• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

giphy.gif

Jman014

What's wrong with Nico? you can't handle her nico love?

You love it.

It is quite busy. all those stripes and accessories make her hard on the eyes.

Yep, it's super fine. also don't embed it, even accidentally.

Is Queen of Pain doing something lewd again?

I used to hate her, until I opened my eyes and realized she's the best joke super serious character ever due to her serious commitment to be cute.
In pure entertainment value, she's great. But when they try playing straight with her, I just get a Nico Nico-nii frown on my face.

Zenfalcia

I must not fully understand OT rules, because I don't see a problem with a Doujin thread. I guess they thought the overlap with MangaGaf, but they really don't discuss Doujins that much.

Unless they have an IRC.

I dunno, i asked a mod who frequents mangaGaf and he said to not make one. I'm sure it'll probably be ok? That's what i was thinking about the overlap with mangaGaf, but i thought it might be different enough to possibly warrant it?

Continued reading and what is this choose your adventure stuff? It's.. interesting.

Ehh, I can see where that's coming from, sure. I just think even the other Velvet Room attendants look different while adhering to a pretty cohesive design philosophy.

even then, P4G spoilers
she is not really a traditional Velvet Room attendant. I don't know how being a god with amnesia causes you to dress like that, she and Sagiri probably observed the world through the TVs or some bull shit.
More than likely the character artist just wanted to draw a hot anime girl

even then, P4G spoilers
she is not really a traditional Velvet Room attendant. I don't know how being a god with amnesia causes you to dress like that, she and Sagiri probably observed the world through the TVs or some bull shit.
Yeah, I get that she should look different from everyone to some degree, but yeah, I think she's more pandering. If the pandering fit into the world better it'd be alright. Almost every other character has a primary color or two. She has like twelve.

even then, P4G spoilers
I took it as her not understanding fashion and just throwing random shit together. Still looks great though.

Hmm.. i should finish S2 or rewatch S1 maybe it'll change my opinion. She's certainly not best, but damn is she entertaining.

The brat aspect is why I am entertained by her, but sometimes she comes off too hard.

S2 has been okay so far.
Yeah, I get that she should look different from everyone to some degree, but yeah, I think she's more pandering. If the pandering fit into the world better it'd be alright. Almost every other character has a primary color or two. She has like twelve.
It's eyecatching though. When I made my attempt at the game, I remembered her appearance, where I had trouble remembering the other character's names.

Zenfalcia

It's cool, but you can read straight through.

Yep. i wonder why you picked the avatar you did when there were tons of other moments you could've chose from.
The brat aspect is why I am entertained by her, but sometimes she comes off too hard.

S2 has been okay so far.

I suppose they run her gimmick too hard at times and leaves a bad impression.
She looks great with her hair down or I'm just a sucker for long straight hair.

I suppose they run her gimmick too hard at times and leaves a bad impression.
She looks great with her hair down or I'm just a sucker for long straight hair.
It's okay. Maki was my favorite, because she had red hair.

The anime cemented her as my favorite forever.

I think Marie's design is too busy, but there's some nice elements at play. Would be more forgivable if she was cool.

stupidjerkihateyoustopreadingmypoemspleaseitssuperembarassingiwouldjustdieifsomeonefoudoutwhatiwroteinitireallylikesteakskewerseventhoughitwillgostraighttomyhipsandmakemefat

Zenfalcia

It's okay. Maki was my favorite, because she had red hair.

The anime cemented her as my favorite forever.

Arrr I'm a pirate.

She's pretty good. So, you're into red hair? Nice. Which parts sold you on her?
stupidjerkihateyoustopreadingmypoemspleaseitssuperembarassingiwouldjustdieifsomeonefoudoutwhatiwroteinitireallylikesteakskewerseventhoughitwillgostraighttomyhipsandmakemefat

She's just tsundeready for Yu.

It's eyecatching though. When I made my attempt at the game, I remembered her appearance, where I had trouble remembering the other character's names.
If you don't like the detail on other characters that's fine, it's just very different. You can prefer it, sure.
Yep. i wonder why you picked the avatar you did when there were tons of other moments you could've chose from.
It was really late and I really liked that last volume. I'll reread it pretty soon and hunt for some good faces.

Yeah, I get that she should look different from everyone to some degree, but yeah, I think she's more pandering. If the pandering fit into the world better it'd be alright. Almost every other character has a primary colour or two. She has like twelve.

oh yeah I agree that it is pandering I'm just saying they can bullshit an excuse as to why she dresses like that

Arrr I'm a pirate.

She's pretty good. So, you're into red hair? Nice. Which parts sold you on her?
Obviously the red hair was the opening shot. Then her personality shined through. The cool and aloof nature, with a mature air, but still was really cute (OMG she still believes in Santa, that's so fucking adorable!)

Then Based Gods Alter had to attack my wallet with another based figure...

FTFY

Yeah I was actually agreeing with you.

well look at us Superb Top Acquaintances over here, agreeing to agree with each other

Obviously the red hair was the opening shot. Then her personality shined through. The cool and aloof nature, with a mature air, but still was really cute (OMG she still believes in Santa, that's so fucking adorable!)

it certainly doesn't hurt that her VO has a really good singing voice

Let me rephrase:

Long hair is the best.

Its great when you are with someone who like their hair to be pulled
Lewd

Also I just think it looks elegant and charming

Zenfalcia

Y'all are crazy not reping the power of ponytails.
ponytail_motivator_by_kyonoko-d3a0izn.png

It's nice. Not quite best girl material, but nice.

Which figure this time?

Zenfalcia

Let me rephrase:

Long hair is the best.

Its great when you are with someone who like their hair to be pulled
Lewd

Also I just think it looks elegant and charming

Yeah, it is! There are other things you can do to it like
braiding it, putting them up in a bun, ponytail, side ponytail, and many more non-lewd stuff, you perverts.

Top Bottom