• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

MncPsycho

Neo Member
So I'm just throwing this out there because new page and I still need date.

If anyone is willing to either respond or PM me with a name (or username, I can work with either) and the amount of hours a week, on average, you play video games that'd be great. Thanks again guys.
And, as always, fuck statistics

mike0dude

Too late I already ruined it

eOD1ZeK.gif

360pages

I think it's perfect for GoT

I think it doesn't work well with GoT is that there is probably a hell of a lot more interesting things you can do with the world (Even if I'm not a fan of it) Than having people sitting there talking to one another.

It works with the Walking dead, because Zombies have been done to death and no one really focused on the character of that situation.

The Wolf Among us works, simply because of the setting of mystery and call back to old adventure games.

Right at the opening scene in GoT I was thinking about all the interesting things I could have been doing in this world, instead I'm talking to people. It doesn't help that Telltale games don't actually have much real choices.

I think their style works for the walking dead and The Wolf Among us...Game of Thrones? Not so much.
I'm just not watching because of how important spoilers are for A Song of Fire and Ice as a series. I've only read the first book. So from my baseless knowledge, I think there's a lot of potential.

Edit: I don't disagree that you can do better with GoT's world, but it doesn't mean it's bad.
Good luck with your butt! Seriously though, I hope the thread gets a community going.

That's a pretty hype OT, but I think you should put more details in the character bios. It seems a bit lacking.

Yeah, I was thinking about going in and adding more. Thanks for the note.

I would check that anime, if the character design wasn't so girly-like, no offense, but I mean really, the first time I saw the protagonist I was like:

"baby blue hair? baby blue eyes?? get the f*** out."

Their in series representations are way more masculine, though they are still very pretty. I do recommend the series, though, it's a fun watch.

croten

I think it doesn't work well with GoT is that there is probably a hell of a lot more interesting things you can do with the world (Even if I'm not a fan of it) Than having people sitting there talking to one another.

It works with the Walking dead, because Zombies have been done to death and no one really focused on the character of that situation.

The Wolf Among us works, simply because of the setting of mystery and call back to old adventure games.

Right at the opening scene in GoT I was thinking about all the interesting things I could have been doing in this world, instead I'm talking to people. It doesn't help that Telltale games don't actually have much real choices.

What are you talking about? The appeal of GoT is the whole interactions with characters. Tyrion isn't a cool guy because of his physical prowess, no he's super popular because of his interactions with all of the other characters.
If that's not your thing that's fine but GoT was never about action or anything like that.
I'm just not watching because of how important spoilers are for A Song of Fire and Ice as a series. I've only read the first book. So from my baseless knowledge, I think there's a lot of potential.
Good luck with your butt! Seriously though, I hope the thread gets a community going.

Good because there are spoilers within the first five minutes for you.

360pages

What are you talking about? The appeal of GoT is the whole interactions with characters. Tyrion isn't a cool guy because of his physical prowess, no he's super popular because of his interactions with all of the other characters.
If that's not your thing that's fine but GoT was never about action or anything like that.

The problem that doesn't make a very interesting game to a more casual approcher. I can easily get into the Walking Dead and Wolf Among us Story simply because it's a bit more relatable, one of which probably having a very unique setting, (The Wolf Among Us)

Bonus for both of those games having hooks where you want to see what happens next. The GoT game, just kind of starts we know the setting sure and the characters. But what about people new coming in?

I didn't need to read the comic for Wolf Among Us or Watch the walking dead series to care. I legit feel that if you have no knowledge of the series it could easily be a hard LP to get into.

Jman014

Man I could go for a Legend of Korra Telltale game.

Telltale ideas for all! Except Jack since he doesn't like Telltale games.

croten

The problem that doesn't make a very interesting game to a more casual approcher. I can easily get into the Walking Dead and Wolf Among us Story simply because it's a bit more relatable, one of which probably having a very unique setting, (The Wolf Among Us)

Bonus for both of those games having hooks where you want to see what happens next. The GoT game, just kind of starts we know the setting sure and the characters. But what about people new coming in?

I didn't need to read the comic for Wolf Among Us or Watch the walking dead series to care. I legit feel that if you have no knowledge of the series it could easily be a hard LP to get into.

Sure but I'm pretty sure every TellTale game was made for fans of the source material.

I realized I don't like Telltale games either. Walking Dead 1 was really fun, but everything since has been worse/more of the same and I hate the art style of all of their games.

croten

I don't think that would work too well, a lot of the appeal of Korra is it's artstyle and animation, especially during fights. Not sure if the transition to 3D would work well.

360pages

Sure but I'm pretty sure every TellTale game was made for fans of the source material.

Sure, but you can make something for the fans, and still attract new people. The GoT game does a very poor job of that compared to the other TellTale games.

Jman014

I realized I don't like Telltale games either. Walking Dead 1 was really fun, but everything since has been worse/more of the same and I hate the art style of all of their games.
You make the protagonists sad, but they understand.

I don't think that would work too well, a lot of the appeal of Korra is it's artstyle and animation, especially during fights. Not sure if the transition to 3D would work well.

Yeah I guess a Korra game would lose that, but we'd still have the voice actors and music. AND you'd be able to interact with the characters and explore the world a little bit. I'd still buy it, but yeah I can see that not a lot of other people would want it. Oh well.

To 360's credit I hate everything about the Walking Dead universe but love the first game. Didn't know anything about fables either, and that's pretty cool.

GoT is a different beast though, especially given the whole spoilers thing. It's just not meant to appeal to non-fans like the other games have.

croten

To 360's credit I hate everything about the Walking Dead universe but love the first game. Didn't know anything about fables either, and that's pretty cool.

GoT is a different beast though, especially given the whole spoilers thing. It's just not meant to appeal to non-fans like the other games have.

Yeah I'd agree with TWD, I had no interest in the universe wither but I only cared about the game because everyone was sucking it's dick and I've been hearing good things about GoT as well.

sjay1994

I liked Walking Dead season 1.

I absolutely loathe Season 2.

Wolf Among Us started strong, then kinda lost itself due to how long episodes took to come out, and that doesn't help a "who dun it story"

GoT I have no interest in

Borderlands is actually pretty good

Minecraft....

bradley-cooper-look-up1.gif

really

All in all, TT has been hit and miss for me.

I really liked The Wolf Among Us and it got me into Fables but I have disliked every other thing I have played from them and I dislike the company themselves. Their games run very poorly on a buggy engine and their stand alone launcher is awful. I made the mistake of buying TWAU directly from them and had nothing but licensing issues and buggy and late episode releases compared to steam

Jman014

Wolf Among Us started strong, then kinda lost itself due to how long episodes took to come out, and that doesn't help a "who dun it story"

Minecraft....

really

Different strokes, I guess. I mean I was pushing Revengeance in guild chat this morning and one of my guildies said he watched someone play it and said it looked boring to him.

I guess I scared off Misses Bull with the Li Li posting.

No, im feeding

Minecraft....

really

Well, I like heavy rain, top that shit

sjay1994

Different strokes, I guess. I mean I was pushing Revengeance in guild chat this morning and one of my guildies said he watched someone play it and said it looked boring to him.

True.

Was talking with some of my friends over party chat, one of them just finished rising and complained the story was dumb, the game was too short, and that the game gets boring....

It was also his first Metal Gear game.....

We aren't friends anymore

Yep, I don't find them to be particularly special. TWD S1 was great. Not that superbly written, but still very enjoyable. They're a decent team, that's about it. Decent writers, poor artists, below average programmers.

I wish they'd fix their games.
TWD S1 writers aren't even there anymore, so really TWAU is all I have to judge them on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom