• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Skrams

Me too, we'll have to have it again sometime.

I'd like to talk about a few things, mainly Death Parade/ Death Billiards, Assassination Classroom, and the second season of Durarara.

Been reading the manga of Assassination Classroom for a while and watching the anime right now. It's pretty good. I really can't wait to see which parts get animated later in this season.

Have Durarara S1 and Death Parade/Death Billiards on my to do list.

I love the look of Death Parade and the OP is early contender for OP of the year.

Durarara X2 is one of those things where it feels like it never ended and it's just continuing directly after it ended, despite a very slight art change in some characters.

Spring is going to be amazing. There's one about an ugly guy in love with a girl who's in love with a typical bishi and that sounds promisingly heartwarming.

Is "I can't understand what my husband is saying" worth watching? I only watched one episode and didn't really care for it.

Damn, I gotta find time to watch Death Parade
That OP put me in mind of Baccano and that's a good-ass sign

I was immediately hooked by Santana, but okay. Just wait for it I guess.

I think you mean, Santviento. Hurhurhurhurhurhurhur.

You know, things like this mention some nice looking movies and its nice to see vastly different styles of animations next to each other, but I wonder how many of these are actually worth watching. Anyone seem some of these (there are other parts) which you'd strongly recommend.

Damn, the animation in those is amazing. I need to watch more anime movies, because I've never even heard of any of those.

I need to know who's writing so I can figure out if it will suck or not.

As long as NYC government looks incompetent all throughout the film, I'll be happy.

"Yes it's true, this woman has no vagina." just doesn't have the same ring to it.

You know, things like this mention some nice looking movies and its nice to see vastly different styles of animations next to each other, but I wonder how many of these are actually worth watching. Anyone seem some of these (there are other parts) which you'd strongly recommend?
I've watched and enjoyed Akira and Jin-Roh. The Zaibatsu talks up Ninja Scroll, and I've heard praise for Perfect Blue.

Lots of people like Redline, but I just appreciated it visually. oh and Dead Leaves is by Imaishi who co-founded Trigger.

"Yes it's true, this woman has no vagina." just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Well that wasn't even about the Ghostbusters, Aaron. I for one am waiting to see if there's a scene where a hot dude ghost pulls down Kristen Wiig's pants and is implied to have performed cunnilingus on her.

Skrams

Damn, the animation in those is amazing. I need to watch more anime movies, because I've never even heard of any of those.

You haven't heard of Paprika even? What a fraud. It's almost like you hate all anime ever.

I still need to watch Paprika and other Satoshi Kon stuff. Paranoia Agent is cool though.

What a fraud. It's almost like you hate all anime ever.

RH5RZvj.gif

Ilvocare

So I spent the past time that I haven't posted anything watching the first half of R-Evolution. Shit's pretty good, although the Lucha v. Vaude and FB/HI v. Ascension fights felt like they tread the same ground. They were still GREAT, and the latter had a great back and forth near the end, but I couldn't help but notice.

Fucking Baron Corbin. That's all I have to say.

Also I'm afraid because the diva fight is up next and I've heard nothing but negative things about every diva fight ever. This would be the first one I ever see, and yet the type of reputation it's bringing along isn't reassuring.

On another note: if the entirety of a show is up, should the pre-show just be ignored? Or is it actually important to watch desk talk for like half an hour?

Also I'm afraid because the diva fight is up next and I've heard nothing but negative things about every diva fight ever. This would be the first one I ever see, and yet the type of reputation it's bringing along isn't reassuring.

On another note: if the entirety of a show is up, should the pre-show just be ignored? Or is it actually important to watch desk talk for like half an hour?

The one in R-Evolution is actually one of the best Diva's matches in WWE from the last ten years. It's a legit good match, so don't expect anything like that all the time, even if NXT has great Diva's matches.

And no, never bother with the pre or post shows. They're just not worth it and anything of any actual consequence will be recapped later.

*Swoon.*

I'm watching the first episode of Cute High Earth Defence Force love. It's amazing. I can't stop laughing.

Wait until the main villain shows up at the end of the episode. It's amazing.

Jman014

The one in R-Evolution is actually one of the best Diva's matches in WWE from the last ten years. It's a legit good match, so don't expect anything like that all the time, even if NXT has great Diva's matches.

And no, never bother with the pre or post shows. They're just not worth it and anything of any actual consequence will be recapped later.

*Swoon.*

Wait until the main villain shows up at the end of the episode. It's amazing.

My favorite Diva

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I love the look of Death Parade and the OP is early contender for OP of the year.

Durarara X2 is one of those things where it feels like it never ended and it's just continuing directly after it ended, despite a very slight art change in some characters.

Spring is going to be amazing. There's one about an ugly guy in love with a girl who's in love with a typical bishi and that sounds promisingly heartwarming.

Is "I can't understand what my husband is saying" worth watching? I only watched one episode and didn't really care for it.

It is super cute at some parts. Even with how short each episode is, all of the characters feel fleshed out and the slice of life element is really well played.

Jman014

All right, so I'm playing The Legend of Korra and to be honest, it's not too great. It's not as bad as IGN said it was, but I'm not sure I'd defend it like the best friends did. It's certainly passable though and I'll definitely finish it.

You make Korra happy.

Yeah I had more fun with Revengeance. Still nice that it exists so that it fills the gap between books 2 and 3 but ya not great.

360pages

All right, so I'm playing The Legend of Korra and to be honest, it's not too great. It's not as bad as IGN said it was, but I'm not sure I'd defend it like the best friends did. It's certainly passable though and I'll definitely finish it.

It's...meh, you could use the excuse that it's a 15$ game which is fine. But not even an excuse that it's a licenses game can really help it. When Alien Isolation, the Naruto games and One Piece games all recently have been pretty good.

The main problem is the pacing of the game, all your bending, or at least 2 styles should have been available from the start.

Top Bottom