything on at least high. It'd be cheaper to build it yourself and you would also learn how to maintain it in the process, which is a win win. What kind of things will you be doing on it?

Edit: for better help from professionals go to the gaf demidar linked.
Woof that thread gave me a hard on. Alright just started putting shit on wishlists and starting to compare crap. I'll go to work and ask some of the hardcore nerds there for help. I remember one of the guys taking about building a custom Clap Trap tower thing

Zenfalcia

Woof that thread gave me a hard on. Alright just started putting shit on wishlists and starting to compare crap. I'll go to work and ask some of the hardcore nerds there for help. I remember one of the guys taking about building a custom Clap Trap tower thing

Make sure you properly reseach reviews and such before you buy things. Just because it looks cheap, doesn't mean it's good or lives up to the specs. Eg Kingston's lower end SSDs.

I'm sure they might be willing to help you. Make sure you read the OP.

Tako

Make sure you properly reseach reviews and such before you buy things. Just because it looks cheap, doesn't mean it's good or lives up to the specs. Eg Kingston's lower end SSDs.

I'm sure they might be willing to help you. Make sure you read the OP.

Oh yeah for sure. I do that once I get rest of the money saved up and talk to the guys are work. They might have extra parts they can give to me and I know one of the guys loves to build custom PCs as long as you give him all the parts. ^3^

Zenfalcia

Hardenned, I used regular butter popcorn and decided to experiment a bit by mixing the popcorn with powdered brown sugar and it turned out really great.

Oh, i thought you liquified the brown sugar and let it harden on the popcorns. Anyways salty sweet is a nice combination of tastes.
Oh yeah for sure. I do that once I get rest of the money saved up and talk to the guys are work. They might have extra parts they can give to me and I know one of the guys loves to build custom PCs as long as you give him all the parts. ^3^

Lucky you. Make sure those parts are compatible with whatever you plan to make.

Tako

Oh, i thought you liquified the brown sugar and let it harden on the popcorns. Anyways salty sweet is a nice combination of tastes.

Lucky you. Make sure those parts are compatible with whatever you plan to make.

Yeah those guys are on another level. They go to Blizcon and Quakecon and take at least 2 builds with them. I mean over half of their paychecks go into pc gaming. One day I'm going to have my Deathscythe custom tower, green lights and noises and shit. It's gonna be so pretty like this or something
No_Power_Supply_Atx_Full_Tower_Case_t.jpg

Zenfalcia

Yeah those guys are on another level. They go to Blizcon and Quakecon and take at least 2 builds with them. I mean over half of their paychecks go into pc gaming. One day I'm going to have my Deathscythe custom tower, green lights and noises and shit. It's gonna be so pretty like this or something

Why don't you ask them for help or something then?

Emouse

Duo Maxwell is that you

Zenfalcia

I only just started thinking about it earlier,when I laid down and couldn't sleep. They don't like talking to me lately for some reason, I might have rubbed them the wrong way or something. I'm not really sure

Ok. Your laptop currently should run games on low or medium pretty easily. So, is this desktop mainly for gaming or general purpose? What you do is up to you and maybe you'll fix your relationship or something.

Tako

Ok. Your laptop currently should run games on low or medium pretty easily. So, is this desktop mainly for gaming or general purpose? What you do is up to you and maybe you'll fix your relationship or something.

Mainly for gaming and less general purpose. Once I get the desktop the laptop will go back to being general purpose. Or else ill be in this thread freaking out about some thermal paste like Pat

Zenfalcia

Mainly for gaming and less general purpose. Once I get the desktop the laptop will go back to being general purpose. Or else ill be in this thread freaking out about some thermal paste like Pat

Ic ic.. then you might not need to spend that much on the rig, but that's up to you. I'll be waiting for that day, and have fun when that does happen.

12/24 pages already? Holy shit.

There was a huge argument and ensuring panic when pat lit the powdered keg and said Liam doesn't join GAF and hang out with us here because of the waifu bullshit.

Git gud at driving. It'll free you from the shackles of being afraid to pee in your own home.

Mr.Jack

Neo Member
Oh my god hearthstone is so good. I was getting worked using the basic set, and went and made a mage set, using the suggested card thing. The difference between the two sets was enormous, and I've only gotten 3-4 packs. Maaan.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Personally I prefer Duel of Champions, but Hearthstone is cool I guess...

Honestly the reason Liam likely doesn't come in here is he'd likely be bombarded by "MUH ANIME AND WAIFU" references and questions when I'm sure it's a shtick that gets old fast.
Super late reply but I agree with you and it is pretty obvious that Liam dislikes how he was pegged as the anime guy or is at least really tired of it. I would like to imagine the majority of us would have enough respect to not bombard him with Zaibatsu memes. When Pat hangs out in here be does get a lot of questions but it's not just us going on about how god blighted him (unless he himself brings up the subject...) and yelling Tour Guide Nixon stuff at him.
There was a huge argument and ensuring panic when pat lit the powdered keg and said Liam doesn't join GAF and hang out with us here because of the waifu bullshit.
Also on this we having being doing this for 10 and a half threads or so and while I'll contribute to the occasion Yukiko shitting to rile up Zed, even when they are tongue in cheek waifu wars are played out

Zenfalcia

Did real talk happen while I was asleep?

Yes. Posts upon posts of realgaf.
Super late reply but I agree with you and it is pretty obvious that Liam dislikes how he was pegged as the anime guy or is at least really tired of it. I would like to imagine the majority of us would have enough respect to not bombard him with Zaibatsu memes. When Pat hangs out in here be does get a lot of questions but it's not just us going on about how god blighted him (unless he himself brings up the subject...) and yelling Tour Guide Nixon stuff at him.

I hope he can break away from that.. He does have the vita thing going for him.. maybe some changes in his openning animation? I felt like he should've been covered in vitas instead of Pat. He kinda needs more personality being shown to the fans? Maybe some new LPs will help out. Even now I feel like i don't know enough about Liam's personality compared to everyone else, besides anime and japanese stuff.

Tako

Did real talk happen while I was asleep?

More like we need to take corrective actions and clean ourrselus up if we want more newbies and lurkers to join in and not be disgusted. We also need to learn how to stay in discussion more often about the Super Best Friends and not about waifus nor getting lewd. We also need to be respective of other that aren't into Ippoo,Guren,Jojo and fighting games and broaden our discussion that way everyone fits in the group without anyone feeling out of place.

Zenfalcia

Oh, he didn't realize we're just fucking around?

No, not really.
Can someone summarize it for me? Don't feel like reading 1000 posts.

Uh... Mm... Pat started talks with a comment about liam not joining the thread due to waifu wars. Talks became focussed on lewdness, the topics from offtopic to ontopic, how we are a chatroom, which is good/bad depending on peoples' opinions, people not having the same tastes and not fitting in, a lot of people airing grievances about the thread, people having generalish consensus of liking the thread, anf so much more, but i can't remeber it all. Ofc i'm missing tons of details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom