• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Critically aclaimmed heralded as one of the best action games, if not the best of all time?

Yeah... that'll save the wiiU.

I am baffled the game didn't do well
Baffled? Niche game in niche genre on a niche console, with an audience that has shown that they do not support games outside of Nintendo's IP, and even failed to show up when they revealed a new one (W101).

It did as well as I figured Bayo 2 was going to do. And that's a shame.

croten

I don't know, Halo was the biggest thing Microsoft had for such a long time, and look where it is now.

If Scalebound is popular, it'll probably get ported awhile after release for extra money once the dust settles.
If Scalebound doesn't sell well, it'll just be a case a few years later when they're like "We put a lot of effort into this, lets see if it does better on PC" Microsoft being Microsoft, if they want to, they'll justify a way to push Scalebound into people's faces one way or another if they really believe in it, I don't see any reason for it's existence other than "Hey you know what people like? Action, You know who's really good at that and are known right now? We need to capture that trending Platinum thing for the kids"

I don't care if it's 6 years from now, I'll play it whenever/however and be perfectly content.

So it's Win/Win.
You are far more optimistic about this than I am. Knowing Microsoft I would assume they would forget the game exists if it sold badly. I don't think it will ever get ported, I'd like to be wrong but I don't think I am. Kinda like how Pat doesn't believe Phantasy Star will ever come out in the west.

B7QaffNCQAEXdRV.jpg

VELVEETA-Down-Home-Macaroni-Cheese-1270.jpg

Velveeta

Xiraiya

You are far more optimistic about this than I am. Knowing Microsoft I would assume they would forget the game exists if it sold badly. I don't think it will ever get ported, I'd like to be wrong but I don't think I am. Kinda like how Pat doesn't believe Phantasy Star will ever come out in the west.

Well I have no reason to think it never will until they say it never will, otherwise it's just assumptions and negativity, being Jaded gets you no where.
I don't know if it actually will, I'm just saying it probably will eventually, because the "When" is irrelevant.

Same with PSO2, they're either working on it or they're not, if they give up then oh well I'll play the Japanese verson I guess, but otherwise I'm happy to wait for it, I'm not counting on it coming out but but I don't assume it's not going to unless they say so.

croten

Well I have no reason to think it never will until they say it never will, otherwise it's just assumptions and negativity, being Jaded gets you no where.

I don't know if it actually will, I'm just saying it probably will eventually, because the "When" is irrelevant.

I guess that's where we differ, I have no reason to think a port is possible unless they say it is and even then...

I had a DSP moment. I'm playing Legacy Of Kain and got very confused as to where to go and I looked up and there was the next place.. God.. I think I'm getting worse at vidya games

I had the biggest moment of DSP happen right next to me for 20 minutes straight when my best friend played part of our Dark Souls LP and made 0 progress, then forgot how to lock on repeatedly and looked at walls for most of that time.

Tell that to the people waiting on Phantasy Star.

Also, hold on, isn't this eerily similar to Liam's stance on that game? Difference being it's localization instead of a port.

Really though, it's just pessimism vs optimism.

Yeah i was cooking this while we we're chatting. I had Cat start on the stocks yesterday and all I did was cook the seafood and throw some extra spices for my palette. Alright then see you nerd some other time.
SEND ME YOUR ENERGIES

-throws all the energies-

Fuck FF13 isn't great.

croten

Also, hold on, isn't this eerily similar to Liam's stance on that game? Difference being it's localization instead of a port.

And pessimism usually wins, that's why my heart is cold and black and dead inside.

Xiraiya

I would assume real Optimism is more like being completely dead set that it will come out, if it doesn't then it's no loss to me ultimately since there are other ways to play, but I don't have a reason to assume the worst.
Shit comes out all the time that people don't expect, just as much as shit people expect to come out ends up not happening.
There's not really as much of a pattern as people like to think, everything is individual.

Besides, being optimistic is healthier for you in the long run (Though really annoying when people are unrealstically optimistic), being pessimistic is just being weak and dramatic and does nothing good for your brain.

sjay1994

I also had a DSP moment yesterday.

Was playing DA:I and I was stuck looking for progression on a quest for 30 minutes. The bridge that would take you to progression is broken, and you can't swim. Progression was located in a small crack in the back corner of a wall, and all the clear doors and passages were just side things.

I am not sure if I am dumb, or if thats just bad path design.

I want to blame the game for its obscure way of location progression.... but then I sound like DSP

croten

I would assume real Optimism is more like being completely dead set that it will come out, if it doesn't then it's no loss to me ultimately since there are other ways to play, but I don't have a reason to assume the worst.

Shit comes out all the time that people don't expect, just as much as shit people expect to come out ends up not happening.

There's not really as much of a pattern as people like to think, everything is individual.
That's more just blind optimism, just thinking it will get a port when it's being sold as an exclusive seems too optimistic to me. I've already resigned myself to the fact that I will probably never play it.

croten

Aaaah, FF13 and Lightning bashing. I've come home again.

I guess I'm a combination of both then. Generally pessimistic (with generally, I mean 99% of the time), with the occasional incredibly blind optimism. What? I still believe in TLG.
Though I guess less that I believe in it and more that I have to keep trying to convince myself that I believe in it.

I guess I'm the same, although I still know the things I want will probably not happen.

Guys, guys help. I needs more crack I ran out. Guys I need more crack I'm gonna go fucking nuts.
I caught up with Prison School and don't want to read the Japanese raws

Yup!

It's unfortunately, really.

You would hope so, but I guess not.
Please look forward to seeing Lightning in FF15
She will probably be a cameo just to piss someone off.

I know...I know...
;_;

I wouldn't say Sazh is an overall good character. It's just that he's not terrible, making him automatically better than the rest of the cast and making him look incredibly good in comparison.
No he's not a good character, but he's likable..everyone else is just..oh we need to go do the thing..silently walk like robots to go do the thing.

Lightning is a disease.
A really hot mindless disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom