• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how you're arguing this when it's confirmed that basically all the Persona girls can't cook for shit (save Naoto who gives no fucks so she disqualifies herself anyways). Yukiko is the only one who has a CHANCE of getting good. That's better than zero.

Also gotta love the shit talking about the characters and not actually having the full picture. Feels good.
Yes! I love you junior!

Zenfalcia

Oregon's Salem is nothing. Seriously, there's like, nothing there. I went there with some people on a Saturday night and there were no bars anywhere. It's the most boring place in the world.

We'll force some bourbon down your throat and you'll party and you will like it! Then we'll yell at each other about mecha designs for four hours! Like MEN!

Oregon's Albany, AKA where I live, is the worst place in the world. We have shitty cowboy bars, old people, meth heads, homeless people, methed out homeless people, white rappers and truly awful people to be around.

Are all Albany's cursed with being the worst?

'MURICA! WHAT AN AMAZING COUNTRY.

8FnDCb4.gif

semisonic

Banned
Hmmmmm
HMMMMM
HHMMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHM
Are we witnessing the birth of a new scientific principle?

Albanium, the rarest radioactive isotope. It has a half life of 45 seconds, making it the fastest decaying isotope. It has a high tendency to affect its environment, making both the buildings and the people old, saggy, and unstable.

As such, as a warning, it is customary to name a place full of Albanium Albany.

I love how you're arguing this when it's confirmed that basically all the Persona girls can't cook for shit (save Naoto who gives no fucks so she disqualifies herself anyways). Yukiko is the only one who has a CHANCE of getting good. That's better than zero.

Also gotta love the shit talking about the characters and not actually having the full picture. Feels good.

A passive aggressive Yukikoist?
Yare yare daze...

Albanium, the rarest radioactive isotope. It has a half life of 45 seconds, making it the fastest decaying isotope. It has a high tendency to affect its environment, making both the buildings and the people old, saggy, and unstable.

As such, as a warning, it is customary to name a place full of Albanium Albany.

Holy shit

Zenfalcia

It's fine. I have no particular waifu, i like yukari as a decent girl and character, no p4 girl yet since i haven't finished. It's not serious anyways. I hope not...

Yep, it's fun.
I am rewatching it, that's what brought this up

ah, i thought you were watching the movies?

semisonic

Banned
Gurren Lagann's designs are awesome but NGE's unique organic twist makes them more interesting!

Literal trash tho
Like a bargain-bin knockoff

I think Gundam designs are too bulky and blocky to ever be truly appealing, with the exception only being reached recently with the likes of Gundam Unicorn, which in itself still has some weaker designs!

It's fine. I have no particular waifu, i like yukari as a decent girl and character, no p4 girl yet since i haven't finished. It's not serious anyways. I hope not...

Yep, it's fun.

ah, i thought you were watching the movies?

wait now I'm confused, I said I didn't remember how bad the CG in the first movie was, not in the anime. I probably should have put more detail into that post.

oh god I'm becoming "Poor Reading/Writing Comprehension Canadian"

I think Gundam designs are too bulky and blocky to ever be truly appealing, with the exception only being reached recently with the likes of Gundam Unicorn, which in itself still has some weaker designs!
The only mecha I like are the sorta realistic Armored Core mechs, or the robot, but not really Evangelions.

Man I might've fucked up when getting these new earphones. They're a newer model of the ones I always get but they have a lower high range. I didn't know this until I got them a few months ago but I didn't think it'd be too bad. I plug them in and there's a constant noise even when nothing's playing. They also feel too bass-y because they have a really low low range combined with the fact that they have a lower high range, it doesn't sound right. Eh, whatever. I guess I'll get used to it. I'll have to replace them later this year probably anyways.

See, Mazinkaiser is hype. Mazinger is boring garbage.
You haven't even watched Shin Mazinger Shougeki Z-Hen, shut your goddamn mouth!

The only mecha I like are the sorta realistic Armored Core mechs, or the robot, but not really Evangelions.
Now, if you wanna talk about someone who understands the concepts of real robot designs, Shoji Kawamori is the fucking man. I defy anyone who says otherwise.

Man I might've fucked up when getting these new earphones. They're a newer model of the ones I always get but they have a lower high range. I didn't know this until I got them a few months ago but I didn't think it'd be too bad. I plug them in and there's a constant noise even when nothing's playing. They also feel too bass-y because they have a really low low range combined with the fact that they have a lower high range, it doesn't sound right. Eh, whatever. I guess I'll get used to it. I'll have to replace them later this year probably anyways.

Cheap earphones are weird shit. I don't blame you for being weirded out, I would be.

I'm just waiting on getting my fancy headphones RMA'd...

Any second now...

Zenfalcia

wait now I'm confused, I said I didn't remember how bad the CG in the first movie was, not in the anime. I probably should have put more detail into that post.

oh god I'm becoming "Poor Reading/Writing Comprehension Canadian"

So, let's make things clear. Are you watching the movies or the TV version? I was saying the movie is better than the TV even with all the CG.

Cheap earphones are weird shit. I don't blame you for being weirded out, I would be.

I'm just waiting on getting my fancy headphones RMA'd...

Any second now...
It's basically like listening to something when you're half asleep through pillows or something. Good luck, wait sucks. I can be a patient person but I don't like being one
Thems be shit compared the how rad Omnimon is.
Hella pimp.
Man when's Digimon x SMT

semisonic

Banned
YOUR THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS ON THIS MATTER ARE ONES THAT I CANNOT BRING MYSELF TO AGREE WITH OR EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE!

I SEE! PERHAPS IT IS TIME THAT I SEE THE ERROR OF MY WAYS, AS SOME, IF NOT ALL, OF THE DESIGNS POSTED HERE ON THIS PAGE HAVE BEEN RELATIVELY INTERESTING, IF FAIRLY STANDARD. HOWEVER, I SUPPOSE THAT IT HAS BECOME THE STANDARD RATHER THAN THE OTHER WAY AROUND DUE TO HAVING SEVERAL HALLMARKS OF GOOD DESIGN!
I SEE! I SHOULD BE INTERESTED TO GIVE THE SERIES ANOTHER SHOT! MIGHT YOU SUGGEST A GOOD ENTRY POINT THAT IS NOT UNICORN, THE ONLY GUNDAM I HAVE EVER FINISHED, LARGELY DUE TO MY INTEREST IN THE TROPE OF MAIN CHARACTERS WHO WERE FORMER OR CURRENT CHILD SOLDIERS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom