• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's kinda dissapointing, I never finished it myself but it wasn't bad, almost like a not as good Muramasa
That's a good description of it actually
At least the combat was pretty good.
I need to finish it sooner or later.

That sounds disappointing tho...
Yeah, I mean I still had fun with it and I'm glad I got it. I can tell you what happened if you want it's not really a spoiler

I couldn't stop laughing when I got to America and Venezuela.
Lithuania was basically naked.
And I think it goes to Japan, Chile, or Great Britain for looking the least like they're peacock-human hybrids.
Or maybe I just like high boots...
Honestly, the outfits were usually so distracting I almost forgot the girls were supposed to be beautiful

A lot of those women have a lot of life

I did that once, but with NIN, Lamb of God, and Whitechapel <.<
"Hard" stuff is one of the area where I slack because some of it REALLY doesn't appeal to me. I've been easing my way into it, but you'd probably make fun of how little I know, though.

I actually really like the second Death Note OP.

Want some obscure stuff, dive into 70s, 60s, 50s, 40s catalogues.

A lot of today's top beat makers sample plentiful from the oldies.
New Vegas' soundtrack sent me on a 50s/60s music adventure. That's damn good shit.

70s funky/discoy stuff is also pretty good.

I need to get farther in there though.

Edit: Oh Rolling Stones are great

semisonic

Banned
A lot of those women have a lot of life

This is certainly true.
But the outfits were just so goddamn off-putting...
Japan just kinda looked like sexy cosplay, so that's okay with me.
Also, Portugal really looked like she didn't want to be there, which I find hilarious
And Ireland looks like a rejected monster hunter armor set

that is what I am saying. The score board on her back says 20 - 14, which is stupid because this is miss universe 2015 and the score is ridiculous
That's really dumb..I love hockey the only time a score like that will ever happen is in a vidya game.

"Hard" stuff is one of the area where I slack because some of it REALLY doesn't appeal to me. I've been easing my way into it, but you'd probably make fun of how little I know, though.

Maximum The Hormone is fantastic.

Try Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, another Japanese band, did the OP for Gokukoku No Brynhildr and Parasyte The Maxim and a ED for HXH
I won't ever knock someone for not knowing about music, I've been listening to it ever since I was little lol.

croten

New Vegas' soundtrack sent me on a 50s/60s music adventure. That's damn good shit.

70s funky/discoy stuff is also pretty good.

I need to get farther in there though.

Edit: Oh Rolling Stones are great

That's something I prefer in 3. I would listen to Three Dog all the time.

you can never please people when it comes to hard rock/metal. No matter what you do someone is always more "metal" than you and you listen to ______ band which makes you a derogatory term. Just listen to what you like

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Then you really shouldn't be interested in her besides as friends. Find someone else to snuggle up on the couch with, and Hang out with her when there's stuff you have in common.

No. Don't change someone that doesn't ask for or want it.

I've been down that road. It's manipulative shit.
Also, she was the first girl I ever seriously crushed on.

Is she so insufferable to be around that you can't hang out with her? If she isn't that bad you could always change her.

tumblr_liqgn7iKwx1qhwyqbo1_500.gif

No, when I'm with her it's fun, but mostly because of how she naturally is (touchiness and all that). I refuse to change anyone. She's not hurting herself or others, so that would be a dick move.

semisonic

Banned
I think everyone who designed the costumes just assumed that 'miss universe' meant that they were to be judged most attractive from space.
Hence the unwieldy bullshit.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Also, about to get drunk as shit and play Twilight Princess with my brother tonight. Gonna be a good time.
Heres hoping my parents don't come down stairs at like 2am.

you can never please people when it comes to hard rock/metal. No matter what you do someone is always more "metal" than you and you listen to ______ band which makes you a derogatory term. Just listen to what you like
Heh, I've sorta noticed that. Sounds like a plan.
That's something I prefer in 3. I would listen to Three Dog all the time.
I need to go back to Fallout 3, it's been like 7 years or whatever since I played it.

Also, she was the first girl I ever seriously crushed on.

No, when I'm with her it's fun, but mostly because of how she naturally is (touchiness and all that). I refuse to change anyone. She's not hurting herself or others, so that would be a dick move.
Fuck it then dude, if she's fun to be around then go for it. If you naturally like being around her then odds are you'll both probably start to like things that the others do.

Oh shit, do they do the first HxH ED? I watched the first 15 episodes or something and really like that ED.

I believe so.
Oh god how did I not know about those guys, the only japanese heavier stuff I got is Dir En Grey, ONE OK ROCK & Abingdon Boys School
Howling is still one of my all time favorite OP's DTB is amazing

Ilvocare

Back from work. What's happening other than South Korea is like the Gilgamesh of contestants?

(Also I think all my avatar options are too Ridley-sized to become avatars. When you guys mentioned "automatic resizing" I guess you meant UP to maximum, huh...)

croten

Heh, I've sorta noticed that. Sounds like a plan.

I need to go back to Fallout 3, it's been like 7 years or whatever since I played it.

I like them both, NV much more than 3 though. Still, 3 is an excellent game in it's own right and is really moody and atmospheric.

I have quick question to ask. To anyone who played Walking Dead S1,
Did anyone here save Doug over Carley? I was talking to some people who recently played it and not single one other than me saved him. I'm just curious what the spread is.

Did anyone here save Doug over Carley? I was talking to some people who recently played it and not single one other than me saved him. I'm just curious what the spread is.

I saved him because I was curious as to what the difference would be after watching someone else play it with her. it's not much

Well..I've found recently that my music tastes have changed once again. I've drifted back to a Hardcore/Pop Punk type theme now.

So GAF what do you normally listen to?
Sorry for the old quote but what range of hardcore? More Bree Bree like Suicide Silence or more groovy hardcore like Donnybrook or Comeback Kid?

I have pretty much listened to the same music since 2006. I rarely get new albums. It's a range of hardcore, metal, emo/screamo and pop punk. I also appreciate older metal but dont gravitate to search for it anymore.

Xiraiya

I just liked Carley more and thought she was overall more reliable and cooler, she most definitely was.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Back from work. What's happening other than South Korea is like the Gilgamesh of contestants?

(Also I think all my avatar options are too Ridley-sized to become avatars. When you guys mentioned "automatic resizing" I guess you meant UP to maximum, huh...)
Fuck that, just keep it 100X120 px. Looks better.

Fuck Doug. Carley is a woman and therefore more important.
I also just really liked Carley.

Hmm they really seem to want to stick to the auto tune. Whatever helps you stand out I guess. I do like the OP for Parasyte though
I normally don't like auto tone, but it works for them..for some reason.
Sorry for the old quote but what range of hardcore? More Bree Bree like Suicide Silence or more groovy hardcore like Donnybrook or Comeback Kid?

I have pretty much listened to the same music since 2006. I rarely get new albums. It's a range of hardcore, metal, emo/screamo and pop punk. I also appreciate older metal but dont gravitate to search for it anymore.
Bree Bree, SS,Parkway Drive,Whitechapel,In Hearts Wake etc.

Post your images on here, we'll fix them, the only reason it wouldn't resize is if it's over the max file size.

Dude, recently I watched this historical documentary for school, and the narrator was totally Three Dog. I swear.

I like the differences between after saving Doug or Carley. How Doug has that dumb cool machine in the motor inn. Carley is overall better, but I still like Doug.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Post your images on here, we'll fix them, the only reason it wouldn't resize is if it's over the max file size.

Oberon is usually the go-to, but I think me, Mrgoodwil and a few others can do simple stuff like that too. All you really need is the software, basic know how, and patience.

Dude, recently I watched this historical documentary for school, and the narrator was totally Three Dog. I swear.

It better have been about DC.

Quote from wikipedia: "He provided the voice of the character Koh the Face Stealer in the animated Nickelodeon series Avatar: The Last Airbender, as well as the narration for Key Constitutional Concepts, a documentary produced in 2006 by the Annenberg Foundation."

Blegh, I shaved last night in a fit of itch and now I'm baby smooth. I've never regretted anything more, my eyes are dead tired and I look like complete shit.

So what'd I miss today?

If you liked this scene you'll probably like the voice acting maybe. At least I did.

But then I do like all dubs bad or good. It has it's charm tho. Even tho the game came out about a year after IS, they put a lot of work into it.

That's about what's expected from a PS1 game, I can deal with that. Dust's VA work was 50/50. Also Takahata was a soldier in it apparently
Blegh, I shaved last night in a fit of itch and now I'm baby smooth. I've never regretted anything more, my eyes are dead tired and I look like complete shit.

So what'd I miss today?

Someone wants to ban waifus because no fun allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom