• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

So uh...Resident Evil Revelations 2 huh...

SameNastyDugong.gif

Is this spiderman 3?
hah toby jokes

Emouse

Holy fucking God damn hell people are idiots

"It's broken and it won't work"

Yeah maybe if you put the batteries in the right way round it would?

Argh, what's happening frienders?

Xiraiya

Holy fucking God damn hell people are idiots
"It's broken and it won't work"
Yeah maybe if you put the batteries in the right way round it would?

Argh, what's happening frienders?

Not much, watching P4 Endurance run with Beloved and playing P3P.

Wow, just noticed on the Dying Light store page where they said "Yeah, Laptops may or may not run this game, we don't really know."

Seriously, Techland?

Xiraiya

Wow, just noticed on the Dying Light store page where they said "Yeah, Laptops may or may not run this game, we don't really know."
Seriously, Techland?

I've been noticing devs of certain games being kind of weird towards Laptops, there was that whole thing where Transistor straight up REFUSES to let you even try to run the game if you're running integrated graphics cards of a certain kind, but once you bypass the check, the game it's self actually runs fine, so it's stupid.

croten

It runs the SAME? That's kind of weird, what kind of things were you lowering?
Actually was Dying Light a console port?

If by console port you mean that it is on both PCs and consoles then yes, it's a console port. It's just not optimized very well. Which sucks because it's a lot of fun so far.

Rizzi

It runs the SAME? That's kind of weird, what kind of things were you lowering?
Actually was Dying Light a console port?

Everything. It runs the same with everything on high or low. Smarter people than I seem to be saying it only uses like one core of some people's cpu's and next to no gpu.
If you believe that sort of thing.

Xiraiya

If by console port you mean that it is on both PCs and consoles then yes, it's a console port. It's just not optimized very well. Which sucks because it's a lot of fun so far.
By console port I mean a console game ported to PC, that's usually the only case where you see a game literally run exactly the same regardless of it's settings.
Which basically means at that point your hardware is irrelevant unless it's way above any requirements since it's all coming down to the gaming running as an emulated game and not a PC game.

Everything. It runs the same with everything on high or low. Smarter people than I seem to be saying it only uses like one core of some people's cpu's and next to no gpu.
If you believe that sort of thing.
That's in line with the emulated game thing, since all that garbage has crazy CPU requirements and doesn't give a shit about your video card, even though it should be relying more on that than your CPU.

croten

By console port I mean a console game ported to PC, that's usually the only case where you see a game literally run exactly the same regardless of it's settings.

Which basically means at that point your hardware is irrelevant unless it's way above any requirements since it's all coming down to the gaming running as an emulated game and not a PC game.

In that case I don't know. It came out the same day as console versions did so I highly doubt it and just assume that it is bad optimization

Xiraiya

In that case I don't know. It came out the same day as console versions did so I highly doubt it and just assume that it is bad optimization

Still sounds like it was probably designed for Consoles and released on both anyway, which is really unfortunate, I actually thought it looked like a PC game when I saw it.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Hey, deadly premonition has someone under sheets. And that's game of the year, every year.

That's true.

I just noticed. if I'm playing a game, and a character is wearing a long, thin, silk dress that flows everywhichway, how are the physics on that different from a bed sheet?

Why is it so hard to do?

That's true.

I just noticed. if I'm playing a game, and a character is wearing a long, thin, silk dress that flows everywhichway, how are the physics on that different from a bed sheet?

Why is it so hard to do?
I'd assume it's easier to do the dress cause the movement of the model can help mask the weird edges on the cloth texture, whereas when a model's in a bed, they're usually not doing anything so the edges are super apparent. That said, I'm just some dickhead on the internet, I have no idea.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Speaking about Deadly Premonition, is there any way to watch Twin Peaks outside of US?
Buy the bluray.
David Lynch is too weird to be available for streaming outside the US.

I'd assume it's easier to do the dress cause the movement of the model can help mask the weird edges on the cloth texture, whereas when a model's in a bed, they're usually not doing anything so the edges are super apparent. That said, I'm just some dickhead on the internet, I have no idea.

OT 13: The Legion of Internet Dickheads.

That sounds right...

Xiraiya

Good lord, my goddamn phone just tried to auto correct "Yes" to "yea"
I have never purposely typed that shit in a conversation in my entire life, are we at the point now where shitty habits like that are now being encouraged by phone OS's?

People should just learn to type properly and stop being shit.

I have never purposely typed that shit in a conversation in my entire life, are we at the point now where shitty habits like that are now being encouraged by phone OS's?

Yea, your absolutely right. Ppl jus cant type for shit anymore.

tumblr_inline_msmwjk1Sbc1qz4rgp.gif

You can hear Woolie go "Yea!" in this gif. It's saddening in a way

Rizzi

A girl that has a boyfriend is being all flirty with me and it makes me uncomfortable.
Not that it's relevant to any discussion we're having. Just thought I'd share.

Top Bottom