• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Zenfalcia

Late replies.

She really is the best
after Saber of course

I guess. Saber is ok, i havent seen/played fate/stay, so i can't really make any judgement.
...I know you're trying to hype Black Lagoon up, but all that did was tell me to move Katanagatari up the queue.

I drop too many show for the most nitpicky of reasons to even bother.

I want to say Katanagatari is better than black lagoon, but they are both great.

What's the worst reason you/anyone has ever dropped a show?
it's something we make at the restaurant, its chicken sauted with vegetables with a peanut sauce served with fried spinach on top, and rice.

Fried rice or normal rice?
Damn it Bob!

Truly a work of art.
I meant to post this earlier, but I'm sick and had to pass out. Someone took The Art of L's Downpour LP comics, and synced them up with the Best Friend's audio. It is pretty funny.

Amazing.

Village

Only podcast I listen to aside from Friendcast is the Mega64 wrestling Podcast The Go Home Show. I disagree with most of their opinions on wrestling but it's still pretty fun and they just recap RAW so I don't even have to watch it most of the time.

I would recommend cox and Crendor in the morning, its rather short, formulated like a short morning newscast and rather funny.

As far as nerdist goes, I Would also recommend the nerdist podcasts, there are many podcasts. They even have a wrestling one, who features booker T rather often. My favorite bing the Nerdist Podcast proper, they interview various people from comedy science music a myriad of things. And you get interesting insights on people

Good recent Nerdist Podcasts

You wanna know who is interesting, Wayne Knight ( Newman from sienfield )

And they interviewed bill gates and some scientist about how they are going to just get rid of polio forever soon

Its hosted by Chris Hardwick who is a decently funny comedian by himself.

And I love Naoto too she's dabes

This is true

Naoto and Yosuke are my favorite persona friendo's they are kind of the only two with goals and doing things with their lives. I mean i'm not holding it agaist the others, they are teen agers and stuff. But i'm not going to not give Naoto and Yosuke Credit

Naoto and Yosuke are my favorite persona friendo's they are kind of the only two with goals and doing things with their lives. I mean i'm not holding it agaist the others, they are teen agers and stuff. But i'm not going to not give Naoto and Yosuke Credit

But, Chie wants to become a cop!

ultimax

I guess. Saber is ok, i havent seen/played fate/stay, so i can't really make any judgement.

I want to say Katanagatari is better than black lagoon, but they are both great.

Have you seen fate/zero? if not, i command you to drop whatever you are doing and go watch it now.

The only show i ever dropped was Mirai Nikki. The characters were so disgustingly unbearable, especially the main character. I literally wanted to die while watching that garbage.

Chie is training to be a Cop and while I hate her story, Yukiko is still running the family inn. Yosuke just wants an amorphous higher education unless they have expanded on it after the arena/ultimax story

croten

Have you seen fate/zero? if not, i command you to drop whatever you are doing and go watch it now.

The only show i ever dropped was Mirai Nikki. The characters were so disgustingly unbearable, especially the main character. I literally wanted to die while watching that garbage.

To be fair Saber isn't much in Fate/Zero.

Zenfalcia

White rice.

Yeah, that's a pretty asian meal. The best kind of meals.

I'm going to play the VN first before i bother watching fate/zero and don't understand anything.

But yanderes are hot bro. All that yuno. What's not to love? Just look at her face.

mirai_nikki_yuno_vector_by_graphicsmith-d4crqg6.png

So many petty reasons. Didn't like the voices, didn't like the art style, didn't like the animation style. I try to give every anime I pick up at least one episode to hook me, but I have dropped shows mid episode.

Zenfalcia

I know I love it.

Yeah, you do.
So many petty reasons. Didn't like the voices, didn't like the art style, didn't like the animation style. I try to give every anime I pick up at least one episode to hook me, but I have dropped shows mid episode.

Damn.. that's pretty petty, but if you didn't like it, there's no reason to force you to watch average anime, unless it's actually really good.

ultimax

I'm going to play the VN first before i bother watching fate/zero and don't understand anything.

But yanderes are hot bro. All that yuno. What's not to love? Just look at her face.

do the thing already!
just watch it, the show is amazing

she's fucking terrible

Xiraiya

Mirai Nikki is trash, trash I somehow found a way to enjoy, but trash none the less.

Zenfalcia

I dropped Death Note after
They introduced the new detectives
because I was a salty bitch. I ended up reading the manga much later

Were they bad or just at that point you didn't care?
I haven't watched or read the series, and at this point, i kinda don't care.
What a baffling and unfortunate existence you live.

He stays true to his values... So, there's that.
You can still watch Fate/Zero before the VN, you can go both ways with this

Nah, i want to have my first experience of fate in VN form, even though, i knoe fate/zero is just a prequel or sidestory.

Were they bad or just at that point you didn't care?
I ha
Death Note spoilers
L was a great character and the new people just couldn't compete with him in anyway. The best part of the show was the mind games between L and Light and they never got back to that point for me.

Damn.. that's pretty petty, but if you didn't like it, there's no reason to force you to watch average anime, unless it's actually really good.
Yeah, back when I was in my weeb phase, I watched a ton of shit that I was not enjoying, just to say that I did. I straight up refuse to watch something, unless I am engaged in it, and there is very little media that can do this to me, anime or otherwise.

Zenfalcia

Bad Tsunderes can be the worst thing ever, but I don't like Yanderes in general. Why would I if all you end up as is dead no matter what you do? I could just never manage to care for the psycho girl trope.

yanderes or psycho girls don't usually kill you, they kill everyone that you know except you. The point is they want you all for themselves. Although if they are really crazy, they might think killing you is the best way for them to keep you forever.
Death Note spoilers
L was a great character and the new people just couldn't compete with him in anyway. The best part of the show was the mind games between L and Light and they never got back to that point for me.

Shame. So you think they should've ended the series there?

ultimax

Mirai Nikki is trash, trash I somehow found a way to enjoy, but trash none the less.
I gave the show a fair chance, i went into it completely blind, but i just couldn't tolerate the terrible characters. oh well.
I'm saving it for later. >_>

She's of the better characters tho... At least, better than some of the other ones. :/
Saying she's one of the better ones doesnt really give me much hope.
Death Note spoilers

Light should of won :p

I find it disgusting that he beat L, but couldn't beat his successors. what a dumb ending. i still love the show tho.

Jman014

I would recommend cox and Crendor in the morning, its rather short, formulated like a short morning newscast and rather funny.

As far as nerdist goes, I Would also recommend the nerdist podcasts, there are many podcasts. They even have a wrestling one, who features booker T rather often. My favorite bing the Nerdist Podcast proper, they interview various people from comedy science music a myriad of things. And you get interesting insights on people

Good recent Nerdist Podcasts

You wanna know who is interesting, Wayne Knight ( Newman from sienfield )

And they interviewed bill gates and some scientist about how they are going to just get rid of polio forever soon

Its hosted by Chris Hardwick who is a decently funny comedian by himself.

This is true

I like Jesse's channel and Crendor's WoW stuff.

For Nerdist I like the JV Club. Found out about it since Janet Varney is the voice of Korra.

yanderes or psycho girls don't usually kill you, they kill everyone that you know except you. The point is they want you all for themselves. Although if they are really crazy, they might think killing you is the best way for them to keep you forever.
I'm not about some cray chick. They can keep that wicked shit to themselves.

Zenfalcia

Yeah, back when I was in my weeb phase, I watched a ton of shit that I was not enjoying, just to say that I did. I straight up refuse to watch something, unless I am engaged in it, and there is very little media that can do this to me, anime or otherwise.

You probably burnt yourself out on anime. I've forced myself watch some bad animes. Some of those series were rough to sit through.
Unless you have peanut allergies, I can understand the sentiment. Otherwise...what the fuck?

People can dislike anything, like i have friends who hate seafood and avoid it like the plague.
I gave the show a fair chance, i went into it completely blind, but i just couldn't tolerate the terrible characters. oh well.

Saying she's one of the better ones doesnt really give me much hope.

It really doesn't since only a few characters were actually likable. I thought it was a fun dumb action show, which is really dumb if you think about it too deeply... Especially the ways how they try to take each other out...

y
Shame. So you think they should've ended the series there?

Light should of won :p[/SPOILER]

I find it disgusting that he beat L, but couldn't beat his successors. what a dumb ending. i still love the show tho.

I don't know what ending I would have preferred. There was only 2 ways it could have went and while I like the ending they went with, It would have been much better if Death Note
L was the one to do Kira in

Top Bottom