• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to the end of the fifth level in HOTD2 in 2 player. This was on 8 credits, and both sides ate it during the Magician fight.

I always find myself in spots though where it's easier for me to focus on using one gun to aim, and other times where I almost confuse which cursor on screen is coming from which controller. Best I can do is keep practicing and remembering enemy positions during the game, and then style on that HOTD 2 cabinet at the gameworks for real.

Oh well. Back to After Burner!

Zenfalcia

You really do though. That's how you survive on Tumblr.

I survived on tumblr by following as few people as possible, that i didn't know and read stuff i liked. Tumblr is cray, fun, and really... Dumb at times..
Pretty much, I already have a replacement pair I got a few months ago. I'll open them later

It might be cheaper if you get insurance if you know if you break them a lot.. i do.. and it's cheaper. :D

I survived on tumblr by following as few people as possible, that i didn't know and read stuff i liked. Tumblr is cray, fun, and really... Dumb at times..

It might be cheaper if you get insurance if you know if you break them a lot.. i do.. and it's cheaper. :D

Tumblr is the devil. Can be amazing, but evil at the same time.

Xiraiya

Every genre of music has been incredibly appealing to me at one point or another depending on certain songs, I like my music like I like my games, everything about songs I like are to do with that specific song/game and not the genre it is apart of or anything like that.

Emouse

Speaking of Jazz has anyone watched Kids on the Slope? I rewatched it recently and it's still good, though somewhat depressing at parts but hey, it's only 12 episodes it's worth a watch

Xiraiya

Speaking of Jazz has anyone watched Kids on the Slope? I rewatched it recently and it's still good, though somewhat depressing at parts but hey, it's only 12 episodes it's worth a watch
It's a great little series, I don't generally care for Jazz but I found it intriguing to watch.

semisonic

Banned

Watanabe sure was a cool guy.
Speaking of that, anybody seen season 2 episode 8 of space dandy?
It's super good you guys.

Buying the deluxe version with creepy fake Polaroids of her with song lyrics written on them is total proof that I can't shake her

Also why aren't you fuckers listening to mystery skulls?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlEb3L1PIco

Idk what this is, but I reallllyyy like it.

That explains everything!! Kids love the devil and beelzebub! That's why they love tumblr! I bet they love their fall down boys and their mild distress at the discos
FTFY

Its kinda a dumb distinction, which Is why I italicized it. Its a subgenre of punk inspired by experimental, noise, and avant garde from the late 70s.
Ohhh alright thanks for clearing that up.

My area of Texas has quite the wide variety of bands, and I'm super thankful for that. This guy is from Dallas if I remember correctly
Must be nice to have good local music <.<
Holy shit that video took a really depressing turn.

Emouse

Ugh there was this dude I knew who would not shut the fuck up about the aquabats and it made me never wanna listen to them.

That sucks, people ruining things before you've even tried it suuuucks

It's a great little series, I don't generally care for Jazz but I found it intriguing to watch.

Yeah it's way better than I remembered, probably one of the best slice of life/coming of age shows I've seen

Watanabe sure was a cool guy.
Speaking of that, anybody seen season 2 episode 8 of space dandy?
It's super good you guys.

He sure was, I've yet to see Dandy season 2

That explains everything!! Kids love the devil and beelzebub! That's why they love tumblr! I bet they love their Beesy boys and their jon ban jovies.

They love it

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Tumblr is the devil. Can be amazing, but evil at the same time.

Theres a certain group of people at my school who I refer to as "the tumblr girls" because they watch only the anime tumblr tells them to watch. So they've only seen Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist, and Black Butler. Then they have the audacity to call themselves anime fans.

Theres this girl I used to like, and we still hang out sometimes, but I literally cannot lose all rational thinking when I'm near her. Shes cool, she's very attractive, is very touchy and rubs up against me when we watch stuff on the couch.
She has a boyfriend.
I showed her Totoro and she is.. IDK if stupid is the right word. She would ask questions about characters, and then she would say, "What's that big bear thing" during the final scene when they are looking for Mei. Since My Neighbor Totoro is my favorite movie of all time, I was slightly upset. Were you even watching? Then she asked for stuff she could watch on a car ride, and I gladly gave her Wolfs Rain and Kare Kano. She has yet to give them back, and she said she couldn't understand Wolf's Rain because she didn't know why the wolves could disguise themselves as people and there were too many characters. I know she's the worst, but I always try and hit on her even though she has a boyfriend. All her boyfriend and her do is fuck and smoke weed. And since I don't smoke weed, don't listen to shitty emo music (a la Pierce The Veil and Lincoln Park), and refuse to try weed, she has ruled me out as a romantic option. Pretty sure I'm over her, but still, whenever I'm with her I just lose reason. It's super annoying.

Well..I've found recently that my music tastes have changed once again. I've drifted back to a Hardcore/Pop Punk type theme now.

So GAF what do you normally listen to?

Erry'thang gurl. Seriously, a bit of everything. I could write up a mile long list of bands I generally like, a longer one of albums, and I can't begin to list all the songs.
Dragon install that shiiiiiiit

BORN TO AN ERRANT LIGHT
GUNS AND STEEL IT'S WHAT I AMMMMM

semisonic

Banned
He sure was, I've yet to see Dandy season 2
Even if you don't see the rest, which is generally pretty good but kinda hit or miss, episode 8 kicks ass.
It's like Alice in Wonderland but about death. Also, i'd recommend in subs, as there's kinda a chorus-y part that doesn't work so well in English. Great either way tho.

Theres a certain group of people at my school who I refer to as "the tumblr girls" because they watch only the anime tumblr tells them to watch. So they've only seen Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist, and Black Butler. Then they have the audacity to call themselves anime fans.

Theres this girl I used to like, and we still hang out sometimes, but I literally cannot lose all rational thinking when I'm near her. Shes cool, she's very attractive, is very touchy and rubs up against me when we watch stuff on the couch.
She has a boyfriend.
I showed her Totoro and she is.. IDK if stupid is the right word. She would ask questions about characters, and then she would say, "What's that big bear thing" during the final scene when they are looking for Mei. Since My Neighbor Totoro is my favorite movie of all time, I was slightly upset. Were you even watching? Then she asked for stuff she could watch on a car ride, and I gladly gave her Wolfs Rain and Kare Kano. She has yet to give them back, and she said she couldn't understand Wolf's Rain because she didn't know why the wolves could disguise themselves as people and there were too many characters. I know she's the worst, but I always try and hit on her even though she has a boyfriend. All her boyfriend and her do is fuck and smoke weed. And since I don't smoke weed, don't listen to shitty emo music (a la Pierce The Veil and Lincoln Park), and refuse to try weed, she has ruled me out as a romantic option. Pretty sure I'm over her, but still, whenever I'm with her I just lose reason. It's super annoying.

Wasn't it you I gave relationship advice to like..a week ago when your gf was sick? <.<

Btw she sounds like a winner and a typical tumblr girl.

Also Imma shill some of my favorite semi-indie hip-hop faves.

Motherfucking Curren$y first two albums are some the best debut albums I've heard since Illmatic.

Curren$y uses smooth sexy ass beats created mostly by Ski-beatz and combines it with his marijuana laced southern fried laid back gangster lyrics.

220px-Pilottalk.jpg
220px-PtIIcover.jpg

Also, just listen to this song. It's so smooth and sexy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7oWSgYz388

Also, check out Ski-Beatz albums if you like that. 24 Hour Karate school is basically an all indie collab using beats produced by Ski.

220px-24hrkarateschool.jpg

And MOS DEFinitely listen to this song at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig4FcdCvQ08
Not bad at all. Ever hear of the blue scholars? You might like some of their stuff too.

Erry'thang gurl. Seriously, a bit of everything. I could write up a mile long list of bands I generally like, a longer one of albums, and I can't begin to list all the songs.

BORN TO AN ERRANT LIGHT
GUNS AND STEEL IT'S WHAT I AMMMMM
So you like your Reel Big Fish?

Urizen is probably one of the more popular groups and they actually come from where I live to go to college :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK7gAQWKmHo
They put on an awesome show including giant robots fighting, and monsters getting their eyes ripped out
the animation in that video was fucking awesome, the head bobbing with the beat was great.

Emouse

Even if you don't see the rest, which is generally pretty good but kinda hit or miss, episode 8 kicks ass.
It's like Alice in Wonderland but about death. Also, i'd recommend in subs, as there's kinda a chorus-y part that doesn't work so well in English. Great either way tho.

I'll get round to it at some point, but that sounds awesome, I loved S1 but I'm going to rewatch that subbed too soon

I won't deny that. RBF does a lot of good covers tho. Plus dat iconic music video.
Shh.. you're ruining the reference.

Yeah they do! I love that video and other plagoo's videos..

All of space dandy is super good. Especially depressed dandy.
But I made it more relevant ;-;

There's another one from his first EP based on Ace Attorney animations
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhjk5x54bsE
Oh geez this man is my kind of musician.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Wasn't it you I gave relationship advice to like..a week ago when your gf was sick? <.<

Btw she sounds like a winner and a typical tumblr girl.

Nah, that wasn't my gf, just my good friend.

But being with her infuriates me! We like none of the same things! She's a stoner! She isn't artistic and doesn't know anything about literature and writing devices! She can't appreciate complex media! She is super clingy! She likes bad music!

Why does part of me still like her?

semisonic

Banned

She has a boyfriend.
Dude, that kinda sucks. But, and I'm sure you don't need me of all people to tell you this, personality matters more than attractiveness or flirtatiousness. You know that only bad things were going to happen if you ever went down that road.
Suikoden III and IV music composer doing jazz remixes of Castlevania?
FUCK
FUCK I WAS NOT READY
also lemme take a moment to shill the OSTs of Suikoden III and IV again. I love that shit.
And post the OP of IV again. Because it's probably my favorite of all time

Thanks. I might as well shill some moe jazz.

And some honourable mention to Platina anime jazz.

Can we just be jazzgaf now?

EDIT: Better Quality link

But being with her infuriates me! We like none of the same things! She's a stoner! She isn't artistic and doesn't know anything about literature and writing devices! She can't appreciate complex media! She is super clingy! She likes bad music!

Is she super cute? That might be a reason, that and just being used to being together

I won't deny that. RBF does a lot of good covers tho. Plus dat iconic music video.
The best covers are Weird Al polkas.
You wish you were an 80s babby.

You'd probably look like a member of Wham!
If I was alive in the 80s or 90s I'd be an even bigger fan of the music.
The Literal Version is amazing. Everyone watch it.

Your thirst is clouding your judgment here.

There's probably a big part of you that wants her to be like you an her hesitation to change irks you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom