• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

croten

Black lagoons a good choice. Dubbed of course. So's anohana and monster.

giphy.gif

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I want some opinions. There are currently six animes that i'm interested in watching and only have time for three. I'm already watching Fist of the North Star and Jojo, and the other four are Anohana, Monster, One Week Friends, and Black Lagoon. Which one do you think I should choose to make my third?

Depends:

Watch Anohana if:
You are in the mood for a story of unrequited love on several levels. It's pretty sad and emotional, but a very good show. So if you want something to fill the void Clannad left, it's perfect. It's basically this except more serious and not the Simpsons.
nobody-likes-milhouse.jpg

Watch One Week Friends if:
You want a cute show about a dude who decides that he wants to be friends with a girl so bad that he becomes her friends every week because she loses her memories due to a past trauma. Good romance, and again, super cute story of friendship.

semisonic

Banned
Black lagoons a good choice. Dubbed of course. So's anohana and monster.

Dubbed is legit.
Unless you love Engrish. I LIVE for that shit. Just hook it to my veins.
Actually, the only problem is that you lose a little bit of the
admittedly somewhat pointless
intricacies of the use of various languages throughout the show.
And that it's not as good.

Zenfalcia

I want some opinions. There are currently six animes that i'm interested in watching and only have time for three. I'm already watching Fist of the North Star and Jojo, and the other four are Anohana, Monster, One Week Friends, and Black Lagoon. Which one do you think I should choose to make my third?

One of them is unlike the others, spot the difference! but all in all these are good choices. Up to you I could suggest something cutesy to balance the manliness. So, anohana or one week friends. If you don't care about your testisterone levels, pick from monster or black lagoon.
Yeah, I acknowledge that his problem with waifu is totally bullshit, and I agree with you. I think that his main problem was with the prevalence of the anime community in general, represented by the presence of the word. Thanks for any response at all, btw, I was starting to feel SUPER awkward about having initiated one-post realGAF.
Besides that, you already know what's wrong with denko.
And really, I'm sad you missed my main point,
in which I shit on Yukiko for being the worst forever.
That's what's really important.

Not just anime community, since other people know about the word waifu and might barely or not watch anime at all. That's besides the point, I guess he just doesn't like the word waifu and the meanings behind it.

But denko is a mature and beautiful woman. There's nothing wrong with her. (´・ω・`)

Maybe i shouldn't respond next time and let you suffer. muhahaha
:p

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Monster since that sounds really good, or Gintama.

Yet most of you still give the impression you don't really know how to interact with them all that well.
You're at least better than I expected
Thanks?

Dubbed is legit.

Brad Swaile did a pretty good job.

Depends:

Watch Anohana if:
You are in the mood for a story of unrequited love on several levels. It's pretty sad and emotional, but a very good show. So if you want something to fill the void Clannad left, it's perfect. It's basically this except more serious and not the Simpsons.
nobody-likes-milhouse.jpg

Watch One Week Friends if:
You want a cute show about a dude who decides that he wants to be friends with a girl so bad that he becomes her friends every week because she loses her memories due to a past trauma. Good romance, and again, super cute story of friendship.

Dubbed is legit.
I think dubbed more than makes up for that cuz rock's the only japanese dude there. It doesn't make sense that everyone elso is runnin around speaking Japanese.

semisonic

Banned
I'm enjoying the treasure tracker minigame more then the actual game. I should have bought treasure tracker

It better
I picked up treasure tracker day 1. 100% it in like 2 sittings except for postgame content. It's suuuuper good.
And mayyrio world gets way better. Like galaxy levels of good.
You gotta believe!

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I think dubbed more than makes up for that cuz rock's the only japanese dude there. It doesn't make sense that everyone elso is runnin around speaking Japanese.

Everyone in Lagoon Company is American except for Rock, I think. At least Benny and Revy are for sure, IDK about Dutch.

so was that the most telegraphed thing ever? why is it so impressive when the air craft carrier girl shoots with her eyes closed? Her arrows turn into planes flown by horrible chibi monsters. the 3D is still jarring but whatever

semisonic

Banned
Thanks?

Brad Swaile did a pretty good job.

Black Lagoon's dub has what I like to call "the Trigun Problem."
All the main characters are well cast, and generally very competent.
But the side characters, the jobbers and the extras...
Are absolutely fucking atrocious, to the point where it's just not worth the tradeoff of not having to read, which I personally don't mind anyways.
Seriously, whenever I think of the Trigun dub, I don't think of Vash, Milly, or Wolfwood. I think of that fucking farmer who gives Vash a ride in like episode 6 or so(I forget for sure) and how horrible he is.

Zenfalcia

You guys know how when you're earphones start dying only one side goes first and if you twist it it'll work at the right angles? Not finding that angle is bothering me a lot

That happens because the wires are fraying and when you twist or bend them you're reconnecting them. I have tons of headphones broken like that sitting at home. All i need is some sauter, wire clippers, and something to cover the wires and it would be fixed.
Yet most of you still give the impression you don't really know how to interact with them all that well.
You're at least better than I expected

Just because we are like this online doesn't mean we're the same in a face to face conversation. >_>

Black Lagoon's dub has what I like to call "the Trigun Problem."
All the main characters are well cast, and generally very competent.
But the side characters, the jobbers and the extras...
Are absolutely fucking atrocious, to the point where it's just not worth the tradeoff of not having to read, which I personally don't mind anyways.
Seriously, whenever I think of the Trigun dub, I don't think of Vash, Milly, or Wolfwood. I think of that fucking farmer who gives Vash a ride in like episode 6 or so(I forget for sure) and how horrible he is.
You're not throwin balalaika in the bad catagory are you?

semisonic

Banned
I never played galaxy, I was super biased against the wii. Still am.

You can get Galaxy 2 on the VC now. And Metroid Prime Trilogy because apparently your dumb ass missed it.
There is no excuse for not playing possible the best 3d platformer of all time and a legendary collection of some of the best exploration-based FPSs on the market.
Git gud.
You're not throwin balalaika in the bad catagory are you?
Nah man. She be cool. Maybe I should have said MINOR characters instead.

You can get Galaxy 2 on the VC now. And Metroid Prime Trilogy because apparently your dumb ass missed it.
There is no excuse for not playing possible the best 3d platformer of all time and a legendary collection of some of the best exploration-based FPSs on the market.
Git gud.

But I already played psychonauts

also you need the nunchuck for galaxy 2 and I don't have that

Zenfalcia

AngryCanadian, i'd love to quote you but I haven't watched the episode yet, but i'll reply back when i do. Do they introduce new ship girls or something? Maybe?

I have no idea why you guys are my friends.

even though i luv you guys.

Because we make up for your bad taste in waifus.
I have nothing against yukiko or really like any p4 girl yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom