• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

demidar

Ask your mod.

Originally, you weren't allowed to have curse words (fuck, shit, cunt, dick, asshole, etc.) or sexually explicit words in your thread titles. This was because Google Ads was breathing down EviLore's neck. That was a few years ago, and those standards have loosened considerably as Google Ads' eyes looked elsewhere. There are a couple of "fuck"s in thread titles every week. You could probably get away with it, especially in the Dark of Gaming Community.

Okingjrr

A girl that has a boyfriend is being all flirty with me and it makes me uncomfortable.
Not that it's relevant to any discussion we're having. Just thought I'd share.
Boy does that happen to me a lot!
It's either that or I don't know how to interpret signals. Model single man right here.

The only time a girl acted flirty with me was one that had a boyfriend. It was weird.

I'm super flirty with everyone, so girls are very flirty back, but the most flirty was the girl that works at the store across from my apartment who was so flirty that I actually asked her out and she had a boyfriend. Still no clue what was up with that.

croten

I'm super flirty with everyone, so girls are very flirty back, but the most flirty was the girl that works at the store across from my apartment who was so flirty that I actually asked her out and she had a boyfriend. Still no clue what was up with that.

Open relationship? Just wanted to cheat? Iunno

Originally, you weren't allowed to have curse words (fuck, shit, cunt, dick, asshole, etc.) or sexually explicit words in your thread titles. This was because Google Ads was breathing down EviLore's neck. That was a few years ago, and those standards have loosened considerably as Google Ads' eyes looked elsewhere. There are a couple of "fuck"s in thread titles every week. You could probably get away with it, especially in the Dark of Gaming Community.

So what you're saying is that the next thread title should have as many swear words as we can fit? Let's do it. /s

Open relationship? Just wanted to cheat? Iunno

But she rejected me on the basis that she had a boyfriend, if she wanted to do those she wouldn't have even brought it up, which is what's confusing about it.

This is basically my reaction the every time a lady is remotely flirty with me.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm just used to it at this point, I don't put any stake in any of it. My friend gets obsessed every time a girl is even remotely nice to him and talks about it for days, it's kinda sad.

I almost wonder if it's just an attempt to be friends but done horribly wrong, but it probably depends on the individual case.

Maybe an Emotional Fluffer? Eh...

Moral of the story: girls are weird. And icky.

meme_bjnovak.png

I almost wonder if it's just an attempt to be friends but done horribly wrong, but it probably depends on the individual case.

Maybe an Emotional Fluffer? Eh...

I think most of the time girls don't realize that what they're doing is being interpreted as flirting since to a very large numbers of guys, both pathetic and not pathetic, smiling and talking is a very clear sign of romantic or sexual interest.

I'm good with words, so I always joke around and flirt correctly, so every time I get a cashier to giggle, guys I'm with are like "Yo man, dat girl is into you! You should ask her out!" They just don't understand that not everything is flirting and not every instance of flirting is to show interest. I rarely flirt to actually display interest.

I think most of the time girls don't realize that what they're doing is being interpreted as flirting since to a very large numbers of guys, both pathetic and not pathetic, smiling and talking is a very clear sign of romantic or sexual interest.

I'm good with words, so I always joke around and flirt correctly, so every time I get a cashier to giggle, guys I'm with are like "Yo man, dat girl is into you! You should ask her out!" They just don't understand that not everything is flirting and not every instance of flirting is to show interest. I rarely flirt to actually display interest.

If most guys are like me, they cross their wires and confuse the 2.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
A girl that has a boyfriend is being all flirty with me and it makes me uncomfortable.
Hey! My fucked up relationship with that girl is very similar to this!

I'm the worst combo ever. I'm flirty and I'm dense. I can't read signals, but apparently I send em like a goddamn machine gun.

I suppose. I wouldn't say I take mundane things like that as romantic interest, just friendly, and I see why most people would think that, but at least my case she kept snuggling/cuddling up to me. That's a bit much.

I get your points though. Guys probably overthink that stuff plenty.

(In my case we were already friends so it was probably more the Fluffer thing)
(Also this reads like I'm venting so sorry)
Mrgoodwil, are you making OT13?
Unless somebody else REALLY wants to.

If most guys are like me, they cross their wires and confuse the 2.

It's because it's extremely difficult to tell the difference and the outcome of both is the same, that the majority of the time girls aren't actually coming onto you, unless you're a goddamn Adonis, they're most likely just being friendly, flirty or not.

It's best to not put any stake in any flirting, since even if they are actually into you, they're into you for superficial reasons and that's never a good way to start anything.

Xiraiya

Guess what Aaron, girls minds don't work the same way as most guys, girls like to be enthusiastic and cheeky in joking ways which ends up being referred to as flirting, even though the girl has absolutely no desire of any kind to touch the guy, with how much you go on about that crap sometimes I would have thought you'd have known that.

Guys on the other hand by default immediately think a girl being nice is a sign that the girl wants to bang, let alone when they're flirting, it's a terrible shortcoming.

The best way to be is to just simply not see people as potentially bangable things, you're much much less likely to do something stupid, if someone makes it clear they're interested, so be it.

Oberon

Banned

Being all flirty? I am still not sure what means
What exacly does she do?

I'm just used to it at this point, I don't put any stake in any of it. My friend gets obsessed every time a girl is even remotely nice to him and talks about it for days, it's kinda sad.

You're not talking about me, are you?

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Guess what Aaron, girls minds don't work the same way as most guys, girls like to be enthusiastic and cheeky in joking ways which ends up being referred to as flirting, even though the girl has absolutely no desire of any kind to touch the guy, with how much you go on about that crap sometimes I would have thought you'd have known that.

Guys on the other hand by default immediately think a girl being nice is a sign that the girl wants to bang, let alone when they're flirting, it's a terrible shortcoming.

The best way to be is to just simply not see people as potentially bangable things, you're much much less likely to do something stupid, if someone makes it clear they're interested, so be it.

I've solved this problem by lowering my self value and assuming everyone whos nice to me is just friendly.

Then theres no confusion as to who wants to date who.

ultimax

I suppose. I wouldn't say I take mundane things like that as romantic interest, just friendly, and I see why most people would think that, but at least my case she kept snuggling/cuddling up to me. That's a bit much.

She couldn't resist your 17 year old boyish charms.
I mean can you really blame her?

10/10

Yes, I just finished detailing all of that before you posted it.

This case, however, was different and went beyond regular flirting, which was why I said it progressed to the point that I actually asked her out, since several people, her coworkers included said she was clearly into me.

I'm the worst combo ever. I'm flirty and I'm dense. I can't read signals, but apparently I send em like a goddamn machine gun.

Just start doing it intentionally and at least you'll know.

Unless somebody else REALLY wants to.

People in general do just crave attention sometimes, your situation sounds like someone that's just bored.

You're not talking about me, are you?

No. You're way more successful than this guy.

croten

Okay Dying Light update time.
I have lowered everything to pretty much the minimum settings, it's windowed and everything, and now it runs pretty much at 60 with some frequent dips but nothing horrible.
The gameplay itself is pretty great. Combat is fairly basic, just swing the weapon and aim for the head, I haven't found any guns just yet so I'll wait for that, but it is very satisfying to hit things which is good.
The parkour is pretty decent but no where near as complex as Mirrors edge. Pat was right when he said that it's starts off as sub-ME and while I doubt it will ever get to that level it's still really fun.
I just finished the first Night section which was super fun, it gave me that exact feeling I wanted in a parkour focused game, there are enemies who are just a little faster than you that you have to outrun by climbing and vaulting which feels super tense.
All in all it's a great game that had a bunch of pre-release fuck ups that didn't help it's reputation and it's performance sucks ass. Get it on consoles if you can.

Xiraiya

I've solved this problem by lowering my self value and assuming everyone whos nice to me is just friendly.
Then theres no confusion as to who wants to date who.

You don't need to lower your self value, not everyone is meant for everyone else, a girl you like/obsess over right now may be the worst person in the world to ever be with, you really don't know.

You just need to realize very simply, you're not going to just die randomly of loneliness and you're not going to die if you don't get laid tonight or something. Not having a girlfriend or not getting laid doesn't change your value as a person, it just means it's not your time right now, but that can change at any point, as hard as it might be to believe that sometimes, it's still true regardless.

How you handle good phases and bad phases throughout life determines your worth as a person.

If you can't be content by yourself then you've got some serious growing to do.

Yup.
She couldn't resist your 17 year old boyish charms.
I mean can you really blame her?
10/10
I'm the living incarnation of bishonen.
It was just weird. I guess I need to reign in my boyish charms.
People in general do just crave attention sometimes, your situation sounds like someone that's just bored.
Yeah probably. Every time it happened it was super late at night, maybe I'm a good space heater.
All in all it's a great game that had a bunch of pre-release fuck ups that didn't help it's reputation and it's performance sucks ass. Get it on consoles if you can.
Cool, that's what I expected. I'll wait it out a few months and see if the PC version gets fixed, whether by devs or fans, else I'll just grab it on PS4.

I have lowered everything to pretty much the minimum settings, it's windowed and everything, and now it runs pretty much at 60 with some frequent dips but nothing horrible.
The gameplay itself is pretty great. Combat is fairly basic, just swing the weapon and aim for the head, I haven't found any guns just yet so I'll wait for that, but it is very satisfying to hit things which is good.
The parkour is pretty decent but no where near as complex as Mirrors edge. Pat was right when he said that it's starts off as sub-ME and while I doubt it will ever get to that level it's still really fun.
I just finished the first Night section which was super fun, it gave me that exact feeling I wanted in a parkour focused game, there are enemies who are just a little faster than you that you have to outrun by climbing and vaulting which feels super tense.

I'm still going to wait for end of game impressions for the final word but I'm glad it does fell like mirrors edge

Xiraiya

You know, even though it's a very over simplified system in the games, you can actually compare people to Persona S-links pretty accurately and deal with them accordingly for surprisingly similar results.

People don't like the thought of themselves being broken down like that and as always there are exceptions, but it can be done pretty effectively.
I remember having realizations like that during highschool and suddenly becoming extremely disappointed with everyone around me, it was about that time I got real tired of the whole party and drinking thing and then it was kind of rare for me to want to go.

Now I just don't drink at all and have absolutely zero desire to just go and do that stuff, I just want to fall asleep in a goddamn armchair at 9pm watching dumb TV shows.

ultimax

It's not unreadable or anything:

But it gets fucking amazing later, and even by Part 3 it's damn good.

Yeah it looks really good. I don't really mind the way Part 1 looks either.

But god damn, Berserk is just beautiful
result.jpg

edit- erm, had to crop out something

Top Bottom