• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman014

bjqp3hS.png
Nooooooo
it's fine
Are they doing GOT still? Or is the next episode not out?

Yeah it's not out yet. I can't wait to play episode 2.

Alright, so after getting to lv 12 in FF14, I don't know if it's something I wanna throw money at right now. I've just got so much more shit I would rather be playing. Still a good MMO, I just don't have the time, or money to just throw at it for barely playing it a month.

I tend to play MMO's during the night and other stuff during the day, but yeah if you don't have time it's best to put MMO's off until there's a dead period in gaming where nothing is coming out.

semisonic

Banned
I seriously have a problem. I bought p4g like 3 months ago when I had all the free time in the world. Yet for some reason not even best girl naoto can't motivate me to start it. It's not like I don't want to play it. It's just that everytime, I sit down to play it, watch the opening, and then go "maybe later."
Ohhhh, she wants the first volume of Prison school right?
Well there you go.

I tend to play MMO's during the night and other stuff during the day, but yeah if you don't have time it's best to put MMO's off until there's a dead period in gaming where nothing is coming out.

Yeah, that's probably what I'll do, I got too much shit coming out that I wanna play, plus with school and other things I don't have time to sit there and grind out levels all day. I'll probably sign up once things calm down in the gaming world a bit.

Like if you would of sold this crack to me about 6 or 7 months ago? I would of already got the 6 month sub with the CE and have been addicted. :p

croten

I seriously have a problem. I bought p4g like 3 months ago when I had all the free time in the world. Yet for some reason not even best girl naoto can't motivate me to start it. It's not like I don't want to play it. It's just that everytime, I sit down to play it, watch the opening, and then go "maybe later."

Well there you go.

Simple, if you don't want to play it then don't.

That's fine. I have plenty of time to play the game casually, but I don't want to, because I don't think the game is very good.

Jman014

You should watch the first series anyway. A lot better.

Korra's alright. Season 3 is brilliant, though.

A manga. Pretty good, even though it's not safe for work.

I like book 3 a lot.
I want more of the Red Lotus in future Avatar stuff

Oh, well you guys sure are lewd Sonic Heroes.

semisonic

Banned
No, you don't. Look how well it worked it during other times it has been done!

A manga that woolie shilled on last weeks or the week before's podcast.

It may or may not be the worst, depending on your views of fanservice.
I actually hate it, despite being lewdmaster x. I don't know why, but super perverted protagonists are just unbearable to me.
The writing's actually pretty good, but there's a lot of creep to get past first.

Oberon

Banned
You should watch the first series anyway. A lot better.

Korra's alright. Season 3 is brilliant, though.

A manga. Pretty good, even though it's not safe for work.

I have watched Avatar multiple times, and loved it.

Eh I'll have to turn that offer down. The tradeoff doesn't seem worth it.

Well then my love for Prison school is bigger then yours for Korra
What would it take to make you read prison school?

Zenfalcia

It may or may not be the worst, depending on your views of fanservice.
I actually hate it, despite being lewdmaster x. I don't know why, but super perverted protagonists are just unbearable to me.
The writing's actually pretty good, but there's a lot of creep to get past first.

Really? I thought it worked out in the context of the manga.
it created unique character quirks, and really helped build them to be more than horny perverted highschoolers.
i dunno, it didn't affect me as much.

semisonic

Banned
Really? I thought it worked out in the context of the manga.
it created unique character quirks, and really helped build them to be more than horny perverted highschoolers.
i dunno, it didn't affect me as much.

Oh sure, it probably did. But for me that's just too high an entry barrier to risk it.

Is Pat for realsies when he said that Parasite Eve would've been FF7?

I played and beat PE and I got the feeling more like it was FF8 character design x Vagrant Story battle system.

Yeah, that's probably what I'll do, I got too much shit coming out that I wanna play, plus with school and other things I don't have time to sit there and grind out levels all day. I'll probably sign up once things calm down in the gaming world a bit.

Like if you would of sold this crack to me about 6 or 7 months ago? I would of already got the 6 month sub with the CE and have been addicted. :p

Just take your time and sub when you get the itch. :p

mike0dude

man i hope the best friends don't have anything even more hype planned for the near future. Cause i don't think we can handle much more...

semisonic

Banned
That's not worth it.

Out of curiosity, how far did you go?

Not too far. Until just after the girl protagonist-kun escaped from prison to date started to hate him 'cause he did the creep shit. At least that's what I think happened.
It's been a while.

Is Pat for realsies when he said that Parasite Eve would've been FF7?

I played and beat PE and I got the feeling more like it was FF8 character design x Vagrant Story battle system.

FF7 was supposed to come out on SNES, but didn't come out on time and PE was the prototype for FF7, FF8 used alot of the stuff that was scrapped from the SNES FF7. Basically FF8,FF7, and PE were supposed to be all one giant game.

man i hope the best friends don't have anything even more hype planned for the near future. Cause i don't think we can handle much more...

As much as I love that this LP is a thing, I think they should have saved it for a bit. This is the definition of blowing your load too early.

FF7 was supposed to come out on SNES, but didn't come out on time and PE was the prototype for FF7, FF8 used alot of the stuff that was scrapped from the SNES FF7. Basically FF8,FF7, and PE were supposed to be all one giant game.

I also heard that the xenogears script was orginally intended to be the FF7 script

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom