• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

He was beaten by an elementary schooler for christ sakes! The only way Dio lost is cause Jotaro just happened to have time stop.
also Jonathan lost.

To be honest, I feel that the main characters in part 3 had stands that rely on power and speed while in part 4 they had more gimmicky shit to work with

Squishy3

Please, Dojyaaaan has nothing on WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
It's still awesome though.
Spoilers for all of Jojo's:
Dio is a cool villain but actually sucks. Straits in part 2 laid down the truth. Dio was obsessed with finding the limits of his abilities and not dealing with the immediate threats to him and it's why he lost every time. Dio only killed 2 Joestars (only 1, if we want to get technical, since Joseph lives.) while Pucci killed everyone who was a threat to him but didn't realize what Emporio was trying to do until it was too late. (Even still, he probably has the best track record out of any Jojo's villain.) Valentine did pretty well too and even managed to set up a contingency plan if he didn't defeat Johnny to have Diego carry on his legacy. I appreciate Dio, but he's not the best. Funny Valentine is a true American and Johnny is a filthy terrorist.

To be honest, I feel that the main characters in part 3 had stands that rely on power and speed while in part 4 they had more gimmicky shit to work with
Just about every JoJo villain is designed to be so OP that a deus ex machina of some kind is required to defeat. Part 5 in particular being super blatant about it with
GER being the living embodiment of that.

Squishy3

Ok this is more important
THEY FUCKING SELL A FIGURE OF THE ROAD ROLLER!!!
9zlFZQ.jpg
Are you sure this isn't a Battle Construction Vehicles figure?

Just about every JoJo villain is designed to be so OP that a deus ex machina of some kind is required to defeat. Part 5 in particular being super blatant about it with
GER being the living embodiment of that.
Well Part 4 didnt
Kiras own power was his own downfall really. If bites the dust didnt have that stupid turn back time back a day clause he woulddve won

I feel like we keep ranking the same things. We should rank something we haven't done before, like finales. I'm including the final battle and wrap up.
4 = 2 > 7 > 6 > 3 > 5

Finales? Hmmm. I don't know if I remember them all well enough to make the list. Part 7 would definitely be first, though. That scene in part 7
where Gyro dies was 2sad4me.

Explain please.
1/2 into Baldur's Gate 2 your soul is stolen by the villain, who is experimenting on the protagonist and others like them- fragments, or "children," of the dead God of murder Bhaal. The protagonist is pissed. So you're fighting one of his henchmen, and you get so pissed that pure murder frenzy fills the space where your soul used to be and you become the Slayer, avatar of Bhaal for a short time. It becomes a usable power.

demidar

I forgot to post about this yesterday but I put a few hours into Skullgirls. I'm really liking it but damn I feel old since I can't pull off combos seamlessly (I have to think for a few moments to figure out what to do). I assume I'll get faster with more experience.

I've been mainly playing as Squiggly. Love her but her low ground movement speed is a bit of a hassle so I get impatient and dash jump at the target and do a cool combo that I came up with. Also she has a Scorpion "Get Over Here!" Spear and a Shoryuken.

Since I'm playing with a 360 pad, I'm finding it fairly difficult to do some simultaneous inputs since it's a 6-button fighting game. The only recourse would be to reconfigure my buttons I think.

Archgan

Finales? Hmmm. I don't know if I remember them all well enough to make the list. Part 7 would definitely be first, though. That scene in part 7
where Gyro dies was 2sad4me.

It was hard for me to make it. I couldn't remember all the details of some, but I'm okay with my list. I really like part 2's.
I love that it starts with Joseph's signature move, involves piranhas in a plan, and ends with a volcano launching the bad guy into space.

I forgot to post about this yesterday but I put a few hours into Skullgirls. I'm really liking it but damn I feel old since I can't pull off combos seamlessly (I have to think for a few moments to figure out what to do). I assume I'll get faster with more experience.

I've been mainly playing as Squiggly. Love her but her low ground movement speed is a bit of a hassle so I get impatient and dash jump at the target and do a cool combo that I came up with. Also she has a Scorpion "Get Over Here!" Spear and a Shoryuken.

Since I'm playing with a 360 pad, I'm finding it fairly difficult to do some simultaneous inputs since it's a 6-button fighting game. The only recourse would be to reconfigure my buttons I think.
How old are you? Im 20 and cant do combos perfectly.

I don't know if you like Persona or not, but you should grab Ultimax. It's a really good gateway game for fighting games.
It was hard for me to make it. I couldn't remember all the details of some, but I'm okay with my list. I really like part 2's.
I love that it starts with Joseph's signature move, involves piranhas in a plan, and ends with a volcano launching the bad guy into space.

Yeah, it was really good. It was my runner up for favorite finale.

I need some opinions. Pretty soon i'll have my internet back and not need to use my neighbor's wifi, and will be able to play Xrd online, and I need to choose my main. I've been playing for over a month now, and i've narrowed it down to Zato or Bedman. Who should I main?

Question for the Nocturne fans, should I make Demi-Fiend all physical, magical, or go balanced.

I need some opinions. Pretty soon i'll have my internet back and not need to use my neighbor's wifi, and will be able to play Xrd online, and I need to choose my main. I've been playing for over a month now, and i've narrowed it down to Zato or Bedman. Who should I main?

Zato has Dio's VA in Japanese so go Zato.

Zato since he has a stand. Bedman is really complicated too.
Question for the Nocturne fans, should I make Demi-Fiend all physical, magical, or go balanced.
Physical. Balanced is generally bad since you're spreading your stats thin. Edit: nvm then...

Zato since he has a stand. Bedman is really complicated too.

Physical. Balanced is generally bad since you're spreading your stats thin. Edit: nvm then...

Physical is straight up better than magic in Nocturne.

And I wouldn't rely on Dante since he doesn't have Pierce.

hmm, guess I'll think about it as I go then. I might go double physical and have 2 magic/2 physical. Had 3 magic, 1 physical in SMT4 since physical wasn't really as useful until very late game.

Magic changes the difficulty curve a lot. Makes early game hard and endgame hard, but late game easy.

Do not be balanced. Pump one and then put some points into Agility for Crit/Hit chance and Vit. I recommend Physical cause it's way more reliable and generally stronger, but it only becomes FUCKBALLSAMAZING if you do the optional dungeon and get an endgame skill.

Magic changes the difficulty curve a lot. Makes early game hard and endgame hard, but late game easy.

Do not be balanced. Pump one and then put some points into Agility for Crit/Hit chance and Vit. I recommend Physical cause it's way more reliable and generally stronger, but it only becomes FUCKBALLSAMAZING if you do the optional dungeon and get an endgame skill.

Yeah, physical just sounds a lot better in this game since its not from your SP like SMT4 is. I'll probably go with that.

I MIGHT BE PROUD OF THIS
I got silent hill 2 to work :D, cutscenes don't work at all but I can just look those up on youtube I guess
Hey at least you get to play it man, glad to hear you got it.
Yeah, physical just sounds a lot better in this game since its not from your SP like SMT4 is. I'll probably go with that.
It's way better. Magic is actually encouraged for a repeat playthrough where your base starting stats change on New Game +.

Top Bottom