• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Zenfalcia

I think I will at 7, that's when my teachers office hours end.

Thanks for the help btw everyone.

At least I know I won't end up in jail or some shit because it went through my mind a few times.

Sure. That's a bit extreme.
Sub 7th grade fanfic level plot/writing and incredibly stiff dialogue. Only redeeming thing about it is the soundtrack.

Perfect, sounds like the best "anime" ever. The sound track was made by a professional, so i'm not surprised.

Dude, if this had either Awakening's art style or just a generic moe style this just wouldn't work.

image.png

Ilvocare

If the Valm arc just straight-up did not fucking exist, the game would be a fine entry into the series. Also the difficulty balancing is bananas, and reinforcements which arrive AFTER you move, in a game where 2 or 3 attacks against a unit tears them apart permanently, is NOT a good idea.

360pages

How do you guys feel about genre shifts I series? Since I probably need to do one, from a slice of life Fantasy adventure, to more of a plain action series.

Jman014

How do you guys feel about genre shifts I series? Since I probably need to do one, from a slice of life Fantasy adventure, to more of a plain action series.

Well I'm okay with Space Marine but I'm still expecting Relic to make Dawn of War 3 eventually and not completely abandon it.

I love genre shifts. Less so when it's straight action unless it's crazy juxtaposition. Like if K-ON became Old Boy.

Kinda did. Not all anime is terrible. Just the stuff aaron likes.

Yeah, Gurren-Lagann and Monster are some real trash.

It depends.
Kinda did. Not all anime is terrible. Just the stuff aaron likes.
Yeah, but Aaron likes a lot of things.

Also most shoujos and seinen don't get adapted, unless it's fucking Clan-zzz, so I guess I gotta stick to cute for some fucking entertainment.

360pages

It depends how well it's done, how believable it is, and the type of genres you transfer to and from.

Like listed above, a more Slice of Life Fantasy series to a more straight action series. (It will still keep some elements) I realized that only having really 3-4 action scenes in 13 chapters was too little. Even if people are enjoying it, I can probably do a little more.

It depends.

Also most shoujos and seinen don't get adapted, unless it's fucking Clan-zzz, so I guess I gotta stick to cute for some fucking entertainment.
Have you seen hellsing? Black lagoon? Baccano? They ain't cute and they're entertaining. But if you plain don't like anime, that's fine too.

Zenfalcia

It depends.

There needs to be more shoujo adaptations.. where's my horimiya anime and season 2 of tonari no kaibutsu-kun dammit!
Like listed above, a more Slice of Life Fantasy series to a more straight action series. (It will still keep some elements) I realized that only having really 3-4 action scenes in 13 chapters was too little. Even if people are enjoying it, I can probably do a little more.

Sure, just go for it. You can always change it afterwords or add in more action.

Have you seen hellsing? Black lagoon? Baccano? They ain't cute and they're entertaining. But if you plain don't like anime, that's fine too.
I've seen Hellsing. It was cool.

I haven't caught Black Lagoon or Baccano yet, but I am willing to give them a try. Worried about Baccano, because where Durarara began and ended.

Zenfalcia

I haven't caught Black Lagoon or Baccano yet, but I am willing to give them a try. Worried about Baccano, because where Durarara began and ended.

I liked Baccano more than Durarara. It was better Imo, and a lot more action oriented. It'll be worth the watch.

Lagoon is awesome if you like cheesy action movies. Baccano is self contained, but the manga does gobon if you want to keep going. But if you watch baccano, you'll need to pay attention cause that show moves pretty fast.

Top Bottom