• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubbed
latest

Zenfalcia

Super late, but whatever.

Yeah, honestly, the constant objectification of women is a bit of a troubling trend overall, but it's been one that's been going on for so long it's difficult to change. Not impossible, but far, far from easy. Waifu got the brunt of it here, despite his point, most likely because a not insignificant portion of the community that uses the word waifu is indeed frequently toxic both in related conversations and towards women overall. This is both a symptom of general confidence in internet anonymity, where it's okay to be a creep because no one would know, and a generally poorer understanding of social skills that is more common to an anime-watching audience, due to the separation of the hobby from the pressure of having to interact with real girls, with real opinions and feelings. It's kind of like maid cafes, generally used by the same audience: It's a safe place to interact with women that won't judge or reject the poor social skills and awkwardness characteristic of the (admittedly somewhat justified, though not universal) stereotype that defines anime nerds. I'd like to try and deny that, but cringe day was only like 2 days ago, and I think we all remember some of the stories we saw there.
Fucking Denko. I'm scarred now, you know.

I feel like this may be out of character coming from me, but it's a serious issue that needs to be addressed at some point before we disregard it for our next waifu war, in which there will once again be no winners, only losers. Namely, the people who like Yukiko. For she is eternally shit.

If you take away waifu the objectification is still there, it doesn't stop existing just because a word is banned.

We only do tongue in cheek waifu wars, so it's all k.

What's wrong with denko?
image.php

What isn't wrong with denko?

(´・ω・`) (´・ω・`) (´・ω・`) (´・ω・`) (´・ω・`) (´・ω・`) (´・ω・`) (´・ω・`) (´・ω・`) (´・ω・`) (´・ω・`) (´・ω・`)

Zenfalcia

It's the left arm, sorry I didn't mean to scare you.

Reminder: IANAD!

sorry I got worried.

Calm down dok! They should get rid of your Doktor's license for the scares you give everyone and to yourself! Remember when you were freaking out about ebola?
I'm joking. No hard feelings.

Calm down dok! They should get rid of your Doktor's license for the scares you give everyone and to yourself! Remember when you were freaking out about ebola?
I'm joking. No hard feelings.

I look stupid in retrospect but with the average person I'd doubt their hygiene.

Jman014

(´・ω・`) (´・ω・`) (´・ω・`) (´・ω・`) (´・ω・`) (´・ω・`) (´・ω・`) (´・ω・`) (´・ω・`) (´・ω・`) (´・ω・`) (´・ω・`)

Turrible

I want some opinions. There are currently six animes that i'm interested in watching and only have time for three. I'm already watching Fist of the North Star and Jojo, and the other four are Anohana, Monster, One Week Friends, and Black Lagoon. Which one do you think I should choose to make my third?

semisonic

Banned
Super late, but whatever.

If you take away waifu the objectification is still there, it doesn't stop existing just because a word is banned.

We only do tongue in cheek waifu wars, so it's all k.

What's wrong with denko?
image.php

Yeah, I acknowledge that his problem with waifu is totally bullshit, and I agree with you. I think that his main problem was with the prevalence of the anime community in general, represented by the presence of the word. Thanks for any response at all, btw, I was starting to feel SUPER awkward about having initiated one-post realGAF.
Besides that, you already know what's wrong with denko.
And really, I'm sad you missed my main point,
in which I shit on Yukiko for being the worst forever.
That's what's really important.

You guys know how when you're earphones start dying only one side goes first and if you twist it it'll work at the right angles? Not finding that angle is bothering me a lot

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Yeah, honestly, the constant objectification of women is a bit of a troubling trend overall, but it's been one that's been going on for so long it's difficult to change. Not impossible, but far, far from easy. Waifu got the brunt of it here, despite his point, most likely because a not insignificant portion of the community that uses the word waifu is indeed frequently toxic both in related conversations and towards women overall. This is both a symptom of general confidence in internet anonymity, where it's okay to be a creep because no one would know, and a generally poorer understanding of social skills that is more common to an anime-watching audience, due to the separation of the hobby from the pressure of having to interact with real girls, with real opinions and feelings. It's kind of like maid cafes, generally used by the same audience: It's a safe place to interact with women that won't judge or reject the poor social skills and awkwardness characteristic of the (admittedly somewhat justified, though not universal) stereotype that defines anime nerds. I'd like to try and deny that, but cringe day was only like 2 days ago, and I think we all remember some of the stories we saw there.
Fucking Denko. I'm scarred now, you know.

I feel like this may be out of character coming from me, but it's a serious issue that needs to be addressed at some point before we disregard it for our next waifu war, in which there will once again be no winners, only losers. Namely, the people who like Yukiko. For she is eternally shit.
I missed those cringe stories and I'm scared to go back and read them.

A lot of us here talk to 'real girls'. 90% of my friends are girls (cuz I'm in the theater program). The trick is to treat them like a person. Aaron tells of his escapades at whatever bar or club constantly. And Kingtako has a girlfriend.

So I have never watched Cromartie high school before. Subbed or Dubbed?
Dubbed.

Also, I am now recording Aarons winning story and will be uploading it to Youtube later.

I hate you guys soooo much...
im serious.

not really.

Xiraiya

I want some opinions. There are currently six animes that i'm interested in watching and only have time for three. I'm already watching Fist of the North Star and Jojo, and the other four are Anohana, Monster, One Week Friends, and Black Lagoon. Which one do you think I should choose to make my third?
Monster since that sounds really good, or Gintama.

\A lot of us here talk to 'real girls'. 90% of my friends are girls (cuz I'm in the theater program). The trick is to treat them like a person. Aaron tells of his escapades at whatever bar or club constantly. And Kingtako has a girlfriend.
Yet most of you still give the impression you don't really know how to interact with them all that well.
You're at least better than I expected

semisonic

Banned
I missed those cringe stories and I'm scared to go back and read them.

A lot of us here talk to 'real girls'. 90% of my friends are girls (cuz I'm in the theater program). The trick is to treat them like a person. Aaron tells of his escapades at whatever bar or club constantly. And Kingtako has a girlfriend.

Dubbed.

Also, I am now recording Aarons winning story and will be uploading it to Youtube later.

Oh, no, I wasn't accusing you guys of anything. Hell, even I talk to real girls sometimes. As people. And only as people. Which is probably why I don't see myself getting anywhere in that regard for at least the next few years. I was more bringing it up here because this is the only forum I post in. Also, don't go back. Only sadness lies that way.

Did you guys know that Yukiko's Jap VA also does the voice for Ryuuko? Fun fact, eh?
That's cool. Having a good voice actor doesn't fix a bad character, tho.
Actually kinda reminds me of the Record of Lodoss War cast. They are in fucking everything. It's nuts, especially considering how few people give a fuck about Record of Lodoss War.

croten

Out of all of those I have only seen Black Lagoon which is fantastic. So that.

Black lagoons a good choice. Dubbed of course. So's anohana and monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom