• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

giphy.gif

Welp, at least Smackdown is tonight.

Is something going on?

Ilvocare

Back!

So you can't see how big the map is and you'll have to move around and memorize the map as you go?

What's there to memorize? With a gameplay system like this, why would you have to? I should note: holding back with enough steam to attack puts your character in a universal counterattack stance. Enemies that get CA'd lose their turn, or at the very least become unable to attack. (I assume there are larger enemies further in the game and that they will ignore this.)

Couple more notes, mainly covering map design:

-In addition to cash money, gears (which are used at base to give sick upgrades to units), and save stations, there are also health and steam pickups scattered around the maps, which allows you to push your momentum forward. Map design overall has much more design than in any IntSys game to date, and this makes me really happy. It's fun poking around corners to find all the things while simultaneously setting up flanking attacks.
-Shortly after the start of chapter 1-3, the game's systems clicked with me, and I'm now actually super excited to see where this all goes. Like, there's only two people that I'm controlling now. When 4 come up, then oh baby.

Back!

What's there to memorize? With a gameplay system like this, why would you have to? I should note: holding back with enough steam to attack puts your character in a universal counterattack stance. Enemies that get CA'd lose their turn, or at the very least become unable to attack. (I assume there are larger enemies further in the game and that they will ignore this.)

Couple more notes, mainly covering map design:

-In addition to cash money, gears (which are used at base to give sick upgrades to units), and save stations, there are also health and steam pickups scattered around the maps, which allows you to push your momentum forward. Map design overall has much more design than in any IntSys game to date, and this makes me really happy. It's fun poking around corners to find all the things while simultaneously setting up flanking attacks.
-Shortly after the start of chapter 1-3, the game's systems clicked with me, and I'm now actually super excited to see where this all goes. Like, there's only two people that I'm controlling now. When 4 come up, then oh baby.
Oh, I would of assumed the maps were fairly large with different branching paths, well I'm downloading the demo now to check it out myself

You know those super jealous girls that'll ride your ass for looking in the general direction of another woman? Yeah, that was her. I'd gad enough of her getting pissy about me 'checking out' other women and told her I'd had enough. And she said that she decides when it ended. And it all wnet downhill from there. She grabs knife, I grab her wrist and take knife, she pulls away and grabs fork and gets me.

Sounds like a grade A woman right there lol.

Ilvocare

Jesus Christ, the demo doesn't end after chapter 1. Jumping into Chapter 2, although there's implications that this will play out differently in the normal game than in the demo.

Also Supers aren't in the demo.

Also I was super right, once you finish Chapter 1 you get the base. Nearly all the options are hidden in the demo, although I assume that's when you can scan in Amiibos.

...OH SHIT SUBWEAPONS

#GAMECHANGER

Ilvocare

THE DEMO HAS CARRYOVER BONUSES TO THE MAIN GAME

I REPEAT

THE DEMO HAS CARRYOVER BONUSES

INVOLVING NUMBER OF MEDALS COLLECTED AND APPARENTLY ALSO A STRAIGHT-UP FREE WEAPON

Also, after finishing a chapter you get bonus medals depending on how fast you make it through and whether everyone is alive on your team by the end of the fracas.

Just because I live in a studio apartment and have no roommates doesn't mean I don't wear pants and let my dick hang out everywhere. I've got fucking standards to keep, god dammit.
Hey I live with my mom and brother, and I never wear pants around the house. Its rare ill wear my PJ pants but usually I walk around in my undies.

Top Bottom