• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Zenfalcia

I was just rewatching Cranky's new video and I love that he animated Matt getting sandbag like twice. It really shows how often Matt gets interrupted by someone. I also like that he animated the air conditioner in the background.

I also thought it was a nice touch that Matt got cut off multiple times. I wonder why he added the air conditioner.
Alright, because you guys always shill for it, I've stated reading jojo.

Have fun.

Xiraiya

I just saw the Gintama dubbed movie trailer.
718ced58f05b18e9da6bc0523229c2001361738995_full.png

I am so fucking salty over how garbage it is.

Ohhhhhhh. Ohhhhh nooooooo.
That premise just screams hardcore. Doom is truly the most metal game to ever be spawned.
Painkiller revolves around a young man named Daniel Garner (Cam Clarke), who is happily married to his wife Catherine. At the start of the game, Daniel is about to take Catherine out for a birthday meal. As they drive towards their destination at high speed, in the pouring rain, Daniel takes his eyes off the road to look at his wife and while his attention is diverted, he ploughs their car into a truck. Both of them are killed instantly in the crash.
While Catherine manages to make it to Heaven and lives in harmony, Daniel is trapped in Purgatory. One day an angel called Samael tells him that in order to receive purification, he has to kill four of Lucifer's generals in order to prevent a war between Heaven and Hell. Lucifer has been secretly organizing a massive army that could overwhelm Heaven, taking over Purgatory in the process. Small portions of the army are already beginning the march. With little choice available to him, Daniel accepts the task.
It's weird because two of my favorite game franchises are Resident Evil and Silent Hill. Maybe it's just that 90s "Look how ill this is, bro!" that puts me off.
That's incredibly understandable. It's like quickscope mlg bullshit turning you off COD.

No, not yet. After finishing Bebop, a couple of things got in the way and I eventually decided to watch parts of The Wire again before switching back to anime. I planned on using Gintama as a sub-show to the main events (Watching Monster and reading Berserk) in case I felt like watching something else, but I didn't manage to start any of these yet either.

Fair enough. I just haven't been around too much recently so I didn't know if I missed your impressions of it or not.

Zenfalcia

I just saw the Gintama dubbed movie trailer.
I am so fucking salty over how garbage it is.

It can't be THAT bad.
lol, who am I kidding.
You can hear the sound of an air conditioner or a fan in the background of the audio.

Yeah, that's what I thought at first, but then I realized, it's the laptop's fan. I know this because my laptop's fan is picked up by my mic a lot.

Xiraiya

I think I'll watch the trailer, and it will decide if the anime is worth my time.
The anime is never getting a dub, but they chose to dub the second movie for some reason, and sounds like complete shit.
I don't really think you could successfully dub Gintama without lowering it's quality.

Archgan

The anime is never getting a dub, but they chose to dub the second movie for some reason, and sounds like complete shit.

I don't really think you could successfully dub Gintama without lowering it's quality.

Do you have a link to the trailer? Can't seem to find it.

Xiraiya

Well then. All ask this too, is it very long or ongoing?
Ongoing, the series just consistently gets better overtime, the anime has stopped and started a whole bunch of times because it has that Family Guy/Futurama issue of pissing people off/offending people, but it's coming back in April.
I feel like the Anime gets it's humor across much better and the drama in general better because of music etc. but the manga is fine too, the Anime follows the Manga as close as possible.
Some minor arcs get shown in a different order since much of the series is episodic.

Gintoki and Joseph Joestar share the same VA and basically personality

Oberon

Banned

I am just playing with you, I'll take on that mountain of an anime when my life is less busy.

Yeah but it's episodic as fuck

The anime is better.

For the most part it is yeah, though I wouldn't hop around too much because even though it's episodic there are characters you may not recognize and you might end up jumping into the middle of one of the real arcs.

And yes, anime is far superior. Manga is fantastic on its own though.

Top Bottom