• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Appropriate
tumblr_mntndaHCq91rxqcwyo1_400.gif
I liked that moment.

I like where those guys are coming from. I really do. But fuck me, are they awful.

Why does RWBY have a story? I remember seeing the trailers and being excited, then one of them had talking and I immediately shut it off and checked out any interest.

It should have been generic anime girls in cool fight scenes. That's it.

Why does RWBY have a story? I remember seeing the trailers and being excited, then one of them had talking and I immediately shut it off and checked out any interest.

Because rvb has a story. So why shouldn't rwby have one too?

Zenfalcia

Especially when your having intense stomach pain because of it, and you can barely keep your hand steady and keep missing your mouth.

It makes eating more exciting.
I like where those guys are coming from. I really do. But fuck me, are they awful.

The writing and animation is terrible too. I know they are working on a budget, but at least keep it consistent! It doesn't help that both writers are super surface level, and one didn't get deeper into anime before a few montsh before writing the series.. :/

Monty aka the main animator wanted his own series, when he's just really god at fight scenes. It's a dream if his to make his own series.

He has done amazing fight animations before, like dead fantasy, and haloid.

360pages

RWBY could have bee awesome...but it went with the school setting...a setting that was done in a lot of series so much better. Medaka Box.

It makes eating more exciting.

The writing and animation is terrible too. I know they are working on a budget, but at least keep it consistent! It doesn't help that both writers are super surface level, and one didn't get deeper into anime before a few montsh before writing the series.. :/

Monty aka the main animator wanted his own series, when he's just really god at fight scenes. It's a dream if his to make his own series.

He has done amazing fight animations before, like dead fantasy, and haloid.

It really doesn't tho. I need something to calm me down because it's not stopping..

Zenfalcia

The moment RVB started having a story I check out too. They're not the best writers or actors, so pulling off anything but dumb jokes is seemingly impossible

yeah.. the story parts were rough since they had to cut to CG which ruins the point of machinima.. :/
Good, that person deserves a computer room full of shards of glass for being that much of a goddamn baby.

Amazing.
RWBY could have bee awesome...but it went with the school setting...a setting that was done in a lot of series so much better. Medaka Box.

There are literally hundreds of the exact same trope done better and about the same in anime or manga.
It really doesn't tho. I need something to calm me down because it's not stopping..

Um.. what about calming yourself with anime. Nothing better than sweet vanilla anime to calm yourself down to.

I bet they blow their budget on monty's fight scenes, so there's nothing left for the ther scenes. Also there's no money for decemt writers or VAs.

Zenfalcia

I bet they blow their budget on monty's fight scenes, so there's nothing left for the ther scenes. Also there's no money for decemt writers or VAs.

There's nothing wrong with that, since that's what usually happens with other studios. Yeah.. they used a lot of people in their own company to VA and it's rough... I should watch more of the series before I criticize it too much.

Ya know I think some 'mareejoowana' could calm you down.
If I ever need to calm myself, I'll listen to something like dj okawari. Songs like coffee break or crescent moon. I don't know if that'd help you but I figured I'd at least suggest.

yeah.. the story parts were rough since they had to cut to CG which ruins the point of machinima.. :/

Amazing.

There are literally hundreds of the exact same trope done better and about the same in anime or manga.

Um.. what about calming yourself with anime. Nothing better than sweet vanilla anime to calm yourself down to.

I don't even know if I could focus..it doesn't help I'm exhausted too..I've been up since 2am.
Ya know I think some 'mareejoowana' could calm you down.
If I ever need to calm myself, I'll listen to something like dj okawari. Songs like coffee break or crescent moon. I don't know if that'd help you but I figured I'd at least suggest.
I'll try..maybe I need sleep..idk

Ilvocare

My first Mega Man was Zero 2, it was way too hard for my little mind to comprehend, played ZX and a little of Advent without actually finishig any of them.
The R button on my GBASP was destroyed thanks to the Battle Network games.

Sweet Baby Jesus, that's good!

Sorry for the late response. How exactly was your R button destroyed by, of all things, the BN games? You use that to flee and to use the custom gauge and that's it. Now I'm curious.

Also CODENAME STEAM HAS A DEMO OUT AND I'M CHECKING IT OUT RIGHT NOW

COME ON INTSYS DON'T FAIL ME NOW

360pages

The biggest problem with RWBY is that Kerry and Miles are not good character writers.

I noticed, two EP in and I was wondering why the characters were so dull. They are walking tropes, which wouldn't be so bad if they were written in interesting ways or in interesting situations.

I'm about halfway through the Amazing Spiderman, and I like it more than I thought I would. I still miss Tobey Maguire, but it's better than I expected.

Okingjrr

Sorry for the late response. How exactly was your R button destroyed by, of all things, the BN games? You use that to flee and to use the custom gauge and that's it. Now I'm curious.

Also CODENAME STEAM HAS A DEMO OUT AND I'M CHECKING IT OUT RIGHT NOW

COME ON INTSYS DON'T FAIL ME NOW

It's fine.
Well, not exactly "destroyed", just got harder to register the input.
Which button was to jack in? L or R, I forget. But in any case, combine constant dashing in MMZ and constant hammering of the jack in button in BN and you get a worn out shoulder button.

Ilvocare

They already failed me with that art.

Dude, if this had either Awakening's art style or just a generic moe style this just wouldn't work. At least VC had the concept of juxtoposition on it's side. I view this as the opposite type of juxtaposition, which is great. Also getting a lot of Days of Ruin vibes with the OST so far, which is great because DoR was like the ONE "gritty reboot" that not only DIDN'T suck, but was actually really good.

Also at this rate I'll never finish Awakening. Which is the game I bought the 3DS for.

Top Bottom