• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrams

Luka the best.

I agree with this. World's End Dance Hall and Hello, Worker so good.

Wait, what are you talking about? The japanese animes have told me people can't cook. Especially the quiet people, just look at Fuuka, and Yukiko.

It's always the rough deliquenty men. Ryuji from Toradora, Aoki in Ippo, and some other guy from thing. I mostly just wanted to mention Toradora though since Toradora the best.

Uh, I don't know. I really just consider everything on the field feeding menu basic.

I guess the most complicated food that I've ever made is a cordon bleu. It came out the best way one could, with shit ingredients.

You love it.

Hell yeah, she is!
Sometimes I just completely forget you're in the military o.o

School sucks

It's not as good as REmake
Ugh I wanna play REmake so fucking bad.

Yo hope you have a good teacher and enjoy it. Foreign language is pretty fun, especially learning the basics.
It is, it's a comparable feeling to getting combos down in fighting games for whatever reason. My brain is weird. Also my teacher is hispanic so we'll see how this turns out tomorrow lol.
That's pretty cool, how long have you been using it?
I started like 2 years ago, but technically 3 days since I've only done 3 lessons because I put it off/am lazy. Which is totally my fault because it's only 30 minutes a day, and if you have trouble with something you can listen to it again. I listen to it once and mess up on stuff the day of since I just learned it, but by the next day I remember them better. It has reminders all the time too so it doesn't let you forget, it's really good about it's repetition and how it does it.

To all you people curious in learning a new language or whatever and don't know how to start, look into Pimsleur lessons. It's an audio thing that teaches how to speak before you write and it's pretty easy. I'm sure you can find something at a local language store.

You want to learn Japanese too?

I wanted to learn but electives in school places me in Spanish 4. An extra language class would've been more money.

Jman014

To all you people curious in learning a new language or whatever and don't know how to start, look into Pimsleur lessons. It's an audio thing that teaches how to speak before you write and it's pretty easy. I'm sure you can find something at a local language store.

Maybe someday when I'm not lazy I'll work on Spanish. Spanish is a thing in California.

Zenfalcia

Why should you have to choose?

True. Both could work.
Both. And with Tako Luka as our mascot, we'll be unstoppable.

Nothing can stop the cuteness.
Yep. That seems to be the trope. Another example is Shinjiro in Persona 3.

It's cute that rough manly men are able to cook well. It makes them super reliable as a housewife.

Wanna know a secret?

I sometimes forget too.
image.php

I agree with this. World's End Dance Hall and Hello, Worker so good.

It's always the rough deliquenty men. Ryuji from Toradora, Aoki in Ippo, and some other guy from thing. I mostly just wanted to mention Toradora though since Toradora the best.
I just looked that up, damn I wanna pick up F 2nd the second it's on sale. Also Toradora dabes.
It is, it's a comparable feeling to getting combos down in fighting games for whatever reason. My brain is weird. Also my teacher is hispanic so we'll see how this turns out tomorrow lol.
I've taken 2 years of Latin and 2 years of German, always wanted to try a language with a wholly different alphabet.

I care less about application of speaking and more about learning it and reading it.

You want to learn Japanese too?

I wanted to learn but electives in school places me in Spanish 4. An extra language class would've been more money.
Yeah, I guess I just got lucky. That's lame yo but it's way more useful than Japanese
Maybe someday when I'm not lazy I'll work on Spanish. Spanish is a thing in California.
Yeah it is here, especially SoCal. Good luck.
I've taken 2 years of Latin and 2 years of German, always wanted to try a language with a wholly different alphabet.
Holy shit nice. Yeah I feel like that's what's going to kill me but maybe it won't be so bad once I know some more. Fucking moonrunes guys.

Oberon

Banned
If Durarara characters can be in DeSu2:BR, there is hope.

Wanna know a secret?

I sometimes forget too.

I didn't know that

I just looked that up, damn I wanna pick up F 2nd the second it's on sale. Also Toradora dabes.

I care less about application of speaking and more about learning it and reading it.
Since I already know French, German and english, I don't think that I'll need more languages. Unless I get the opportunity to learn Japanese

Since I already know French, German and english, I don't think that I'll need more languages. Unless I get the opportunity to learn Japanese
Sehr gut!
I took two years of each but I've already forgotten so much
Holy shit nice. Yeah I feel like that's what's going to kill me but maybe it won't be so bad once I know some more. Fucking moonrunes guys.
What usually kills my interest is when you get into pronunciation or high level grammar. No fun. That's like the kinda thing you'd get into a second or third semester probably.

You must first find all the metal emblems around the campus before you can unlock the door to the main entrance, then solve the riddle in the hallway to gain access to your classroom.

But before you even leave for campus, you must first break the lamp in your bedroom to find a dog collar hidden inside. When you examine the dog collar, the belt buckle attached to it folds out into a key that you must use on your bathroom to gain access to the hidden pathway that leads underground to where your car is parked.

semisonic

Banned
Just wait til you get to kanji. Kanji is gonna be a baaaaad time. Plus, hiragana and katakana will only let you read so far, as kanji is mixed in with all their written articles longer than a sentence. On the plus side, conversational isn't too bad to learn, though their grammar is also kinda confusing. Hell, I actually picked up working conversational japanese(as in I've carried out entire conversations of a decent length in Japan without having to resort to English) just from watching too much anime and foreign movies.
Though I'm still going to be minoring in Japanese so I'll have to learn it again from scratch anyway.

I'm not sure if this is impressive or tragic...

In elementary and high school there was mandatory French classes and I was alright at it but I am on the other side of the country from the only place that speaks French so I lost all that pretty quickly. I want to pick up another language but excuses

joe2187

Banned
But before you even leave for campus, you must first break the lamp in your bedroom to find a dog collar hidden inside. When you examine the dog collar, the belt buckle attached to it folds out into a key that you must use on your bathroom to gain access to the hidden pathway that leads underground to where your car is parked.

How do I get past the two giant mutant scorpions guarding the car? every time I try to run through I keep getting hit, and Im running out of herbs to stuff down my gullet.

Skrams

It's a really great game even though there's still problems with it. I still need to play more of it because I played f way more and loved it a lot. I completed Hard of f 2nd, but kind of just stopped playing. If I played it more it would probably grow on me more. Heck, I'm getting nostalgic just thinking about some of the songs in it. It's grown on me when I'm not even playing it. Also fuck yeah Toradora dabes.

Hello, Worker also features one of the best things on the planet. Women in Suits.

image.php

How do I get past the two giant mutant scorpions guarding the car? every time I try to run through I keep getting hit, and Im running out of herbs to stuff down my gullet.

You didn't pick up the grenade launcher from underneath your bed by activating the secret switch underneath last nights leftovers in the fridge?

It's a really great game even though there's still problems with it. I still need to play more of it because I played f way more and loved it a lot. I completed Hard of f 2nd, but kind of just stopped playing. If I played it more it would probably grow on me more. Heck, I'm getting nostalgic just thinking about some of the songs in it. It's grown on me when I'm not even playing it. Also fuck yeah Toradora dabes.

Hello, Worker also features one of the best things on the planet. Women in Suits.

image.php
I just looked it up and I already like Luka way more than in her f songs.
Rin is still best

I'm sure F 2nd problems will bother me, but I'm more excited for a bunch of new (to me) songs.

Son of a bitch I think i'm gonna barf. My school's bathrooms are the fucking worst. For the first time in my life, i've seen an entire toilet encoated in human shit.

What usually kills my interest is when you get into pronunciation or high level grammar. No fun. That's like the kinda thing you'd get into a second or third semester probably.
Yeah it's just basic stuff this first semester, it'll get crazier next two semesters though. It's much easier to understand if you just hear it and pick up patterns rather than learning the rules first. That's what messes people up and Pimsleur avoids
Just wait til you get to kanji. Kanji is gonna be a baaaaad time. Plus, hiragana and katakana will only let you read so far, as kanji is mixed in with all their written articles longer than a sentence. On the plus side, conversational isn't too bad to learn, though their grammar is also kinda confusing. Hell, I actually picked up working conversational japanese(as in I've carried out entire conversations of a decent length in Japan without having to resort to English) just from watching too much anime and foreign movies.
Though I'm still going to be minoring in Japanese so I'll have to learn it again from scratch anyway.

I'm not sure if this is impressive or tragic...
Yeah that's what my friend who also took a class told me, kata/hira is okay but kanji will beat your ass. I started picking up English when I was little from Sesame Street and stuff. From what I've heard it's just backwards from how we do things and lots of filler words are cut out.

Oberon

Banned
Sehr gut!
I took two years of each but I've already forgotten so much

Könnten sie mir bitte eur Hösschen zeigen, Fräulein?

Skrams

Keep that shit classy.

Pretty much the underlying factor. That shit is real good.

I just looked it up and I already like Luka way more than in her f songs.
Rin is still best

I'm sure F 2nd problems will bother me, but I'm more excited for a bunch of new (to me) songs.

I'm not a Liam so I started at f and yeah, 40 "new" songs to play in f 2nd is real great. It's mostly just star notes being star notes that annoys me with it. f 2nd also made me go from not caring about Luka at all to her being the best.

Wait, what am I reading?

Rin is still best

The fuck? Get out of here. Melancholic, Remote Controller, and Summer Idol are good. Still though, really? Len's still better though because Fire Flower.

Son of a bitch I think i'm gonna barf. My school's bathrooms are the fucking worst. For the first time in my life, i've seen an entire toilet encoated in human shit.

It could be worse. I literally stepped in shit in my middle school bathroom once. They told me to go outside and wipe my foot on the grass. This is what I get for being a shy peeman and wanting to use the stall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom