• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

360pages

Note: This recommendation, for referential purposes, assumes the main character is a man.
Phwooph that sounds OP(as long as they use it like they should. Nothing is worse than super OP powers used lamely due to lack of creativity).
You better get some damn good antagonists, otherwise that could become really standard.
You could from here go the deadman wonderland route, or another one, but just please don't give him an artificial weakness like a time limit super power. There are many other weaknesses out there, or he doesn't have to even have a weakness, just a lack of other strengths; allowing for varied antagonists to be threatening through various situations besides everyone has your superman's kyrptonite. Moreover, you want your thing to be both somewhat unique and lasting, so keep in mind the variety of possibilities offered by each character trait or power you give him
if you're doing this seriously and not just because you're super bored. I honestly won't judge either way, and was only assuming the former case.

Oh I've been waiting for realGAF since I joined, so don't worry about it.

The limitations were more there was a limit on how much they could do. There is a set amount of blood in there body, and they can't pull water from out of the air, at least not a lot. They could insert their blood in someone's body, but only though an open wound. Most of the bad guys are one shots with more characters being introduced later.

MncPsycho

Neo Member
Oh I've been waiting for realGAF since I joined, so don't worry about it.

RealGAF can be super great to see people just get something off their chest every now and again, but RealGAF can also be rough for some people sometimes. Though I don't really know much because I usually lurk more than I post.

Man, I wish i had any of the games you guys play together. I could use some game time. Only game I've played with people on GAF is RE5. Which was fun as fuck.

semisonic

Banned
The limitations were more there was a limit on how much they could do. There is a set amount of blood in there body, and they can't pull water from out of the air, at least not a lot. They could insert their blood in someone's body, but only though an open wound. Most of the bad guys are one shots with more characters being introduced later.

That's certainly alright, but it's more the "they can also control every liquid" that you need to be careful of.
Does that also include solids and gases that have temporarily been melted or coalesced into a liquid?
And if so, why doesn't the main character just like carry gallium or mercury or poison on them?
That last part's more nitpicky, but still.

Again, just my opinion. Your creation.

Gamer Y

That's the problem, I have a lot of concepts for her, but I need it to match her naming convention. I was thinking of blue lights that can causing burns. That can be reflected with things like mirrors and water....actually that isn't too bad.
like a magic laser? so how is this starting, a quick descript of the city, followed by a claim to fame for the duo (backstory) then get a difficult case, maybe antag gets away, maybe it's a group, then they decide to form a group themselves?

semisonic

Banned
RealGAF can be super great to see people just get something off their chest every now and again, but RealGAF can also be rough for some people sometimes. Though I don't really know much because I usually lurk more than I post.

Man, I wish i had any of the games you guys play together. I could use some game time. Only game I've played with people on GAF is RE5. Which was fun as fuck.

Normally I'd join in, but my bro wants to play some fitegames on his first night back in class.

If you need advice, and don't want to bother anyone else, PM me and I'll get back to you later. I don't mind since this is what I do for like all my irl friends anyway.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Alright, let's all make fun of Mrgoodwil for being the top poster in his own thread.

Yeah, what a nerd.

I missed the end of OT 11 and the start of OT 12 because I was too busy working and completing my Jaggi set in MH3U. God my loadout is so sick. And I work at 6:40 tomorrow, and I need to watch some best Friends, so this is going to be the first page post that I should have made, except a little late.

Thread 69 before 2017?
tumblr_n9u9o2IMcB1sb6iwko1_400.gif

360pages

That's certainly alright, but it's more the "they can also control every liquid" that you need to be careful of.
Does that also include solids and gases that have temporarily been melted or coalesced into a liquid?
And if so, why doesn't the main character just like carry gallium or mercury or poison on them?
That last part's more nitpicky, but still.

Again, just my opinion. Your creation.

Any liquid that's not metal liquid from another element. (No metal/Lava, but things like Ice and Soda is possible as well as fog)

Anything with Water in it, or traces of water in it.

semisonic

Banned
Yeah, what a nerd.

I missed the end of OT 11 and the start of OT 12 because I was too busy working and completing my Jaggi set in MH3U. God my loadout is so sick. And I work at 6:40 tomorrow, and I need to watch some best Friends, so this is going to be the first page post that I should have made, except a little late.

Thread 69 before 2017?
tumblr_n9u9o2IMcB1sb6iwko1_400.gif
Yo you got 3U?
I'm just about to enter G-rank.
If you wanna play once you get into high hit me up. I'll give you my friend code later.

360pages

like a magic laser? so how is this starting, a quick descript of the city, followed by a claim to fame for the duo (backstory) then get a difficult case, maybe antag gets away, maybe it's a group, then they decide to form a group themselves?

I have a first chapter, just a random case, far more episodic in nature than anything else. Backstory to be shown as the story progresses. As they meet new members and create a group.

Any liquid that's not metal liquid from another element. (No metal/Lava, but things like Ice and Soda is possible as well as fog)

Anything with Water in it, or traces of water in it.

So, pretty much control over water. Okay.

Still kinda OP, but if there are well defined limits, it should work out okay.

Oh! the goat, i was talking about the cougar.. my bad. He's pretty rude. :/
Oh, animal control took care of the cat. Bit yeah, and anytime I called the sheriff hes like, 'son this is a civil matter. Settle it yoyr damn self.' I love living in the
sorta
country.

360pages

So, pretty much control over water. Okay.

Still kinda OP, but if there are well defined limits, it should work out okay.

Though, she can't just control people like human puppets until she actually inserts her own blood into them. I did that to prevent something like that from happening.

Gamer Y

I have a first chapter, just a random case, far more episodic in nature than anything else. Backstory to be shown as the story progresses. As they meet new members and create a group.
Any ideas about the new members, how many are there going to be?

MncPsycho

Neo Member
Sure, up to you. Spoiler it if that makes it any better.

Alright sure, since I'm in a shitty mood anyway and bitching may help a bit.

So since the semester started my friends and I haven't really seen each other for a bit, so I messaged everyone to get together to go to a bar tonight. I drove out to where the majority of them live by their campus (I go to a different university than all of them) to meet them and head to the bar by their apartments. We find out its super crowded and a long wait to get in and realize we should do something else. Before anyone can even think or suggest something one of my friends starts rushing everyone out the door and yelling about getting a party bus to go downtown. This is not only a bad idea as the clubs downtown are a bit more strict and a number of my friends are underage, but it also screws me over. I get super anxious when I'm thrown headlong into something that I don't know what the fuck it is or what is going on. I already don't like going to crowded bars but was gonna to hang with my friends. Instead this one dude, who wasn't originally going, decides to shove everyone out the door before they knew what was going on. I was not willing to go because it kinda freaked me out and shit, so he told me to go home. Which i end up doing. So i got screwed out of the night of hanging out that I had planned.
I'm a huge baby.
Sorry for RealGAf/bitching like a large man-baby.

Zenfalcia

Oh, animal control took care of the cat. Bit yeah, and anytime I called the sheriff hes like, 'son this is a civil matter. Settle it yoyr damn self.' I love living in the
sorta
country.

Welll, the sheriff isn't wrong... it's a pretty small matter that should be dealt without the need of law enforcement...

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Yo you got 3U?
I'm just about to enter G-rank.
If you wanna play once you get into high hit me up. I'll give you my friend code later.

What does 'high' mean exactly? I just got to the flooded plains. My plan for tomorrow is going to be so fun. Put P2:IS and every other game, comic, book, podcast, and anime on the backburner and just play MH and browse GAF from when I get off work at 1 to whenever I get burned out.
I've never played online so I have no clue how it works, but sure, I'll play with you. PM me your friend code and I'll add you later.

360pages

Any ideas about the new members, how many are there going to be?

Three more, one female and two males.

A creature in the same vain as Double from Skull girls transforming different parts of her body and what not (She's actually an alien)

A steam powered suit of armor. (Is it a living suit of armor or a person underneath...)

And the last one I have no idea.

These are all just concepts though...

semisonic

Banned
What does 'high' mean exactly? I just got to the flooded plains. My plan for tomorrow is going to be so fun. Put P2:IS and every other game, comic, book, podcast, and anime on the backburner and just play MH and browse GAF from when I get off work at 1 to whenever I get burned out.
I've never played online so I have no clue how it works, but sure, I'll play with you. PM me your friend code and I'll add you later.

Right now, if you just started playing, then you're low rank.
Once you hunt the shit outta the caedus in low rank village quests, or I don't remember what in Tanzia port, then you become high rank

So since the semester started my friends and I haven't really seen each other for a bit, so I messaged everyone to get together to go to a bar tonight. I drove out to where the majority of them live by their campus (I go to a different university than all of them) to meet them and head to the bar by their apartments. We find out its super crowded and a long wait to get in and realize we should do something else. Before anyone can even think or suggest something one of my friends starts rushing everyone out the door and yelling about getting a party bus to go downtown. This is not only a bad idea as the clubs downtown are a bit more strict and a number of my friends are underage, but it also screws me over. I get super anxious when I'm thrown headlong into something that I don't know what the fuck it is or what is going on. I already don't like going to crowded bars but was gonna to hang with my friends. Instead this one dude, who wasn't originally going, decides to shove everyone out the door before they knew what was going on. I was not willing to go because it kinda freaked me out and shit, so he told me to go home. Which i end up doing. So i got screwed out of the night of hanging out that I had planned.
I'm a huge baby.
That's shitty dude, well at least you could look at it in the sense you might have saved yourself from getting into trouble later in the night.

I'll agree with you on snakes, but I don't like spiders. I don't like things with spindly legs.
Well, spider keep down the insect population. So we need them, spiders are fine with me imo.

Zenfalcia

I'm a huge baby.

Oh, I expected worst. That's just a thing that got ruined.. Shame your plans didn't work out, maybe you should've reserved or something? No idea if bars even allow that..

Okay, now we're getting somewhere!
Seriously I'd post it now but I don't even remember what it is. I think my wii u NNID is Sharkster87, but I'm not entirely sure for now.
i'm just Mrgoodwil. i'm in the thread like 24/7, so just gimme a heads up any weekend other than this one and we can plan a thing.

MncPsycho

Neo Member
Yo fuck that guy. Do you know him?

Yeah, he is a "friend" of mine. He pisses me off all the fucking time. The kinda dude who says a really asshole thing, then when he gets backlash or a look or something, says "I'm just kidding jeez"
He is never kidding.
He is kind of a dick.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Right now, if you just started playing, then you're low rank.
Once you hunt the shit outta the caedus in low rank village quests, or I don't remember what in Tanzia port, then you become high rank
I've played about 10 hours or so, so I haven't even started yet. But yeah, my Jaggi Armor took tons of work to get but I love it. I'm kicking ass, I just railed that Giant Bear in like 3 minutes.

I tried to join the instasynch room and it broke my browser. Thanks, Obamawil.

Whats going on in Instasync?

semisonic

Banned
i'm just Mrgoodwil. i'm in the thread like 24/7, so just gimme a heads up any weekend other than this one and we can plan a thing.

Cool, for now (by which I mean tomorrow)I'll probably help out Mathou online to get him up to speed and myself used to the game again.
It's been months since I played.
I've played about 10 hours or so, so I haven't even started yet. But yeah, my Jaggi Armor took tons of work to get but I love it. I'm kicking ass, I just railed that Giant Bear in like 3 minutes.
YEAH FUCK YOU ARZUROS YOU PIECE OF SHIT
this is going to be perfect

Gamer Y

Three more, one female and two males.

A creature in the same vain as Double from Skull girls transforming different parts of her body and what not (She's actually an alien)

A steam powered suit of armor. (Is it a living suit of armor or a person underneath...)

And the last one I have no idea.

These are all just concepts though...
And what about the antagonist(s)? got anything past concept?

Top Bottom