• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberon

Banned
Thanks for the advice. I've actually been a bit sick lately so a lot is cut out because it just sounds awful and I wasn't feeling so well. I actually let loose more than usual on an upcoming one I did. It's weird because I'm super quiet unless I'm comfortable in my environment and I'm starting to get used to it.

Don't loose up too much, or else you'll get Aaron level.
Just try to talk about other things when nothing happens in the game.

Oh is it? I don't know spanish

That's why it's bad

Well, you can't just have the purrest pretties girls that never got a boyfriend before, I bet your Waifu has to take dumbs too, and they smell

Why don't you buy it to find out?

I hope the Game Grumps play it

Their Sakura spirit LP is actually pretty good. I love when poeple not used to anime play VN, it's reminds of that time I tried to play Mario 3D World with my mother.

Zenfalcia

Yeah, I think this may be a parody.

Problem is that I don't give a fuck about what they are parodying, so I really can't give a fuck about this.

Even if it is, it's done terribly.

Like, what is there to be even parodying? Like.. it seems like they hate each other, but the one girl helped the other for some reason?!?!? Or she's angry because she did something wrong?

It doesn't help that the art isn't great either.

Squishy3

Or logic Dive.

Its not hard, it's just.....stupid as all fuck.
Logic Dive isn't anywhere near as offensive as improved hangman's gambit, because it's not annoying to complete.

Hangman's gambit letters just fill the screen and then before you know it you failed the minigame. Logic Dive is static, Improved Hangman's Gambit is RNG dependent.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Even if it is, it's done terribly.

Like, what is there to be even parodying? Like.. it seems like they hate each other, but the one girl helped the other for some reason?!?!? Or she's angry because she did something wrong?

It doesn't help that the art isn't great either.

The one girl is a bitch. So she acts bitchy. They get into a fight because girls do that sometimes. It's probably supposed to be a play on the typical harem where all the girls get along great while all pining for some one guy.

Finally finished Danganronpa 1. Its was ok. At best it managed to attempt to scratch the itch for the new Zero Escape game I'm dying for.

Get into Goodbye Despair, which I feel helps make DR1 a better game.

Maybe, but Chaos still has constant death, murder and human cattle stuff going on as well. I'd agree that Chaos is slightly better, but I'd disagree that there is a super obvious clear option as to which one is worse.

Pat has always had the opinion that Law is the worst path in terms of enjoying the story and that people should try for Neutral.

I got neutral first time through SMTIV. I'm glad because now I'll never touch the game again.
I'm probably a huge dick to the game because I waited so long and it just wasn't amazing

None of the minigames are as bad as hangmans gambit. I felt like the rhythm part wasn't as hard to do in DR2 though. I do also think DR2 is an overall better game. Even if my fave isn't in that one

Zenfalcia

The one girl is a bitch. So she acts bitchy. They get into a fight because girls do that sometimes. It's probably supposed to be a play on the typical harem where all the girls get along great while all pining for some one guy.

Oh, ok. I can see how it is trying to do that, but the dialogue is really ruining it. Maybe it's just that one scene that was bad...
i doubt it.

I got neutral first time through SMTIV. I'm glad because now I'll never touch the game again.
I'm probably a huge dick to the game because I waited so long and it just wasn't amazing
I came away pretty unhappy back on release, but it's alright. It does a lot really well and a handful of frustrating things wrong, but it's damn enjoyable overall. You Eurofolk probably were more critical, I just had higher hopes since I was coming off just beating Nocturne.

None of the minigames are as bad as hangmans gambit. I felt like the rhythm part wasn't as hard to do in DR2 though. I do also think DR2 is an overall better game. Even if my fave isn't in that one

I wonder who it is?

image.php

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Oh, ok. I can see how it is trying to do that, but the dialogue is really ruining it. Maybe it's just that one scene that was bad...
i doubt it.

That particular scene was chosen to highlight an extreme example of the dialogue. I also think those two particular characters don't like each other. I'm assuming that the rest of the cast could be different, but who knows? I'm sure there's some more crass stuff in there.

I actually backed the project way back, before they went explicit and changed the dialogue, so I'll be playing through.

DR2's cast was alright, but I found the first cast to be more memorable. Also, DR2's story was a bit too ridiculous for me. Not that the first game's story wasn't ridiculous, but DR2 just took that and turned it up to 11.

I guess it's just different tastes. I actually disliked half of DR1's cast, while liking most of DR2's cast. Almost every "case" was just stronger for me, too.

joe2187

Banned
DR2's cast was alright, but I found the first cast to be more memorable. Also, DR2's story was a bit too ridiculous for me. Not that the first game's story wasn't ridiculous, but DR2 just took that and turned it up to 11.

I really enjoyed the story and chars in DR1 as well, and it took me a while to come around to DR2's characters however
FUCK YOU NAGITO

Zenfalcia

That particular scene was chosen to highlight an extreme example of the dialogue. I also think those two particular characters don't like each other. I'm assuming that the rest of the cast could be different, but who knows? I'm sure there's some more crass stuff in there.

I actually backed the project way back, before they went explicit and changed the dialogue, so I'll be playing through.

I imagined that's why it is used an example. It could be, but from that little scene, it seems really western or americanized. There's probably worst stuff, or maybe some good parts of the VN.

I wonder what made them change the dialogue...

Ah I see. All right then. By the way, mind if I ask you guys a question?
Is there something I'm missing? Pat and Woolie have been talking as if Chaos is the waaaaaaaay better option, but they're both pretty fucking terrible choices as far as I can see.
Well, to me at least, chaos is a much better choice because of personal ideals and other stupid shit, but neither choice is 'good' per se. It's alot like saying syphilis is worse than herpes. They both fucking suck, one just sucks less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom