• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

I LOVE the BRINK soundtrack. Especially when they use the erhu.

I haven't played the game and probably will never play the game. I'll give the soundtrack a try.
You could just get a copy from your local game shop.

Cute girls do cute things. Oh whoops. Spoilers.

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT!! GAWDD.
giphy.gif

I-it's not like i did that for anyone, b-baka!

semisonic

Banned
Eh I don't really look for stuff like that <.<

Nothing wrong with that. OST's are fantastic. I won't knock someone for their music tastes ever.

ConsciousDrearyIberianmidwifetoad.gif

I never thought I'd find people I wouldn't feel vaguely ashamed to tell of my musical tastes after so long. Suddenly feels.

bestGAF confirmed
Tastes are fine, I mostly stick with Anime/Video Game OST's and what I previously stated.

Gorillaz are great man.
Best Friender confirmed

All kinds of shit, though I learn more towards hip-hop, R&B and oldschool stuff.

I got TV on the Radio's new album on rotation constantly along side Arctice Monkeys new album, it's a good Alt rock combo. And Ghostface Killahs new album is great for a good old school hip-hop vibe.

220px-Tvotr_-_seeds.jpg
220px-Arctic_Monkeys_-_AM.png
220px-36_Seasons_album_cover.jpg

I couldn't get into Arctic Monkeys new album..I love their old stuff to death though.

ConsciousDrearyIberianmidwifetoad.gif

I never thought I'd find people I wouldn't feel vaguely ashamed to tell of my musical tastes after so long. Suddenly feels.

bestGAF confirmed
Nah we don't just people here about shit like this.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Yeah, yeah.
I didn't even play p4 yet, I just saw the anime and decided she was the worst.
I apologize if I offended you. You're still pretty cool, it's just that I hate everything you like on little to no basis. And that is my god-given right as an American.
attachment.php

Well, my head has been killing me for a while. Probably all the soccer ball shots to the head during gym. Turns out i'm not that bad of a goalie. All I needed to do was put my body in front of the ball as some of the players are kicking it as hard as they can. I'm going to try to find some aspirin and put in Fargo for the thousandth time, because that movie is amazing.

Never seen Fargo. Backlogs too big so probs never will.

Emouse

I couldn't get into Arctic Monkeys new album..I love their old stuff to death though.

First album is still the best tho
IMO

I'm just gonna list of more bands or whatever that I enjoy cuz fuck it why not

Death from above 1979, the misfits, the hives, Alexisonfire, beastie boys, the pillows, maximo park, NIN, VCR & white stripes

IMO

Death from above 1979, the misfits, the hives, Alexisonfire, beastie boys, the pillows, maximo park, NIN, VCR & white stripes
Oh Nine Inch Nails and Alexisonfire..One is still great and the other died because he went to frontman Gallows, who died for me once Frank left.
I dunno even know how he's gonna react to being there. The dude has never been so far away. I think the farthest he's gotten is Indiana, going to an entirely different continent must be crazy to him.
He'll be finneee.

I listen to what I like.
No way! I listen to what I like too! What a coincidence.
:p

Zenfalcia

Well, my head has been killing me for a while. Probably all the soccer ball shots to the head during gym. Turns out i'm not that bad of a goalie. All I needed to do was put my body in front of the ball as some of the players are kicking it as hard as they can. I'm going to try to find some aspirin and put in Fargo for the thousandth time, because that movie is amazing.

Get some rest and hopefully it'll be gone by tomorrow.
Tastes are fine, I mostly stick with Anime/Video Game OST's and what I previously stated.

I'm just questioning if it's taste changing? Or just find one genre more exciting currently than others currently. So many good anime and video game osts.

bestGAF confirmed

Best Friender confirmed

Inb4 FeelsGaf

Get some rest and hopefully it'll be gone by tomorrow.

I'm just questioning if it's taste changing? Or just find one genre more exciting currently than others currently. So many good anime and video game osts.

Inb4 FeelsGaf
Just whatever you listen to man, you're over thinking my question xD
Video game music and stuff from Legend of Korra. That's about it.
Oh geez o.o
Post Punk, Shoegaze, Post Rock, Hip Hop, some Industrial, "no wave", Black Metal, Drone, I guess some hardcore punk but im not super into the genre.
Uhh..what the fuck is no wave?

Well..I've found recently that my music tastes have changed once again. I've drifted back to a Hardcore/Pop Punk type theme now.

So GAF what do you normally listen to?

Post Punk, Shoegaze, Post Rock, Hip Hop, some Industrial, "no wave", Black Metal, Drone, I guess some hardcore punk but im not super into the genre.

Emouse

Oh Nine Inch Nails and Alexisonfire..One is still great and the other died because he went to frontman Gallows, who died for me once Frank left.

Treznor can do no wrong, and apparently has stopped ageing and just got more ripped over the past few years, it's a shame about Alexis tho cuz they we're great, never got to see em play unfortunately, never was in to Gallows or much other screamoish stuff for whatever reason, apart from Leathermouth, which is just insanity, I love it

By that I mean my tastes lie in specific songs and don't really remain in a specific genres or Albums, most of the time i only enjoy a few songs out of an Album for example.

I can't imagine living like that. I whenever I listen to music I gotta listen to the whole album. Even if it doesn't matter what order they are in.

Treznor can do no wrong, and apparently has stopped ageing and just got more ripped over the past few years, it's a shame about Alexis tho cuz they we're great, never got to see em play unfortunately, never was in to Gallows or much other screamoish stuff for whatever reason, apart from Leathermouth, which is just insanity, I love it

I would like to think all the drugs Reznor took when he was younger have just stopped his aging process, he'll just gain more muscle and soon just become a big beefy arm.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
IMO

Oooh boy we name droppin' now? Alright, lets fuckin' GO. Pull out ALL the stops. (excluding video game and anime composers)
Massive Attack, John Coltraine, Thelonius Monk, Weather Report and Wayne Shorter, Kanye West (Excluding Watch the Throne), Koop, Vampire Weekend, Kondor, Nujabes, Dj Ezasscul, David Becker, Stereolab, Christopher Tin, Portishead,
Esbjorn Svensson Trio, The Bad Plus (reppin' minnesota), Roy Hargrove Quintet, The Flaming Lips, Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, 808 State, All That Jazz (wonderful Ghibli Jazz covers), Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong, Herbie Hancock, MF DOOM, Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers, Northern Darling, Pharaoh Sanders, Kendrick Lamar, Dizzy Wright, Yiruma, Kobayashi, Dave Brubeck Quartet, Charles Mingus, Paul Dietrich Quintet, Nat "King" Cole, Ryuichi Sakamoto.

Pretty much everyone.

semisonic

Banned
Oooh boy we name droppin' now? Alright, lets fuckin' GO. Pull out ALL the stops. (excluding video game and anime composers)
Massive Attack, John Coltraine, Thelonius Monk, Weather Report and Wayne Shorter, Kanye West (Excluding Watch the Throne), Koop, Vampire Weekend, Kondor, Nujabes, Dj Ezasscul, David Becker, Stereolab, Christopher Tin, Portishead,
Esbjorn Svensson Trio, The Bad Plus (reppin' minnesota), Roy Hargrove Quintet, The Flaming Lips, Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, 808 State, All That Jazz (wonderful Ghibli Jazz covers), Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong, Herbie Hancock, MF DOOM, Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers, Northern Darling, Pharaoh Sanders, Kendrick Lamar, Dizzy Wright, Yiruma, Kobayashi, Dave Brubeck Quartet, Charles Mingus, Paul Dietrich Quintet, Nat "King" Cole, Ryuichi Sakamoto.

Pretty much everyone.

I am so down with the vast majority of this list right now

Pretty much everyone.

Good list!

You should listen to death grips

Zenfalcia

Like 15 dollars, JVC Marshmallows

Not bad, i like JVCs cheap earphones and i use it everyday. Fixing them is pretty easy, but only if you have the right materials... It'll be easier to buy new ones. :p
Just whatever you listen to man, you're over thinking my question xD

Gotta overthink errything. People could mean anything!
By that I mean my tastes lie in specific songs and don't really remain in a specific genres or Albums, most of the time i only enjoy a few songs out of an Album for example.

I agree with that sentiment. Not everything from an album is good, sometimes that one song is the best.

Just like a Rammstein live show
Can't forget about those strap-ons that squirt "liquid"

For those who don't know what i'm talking about.

Not bad, i like JVCs cheap earphones and i use it everyday. Fixing them is pretty easy, but only if you have the right materials... It'll be easier to buy new ones. :p

Gotta overthink errything. People could mean anything!

I agree with that sentiment. Not everything from an album is good, sometimes that one song is the best.
You really do though. That's how you survive on Tumblr.

Quick question, I might be finally getting a phone soon and i'm thinking about what to use as a ringtone. I've narrowed it down to either Rules of Nature, starting as soon as it yells rules of nature, or Ride the Fire. Which one should I use?

Emouse

Quick question, I might be finally getting a phone soon and i'm thinking about what to use as a ringtone. I've narrowed it down to either Rules of Nature, starting as soon as it yells rules of nature, or Rde the Fire. Which one should I use?

Ride the fire 4realsies

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Are we just posting best albums now?
1381523871_tumblr_m7e1ulr6QJ1qjpnsm.jpg

10/10 description

That Death Grips?

I hate them and Animal Collective. This kid I used to hang out with forced me to listen to them in his car and I just don't like that genre of music. Too aggressive and angry.

I'm not saying it's not poison.
It's poison.

Also, holy shit mathaou I just looked up all that jazz on itunes and this is the fucking greatest thank you

The best thing Kotaku ever did for me.

joe2187

Banned
Also Imma shill some of my favorite semi-indie hip-hop faves.

Motherfucking Curren$y first two albums are some the best debut albums I've heard since Illmatic.

Curren$y uses smooth sexy ass beats created mostly by Ski-beatz and combines it with his marijuana laced southern fried laid back gangster lyrics.

220px-Pilottalk.jpg
220px-PtIIcover.jpg

Also, just listen to this song. It's so smooth and sexy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7oWSgYz388

Also, check out Ski-Beatz albums if you like that. 24 Hour Karate school is basically an all indie collab using beats produced by Ski.

220px-24hrkarateschool.jpg

And MOS DEFinitely listen to this song at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig4FcdCvQ08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom