• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

It's fine!

kyon.jpg

Squishy3

It's...meh, you could use the excuse that it's a 15$ game which is fine. But not even an excuse that it's a licenses game can really help it. When Alien Isolation, the Naruto games and One Piece games all recently have been pretty good.

The main problem is the pacing of the game, all your bending, or at least 2 styles should have been available from the start.
It's not even comparable to the Naruto games or Alien, or the One Piece games, which have more money thrown into them than Korra. A $15 downloadable game is always going to get less budget than a $60 release.

Jman014

I haven't watched Korra, so I couldn't give less of a damn about the story behind it, but the gameplay so far has been all right. Each element seems to have its own uses, though I don't find all of them equally efficient and the game is fine. Revengeance/Bayonetta/DMC are infinitely better though.

Yeah, license games seem to be picking up lately, but I bought it for around $8, so I don't feel like being too harsh. It's passable, you can spend a few hours on it and then forget it forever.
The pacing is terrible though, oh my god. It was not a good idea to take away all your powers and incredibly slowly give them back to you over time. No-element fights are literally just dodge/block and mash x, so the less time spent on those moments, the better. I would have preferred that you have either half or all the elements, but start out with a basic moveset that you'd have to build up over time.

It's very unfortunate. I don't think we'll ever get a Korra game that's actually pretty fun and good.

360pages

It's not even comparable to the Naruto games or Alien, or the One Piece games, which have more money thrown into them than Korra. A $15 downloadable game is always going to get less budget than a $60 release.

Of course, but I played 15$ games that were more enjoyable than 60$ games, not to the 60$ discredit, with both being really fun.

Even with less budget there are pacing and gameplay issues that should be ironed out.

Of course, but I played 15$ games that were more enjoyable than 60$ games, not to the 60$ discredit, with both being really fun.
Even with less budget there are pacing and gameplay issues that should be ironed out.
Most titles that come out at a $15 price point are indies which have a lot more time in development. I think most of Korra's problems are budget related, and that includes time spent on it. They could've done better, but y'know.

I can't think of another Licensed $15 game.

360pages

Most titles that come out at a $15 price point are indies which have a lot more time in development. I think most of Korra's problems are budget related, and that includes time spent on it. They could've done better, but y'know.

Scott Pilgrim, despite it being a Movie Tie in worst problems are the fact that the levels are too long at points. I felt the game had a proper amount of polish and ideas despite it being a tie in game.

Scott Pilgrim, despite it being a Movie Tie in worst problems are the fact that the levels are too long at points. I felt the game had a proper amount of polish and ideas despite it being a tie in game.

I quite enjoyed Scott Pilgrim the Game. It was a fun co-op game.

Have any of you played Phantom Breaker Battleground? It's like if Scott Pilgrim had an anime fighter combat system. It just got added to steam and I recommend it.

That has the benefit of being a 2D Beat Em Up and I think Robertson's art carries the game, but you're right. That's a comparably flawed, but alright reasonably enjoyable game.

I think I accidentally putted myself into a state of depression.

I was browsing the RPG maker thread and I saw Corpse Party. Then I started remembering the Shit that happens in Corpse Party and I just went: Oh :/

360pages

That has the benefit of being a 2D Beat Em Up and I think Robertson's art carries the game, but you're right. That's a comparably flawed, but alright reasonably enjoyable game.

I would honestly put it far above the Korra game. Mostly because it legit felt like a labor of love more than a cash in. That and I think it's just an overall better game.

ultimax

I was browsing the RPG maker thread and I saw Corpse Party. Then I started remembering the Shit that happens in Corpse Party and I just went: Oh :/

I really want to play that game...

But i probably shouldn't

demidar

I, on the other hand, am fucking stoked that Corpse Party is coming to Steam.

Can't wait for the sadness train to body me!

I never actually played Corpse Party, I just watched a LP of it years ago and got super depressed from it. It's the most fucked up thing ever.

Sorry for the double post

Loco4Coco

The podcast this week was great. They seem to have had a great time at Magfest kinda jealous. Matt's mom calling in was funny cause it reminded me when JonTron's mom called in one of the vids in GameGrumps. Also that one guy who called out Pat for not being there was out of line.

joe2187

Banned
Not actually the case, Monster Monpiece is on the PStore and it's not compatible.

Its playable.

Nearly all Digital PSP titles are playable.

Monpiece and other games that have dedicated front and back touchscreen features are not likely to make an appearence on PSTV without a dedicated patch from the dev.

Monpiece and other games that have dedicated front and back touchscreen features are not likely to make an appearence on PSTV without a dedicated patch from the dev.

Oh, I know why, it's just that it's on the Vita TV store even though it's not compatible, which is why I said just being on there doesn't mean it works.

Hey has anyone tried Nosgoth? It entered left open beta and looks like it could be pretty sweet, did a few rounds last night. TF2 death match style with vampires vs. humans. The human classes are all about guns and stick together, while vampires can climb walls and utilize melee combat. It's F2P model seems very unobtrusive and better than LoL's actually,

Top Bottom