• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really liked The Wolf Among Us and it got me into Fables but I have disliked every other thing I have played from them and I dislike the company themselves. Their games run very poorly on a buggy engine and their stand alone launcher is awful. I made the mistake of buying TWAU directly from them and had nothing but licensing issues and buggy and late episode releases compared to steam

Until they fix their engine, and actually release something that isn't completely busted tech wise, I won't pay them any mind.

Jman014

I don't think that would work too well, a lot of the appeal of Korra is it's artstyle and animation, especially during fights. Not sure if the transition to 3D would work well.
Dude for me the tradeoff would be so worth it for those two points that I made earlier. Man I really want more Korra. Badly.
So how many of you mother fuckers still have your christmas tree out?

I haven't had a Christmas tree in years but I know my mom once kept a tree in her house throughout the year.

sjay1994

My room mates burnt bacon, and we can't open the windows because its snowing.

The house now smells like someone took a flamethrower to a barn.

Okay so I'm a little late posting this

SILENT HILL 2
SILENT HILL 2
SILENT HILL 2
SILENT HILL 2
SILENT HILL 2
SILENT HILL 2
SILENT HILL 2
SILENT HILL 2
SILENT HILL 2
SILENT HILL 2
SILENT HILL 2
SILENT HILL 2
SILENT HILL 2
SILENT HILL 2
SILENT HILL 2
SILENT HILL 2
SILENT HILL 2
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jman014

True.

Was talking with some of my friends over party chat, one of them just finished rising and complained the story was dumb, the game was too short, and that the game gets boring....

It was also his first Metal Gear game.....

We aren't friends anymore

Well Revengeance was my first Metal Gear game and I loved it!

And yeah I managed to get him from "I'm not going to play it" to "I'll try the demo on consoles later"

sjay1994

Why wouldn't it be?

Some demos get taken down after some time. The one that sticks out imo is Sonic Unleashed... that game had a great demo.

Then SEGA said... wait, people are playing this demo to much, and pulled it. They even put a play restriction on the sonic generations demo, where you could only play it a certain number of times.

Because of SEGA, I think demos won't last forever anymore. Hell... seing a demo now a days is rare.

croten

Some demos get taken down after some time. The one that sticks out imo is Sonic Unleashed... that game had a great demo.

Then SEGA said... wait, people are playing this demo to much, and pulled it. They even put a play restriction on the sonic generations demo, where you could only play it a certain number of times.

Because of SEGA, I think demos won't last forever anymore. Hell... seing a demo now a days is rare.

Well Demo's have rarely swayed my opinion on a game as assume is the same with most people. They're kind of a waste of dev time in my eyes.

So Frienders...

Is the GoT LP entertaining if I never watched/read GoT and probably never will? Essentially I don't care about spoilers but if I'm not going to be able to follow anything I might as well skip it(there's still like a 1% chance I'll watch/read it).

Oh btw I FOUND THE NEW THREAD BITCHES
giphy.gif

Jman014

So Frienders...

Is the GoT entertaining if I never watched/read GoT and probably never will? Essentially I don't care about spoilers but if I'm not going to be able to follow anything I might as well skip it(there's still like a 1% chance I'll watch/read it).

You talking about playing the game yourself or watching the LP?
Because I haven't watched the show OR read the books and I played the game and watched the LP and found both to be entertaining.

croten

So Frienders...

Is the GoT entertaining if I never watched/read GoT and probably never will? Essentially I don't care about spoilers but if I'm not going to be able to follow anything I might as well skip it(there's still like a 1% chance I'll watch/read it).

Yeah it's good but for someone who knows nothing about the series ehhh. I think that the series is very entertaining and you're not going to get something from the LP that you wouldn't from the TV series or books which I highly recommend

sjay1994

Well Demo's have rarely swayed my opinion on a game as assume is the same with most people. They're kind of a waste of dev time in my eyes.

Demo's are what introduced me to platinum.

Bayo, Vanquish and MGR.... I played those demos dozens of times.

They may be a waste of dev time, but I do appreciate them.

So Frienders...

You should be fine as long as you don't give a shit about spoilers. Some cultural osmosis-y knowledge (like the
red wedding
) will enhance it for you, but you should follow it pretty easily.

You talking about playing the game yourself or watching the LP?
Because I haven't watched the show OR read the books and I played the game and watched the LP and found both to be entertaining.

Oops my bad

I meant the LP, I'm not interested in the game.
You should be fine as long as you don't give a shit about spoilers. Some cultural osmosis-y knowledge (like the
red wedding
All I know about the Red Wedding is that I think a lot of people died? Is that good enough? Also Sean Bean dies I think

sjay1994

red wedding

Osmosis is good and bad..

The good kind

The bad kind is people not shutting the fuck up about frozen, you figuring out everything about that movie through osmosis, and ending up hating it in spite.

croten

Heheh

Revengeance was the last time I can remember deciding "I need this" after playing the demo. I played it like three times in a row.

To be fair I played the demo of revengance and it made me want it a lot but seeing TBF play it made me buy it day one.

What are you talking about, that's the average. The internet told me so

Also I just beat God of War 2 and that ended on a "to be continued". Someone spoil 3 for me

God of War 3
Kratos becomes an even bigger asshole and pretty much destroys the world by killing every god. You have to climb out of Hades again iirc. The ending is you punching Zeus' face until it is just a mashed up red texture and you can keep punching him as long as you keep hitting square. there is some betrayal but it doesn't matter because Kratos goes back in time for raisins I do not remember

Jman014

To be fair I played the demo of revengance and it made me want it a lot but seeing TBF play it made me buy it day one.

Yeah the console demo was like ehhh idk the PC version MIGHT be/WILL be coming out soon and then I go back and watch the LP and I was sold. I watched the entire thing and bought the soundtrack before I owned the actual game. It was STILL worth it.

He has his moments in 1,2, ghost of sparta and chains of olympus.

3 he is just a fucking scumbag. Although Aiden Pierce from Watch Dogs gives him competition for worst character in a video game ever.
Hmm okay, I can see that.
God of War 3
Kratos becomes an even bigger asshole and pretty much destroys the world by killing every god. You have to climb out of Hades again iirc. The ending is you punching Zeus' face until it is just a mashed up red texture and you can keep punching him as long as you keep hitting square. there is some betrayal but it doesn't matter because Kratos goes back in time for raisins I do not remember
I'm guessing the Titans were like "haha fucker we got you". Thanks btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom