• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

croten

So I think im going to buy that HuniePop VN on steam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcGPYxpPt6Q

inn30ZwXcsaCS.gif

Zenfalcia

So I think im going to buy that HuniePop VN on steam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcGPYxpPt6Q

well.. this is a thing.. so much swearing.. it's almost like a donte VN except the art took a hit in quality. The voice acting isn't horrible... *barfs*
So I went and bought Virtual On on the Japanese PSN because I realized Japan got two extra Model 2 games than the rest of the world did. The other was Virtua Striker.

I never realized until now how easy it is to buy Japanese PSN codes. I feel like I have now opened up Pandora's Box as a result. No digital Japanese game is out of my reach now.

Rip in peace arclight's wallet.

Squishy3

So I went and bought Virtual On on the Japanese PSN because I realized Japan got two extra Model 2 games than the rest of the world did. The other was Virtua Striker.

I never realized until now how easy it is to buy Japanese PSN codes. I feel like I have now opened up Pandora's Box as a result. No digital Japanese game is out of my reach now.
Puyo Puyo Tetris is out of your reach. #REKT

Didn't know you make LPs.
Just a little thing I noticed while watching the video.Your commentary should add to the video, and not be only reactions or description of what is happening on the screen. I know that's a really hard to do that while playing a fast paste game that you don't know. That's why the safest thing would be to play a game that you know a lot of, or a slower slower one. Unless you had a co-commentater that would close the game of silence.

Thanks for the advice. I've actually been a bit sick lately so a lot is cut out because it just sounds awful and I wasn't feeling so well. I actually let loose more than usual on an upcoming one I did. It's weird because I'm super quiet unless I'm comfortable in my environment and I'm starting to get used to it.

Ah I see. All right then. By the way, mind if I ask you guys a question?
Is there something I'm missing? Pat and Woolie have been talking as if Chaos is the waaaaaaaay better option, but they're both pretty fucking terrible choices as far as I can see.
You're actually supposed to feel that way, so that means it's doing it's job. If anything it just means they see it as the lesser of two evils.

Ah I see. All right then. By the way, mind if I ask you a question?
Is there something I'm missing? Pat and Woolie have been talking as if Chaos is the waaaaaaaay better option, but they're both pretty fucking terrible choices as far as I can see.

Chaos is slightly better, at least in my opinion, but it's still a terrible route. I don't know why Pat and Woolie thought it was so great. Neutral is the only decent path.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
All this swearing ruins the point of a VN... You want the girls to be likable.. not generic western girl in highschool or around that range. I wonder how the H-scenes are like.. i can't even imagine..

It's one example. An extreme one at that. I'm not going to write it off, especially since one of the characters is supposed to be a bitch.

Finally finished Danganronpa 1. Its was ok. At best it managed to attempt to scratch the itch for the new Zero Escape game I'm dying for.

Similar to Persona 4, it was blantantly obvious from the near beginning who the mastermind/killer was, but also similar to Persona 4, the reveal was great. And the last chapter was pretty good too, though fuck off with that ending.

Its a shame the majority of the game (pretty much all of the cases/court sequences) didn't even get half the same level of quality writing as the characters themselves did or that was put into the overall plot. Otherwise this could have been a pretty decent game.

All this swearing ruins the point of a VN... You want the girls to be likable.. not generic western girl in highschool or around that range. I wonder how the H-scenes are like.. i can't even imagine..

Is she the only one thats nice?
i hate you...

Why don't you buy it to find out?

I hope the Game Grumps play it

Zed, shy girls aren't great. The shyness just seems like aloofness

Yeah, I think this may be a parody.

Problem is that I don't give a fuck about what they are parodying, so I really can't give a fuck about this.

For me, Danganronpa 2 blows away Danganronpa 1, so you might like it better.

Already bought it. The biggest disappointment I had with the game was how predictable and often boring the cases/court sequences were aside from the last two chapters. It took forever for the plot to get going and it made the first 2/3 of the game feel more like 90% poorly written filler with the occassional important scene or two thrown in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom