• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

mrmyhthef

Well, I guess it's not really the same trick, but it shows how important presentation is. As a seller, I could say "This 45 inch TV was $2500, but I'm gonna give you a deal and drop it to $1750" when my intention was to sell it at $1750 in the first place. Customers go "Oh, well I wasn't in the market for a new TV, but that discount is massive and I'd be an idiot to not jump on it!", letting the big red discount sign distract them from responsible spending and taking the final price at face value ("Even if it's a huge 30% off I can't afford to buy a new TV right now").

Yep that is basically how the Silk Market in Beijing operates. Focus on the money you are spending and not the money you aren't spending.

joe2187

Banned
So uh...Resident Evil Revelations 2 huh...

SameNastyDugong.gif

Xiraiya

Am I the only one who finds it weird that sometimes when Matt's fiance is mentioned, Woolie is like "YO WE USE TO DO THIS AND THAT AND I TOTALLY KNEW HER BEFORE YOU, YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HER MAN AND WE WERE HANGING OUT AND STUFF, This was before you knew her". Clearly I'm exaggerating but that's the feeling it has when he goes on about it.

I've seen that attitude of his come up a bunch of times throughout the Podcasts where she is concerned. Makes me think Woolie has some sort of unresolved issues there (Not romantic), because the first time it happened he tried to imply he knew her better than Matt and Matt was like "But that's not how it is now" and seemed slightly salty about the way Woolie was going on about it, understandingly so as that attitude is shitty.

It's really strange.

Xiraiya

Since you're bringing up the subject now, I'm assuming it happens again in this podcast? Will look into it, though I haven't noticed it myself.

No I'm really behind and have been for awhile, it was an older one, the first time it happened I thought "That was weird" and didn't think all that much about it, and then it happened again after quite awhile and then a little bit in a more recent one. I'm not really surprised people don't pick up on it, but it was something I've noticed a few times, even when not focusing fully on the podcast and thought stood out as being a bit strange.

demidar

I've never gotten that impression. Then again, I half-listen to the podcasts because I'm playing games.

Edit: Yes, please bring up some examples. I am deathly curious now.

Skrams

It's really strange.

First time Ive heard of this. Having a hard time even thinking of more than 3 moments where Woolie has mentioned her. I remember him slightly boasting about introducing them, but not much else.
I'll look out for it when I listen to the podcast later.

Edit - Or not. Gonna have to give us an example then.

Xiraiya

I'm not trying to say there's some big drama or secret there or anything like that. Just that there is a noticeable change in tone I find odd when she's mentioned in the context of her friendship with Woolie.

That's all.

Waiting between classes. I do wonder sometimes why I've done a joint degree in two subjects that'll get me no where in life
oh god please help my life choices, philosophy and drama will never help me.

At least after I've finished panicking after my next seminar, I can go home and listen to the podcast.

Xiraiya

As for examples, let me see, there is the whole introducing them thing where Woolie was boasting about that, that didn't seem all that abnormal but still it was the kind of thing where you're like "Relax, Woolie". One of the Podcasts I think they were talking Valentines day stuff and the moment I noticed it with Matt talking about them doing something together and Woolie being like "Oh man she wouldn't like that" and Matt was like "I dunno, it was fine, she thought it was cute" and it became this thing of Woolie being like "I dunno man I would know, she hated that stuff before you knew her" and it was this weird subtle defensiveness going back and forth briefly that made me be like "That's kind of weird of them", but that was the most prominent moment I can remember. It might have not been related to Valentines but it was around that point somewhere in the podcasts, I know I was listening with Beloved and we both noticed.

In one of the more recent ones they were talking about Dante's inferno and how garbage it is with the lore, it was the same kind of thing of Woolie boasting about them arguing about that stuff back in the day before Matt knew her, and even though it wasn't really anything that noticeable it still had this slight shift in tone that made be like "I wonder why Woolie's like that he talks about her".

croten

As for examples, let me see, there is the whole introducing them thing where Woolie was boasting about that, that didn't seem all that abnormal but still it was the kind of thing where you're like "Relax, Woolie". One of the Podcasts I think they were talking Valentines day stuff and the moment I noticed it with Matt talking about them doing something together and Woolie being like "Oh man she wouldn't like that" and Matt was like "I dunno, it was fine, she thought it was cute" and it became this thing of Woolie being like "I dunno man I would know, she hated that stuff before you knew her" and it was this weird subtle defensiveness going back and forth briefly that made me be like "That's kind of weird of them", but that was the most prominent moment I can remember. It might have not been related to Valentines but it was around that point somewhere in the podcasts.

In one of the more recent ones they were talking about Dante's inferno and how garbage it is with the lore, it was the same kind of thing of Woolie boasting about them arguing about that stuff back in the day before Matt knew her, and even though it wasn't really anything that noticeable it still had this slight shift in tone that made be like "I wonder why Woolie's like that he talks about her".

Sounds like a load of nothing to be honest.

I don't really think he was "boasting" I mean, it was relevant to the topic at hand. None of this seems like anything to me, seems like Woolie knew her and has an image of her that is different from Matt. Not abnormal. I don't notice him seeming like he's boasting about putting them together any more than someone would if you introduced someone to the love of their life, probably feels good to know you're the reason two of your good friends are happy.

croten

I don't really think he was "boasting" I mean, it was relevant to the topic at hand. None of this seems like anything to me, seems like Woolie knew her and has an image of her that is different from Matt. Not abnormal. I don't notice him seeming like he's boasting about putting them together any more than someone would if you introduced someone to the love of their life, probably feels good to know you're the reason two of your good friends are happy.

Pretty much how I see it, doesn't seem like there is anything abnormal here. Even if there is, it's none of our business

Skrams

This is sort of what I meant by boasting. Just feeling good you helped 2 people find their love in life. Woolie The Matchmaker. Besides that I always figured it was because she was in the apartment usually, so she could hear them talking about her on the podcast. Most people would change their tone if a person was in earshot.

grimmiq

Oh shit, am I just reaching the Dempsey Roll?..Trying to figure out a way to attack while defending and defend while attacking.

Rizzi

Man, Dying Light seems cool.
Except for the whole running like dog turds on a hot summer day thing it has going on.

Rizzi

I'm only in the tutorial so maybe it goes nuts when there are lots of zombies on screen, was it bad for you in the tutorial?

Are you still indoors? It was fine when I was in the tower, but once I got outside my framerate practically halved and started stuttering whenever I was moving around.

Top Bottom