• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

semisonic

Banned
Lol wow that does look like DSP.

No, not DSP!
Did someone say DSP?
machamp.png

Boy you'll be waiting for the results of that for a while
Nope. It's by the end of march.
I didn't expect to win.

Rizzi

Today is pretty terrible.
Found out that I might be homeless soon, and then an ATM ate my debit card. At 6pm on a Friday night.

Rizzi

Sounds bad. Why are you gonna be homeless? Missing a rent payment?

Realgaf time.
I live with my nan. She was diagnosed with lung cancer last year and might have had a stroke earlier this week. She only lives here because her defacto partner put it in his will before he died. If she has to go in to a nursing home I can't stay here. House gets sold off to pay the debt on his estate and then the remainder gets split between his grandchildren. My father lives.. fucking somewhere I guess not like I have anything to say to him, and my mum lives up in Newcastle with her boyfriend. I can't go stay with them because they don't have any space for me, and none of my friends need a room mate.

demidar

Realgaf time.
I live with my nan. She was diagnosed with lung cancer last year and might have had a stroke earlier this week. She only lives here because her defacto partner put it in his will before he died. If she has to go in to a nursing home I can't stay here. House gets sold off to pay the debt on his estate and then the remainder gets split between his grandchildren. My father lives.. fucking somewhere I guess not like I have anything to say to him, and my mum lives up in Newcastle with her boyfriend. I can't go stay with them because they don't have any space for me, and none of my friends need a room mate.

That's a tough situation. Does your university have student lodging? That's the only think that comes to mind right now, the other being AirBnB.

croten

Realgaf time.

Yeesh that's a tough situation

Rizzi

Oh well. Maybe she'll be okay and everything will be fine.
Who can tell.
Sorry for being a downer, so I'll change the subject. :p

I've been looking at Wii U stuff for this year and it seems pretty cool. I want to play Bayo 2. Is it as hype as people let me believe?

croten

Oh well. Maybe she'll be okay and everything will be fine.
Who can tell.
Sorry for being a downer, so I'll change the subject. :p

I've been looking at Wii U stuff for this year and it seems pretty cool. I want to play Bayo 2. Is it as hype as people let me believe?

Other than the final boss yes, though I think the rival fights are some of the best in character action.

demidar

Hearing them talk about Resonance of Fate on the SMRPG LP, I'll throw in my 2 cents.

Resonance of Fate is deceptively simple and easy. It only appears difficult because the game does an exceedingly poor job of explaining its mechanics. The most complicated part of the game is the gunsmithing (and that's actually a really fun mechanic so kudos to Tri-Ace), but the actual combat is ultra-easy to break. Basically dual SMGs kill everything, and it's even worse when you get a character's SMG skill to lvl99 (which isn't very hard since SMGs deal the most damage and leveling up is dependent on damage dealt). Hero Action right up close to an enemy and just charge to about x60 and shoot, which will likely completely turn the enemy's health to Scratch damage, and a single shot from a pistol from another character will finish the job. The thing that makes this the worst is this strategy is applicable to 99% of enemies in the game, even the final boss.

Money was also never problem because of the Knock Up and Smackdown system, best done with dual SMGs. Use a Hero Action to run right by an enemy to maximize the chance of knocking the enemy up into the air by continually firing at 1x Shoot, then immediately jump and and spam Shoot at 1x charge which will slam the enemy into the ground and pop them up again to be slammed again. Because attacks don't actually progress you along your Hero Action path, this can be spammed up to 15 times, with each Smackdown releasing 3-5 items each that you can sell for disgusting amounts of money.

In terms of Tri-Ace battle systems, RoF is one of the weakest. But Nolan North does a great job voicing Vashyron.

Rizzi

Hyrule Warriors is nice and Sheik da bess. Bayo 2 is far more important however.

What's her situation right now (recovering from the stroke? And what about the cancer)? Are there really no other family members you could move to if need be? Do you have a job and some income? Savings maybe? Could you take a loan from the bank?

I'm really sorry to hear that, man. I hope everything turns out well for you and your family. No need to change the subject to something else just to lighten the mood. If you feel like talking, go ahead.

Nah, it's cool. I just needed to vent for a bit.

That only gives me a headache.
If I have that happen I usually get up and drink some water and use the bathroom..usually fixes the issue.
Indeed I do, It happens with me during Winter a lot, I have insanely long and good sleeps as quite often in Summer on hot nights I struggle to sleep more than 5 or 6 hours.
I had a bit of a mental breakdown yesterday, but I think the teacher is being cool and letting me stay, not sure yet. I always sleep with a fan on me, no matter if it's winter or summer.

Xiraiya

Realgaf time.
I'm really sorry to hear about that.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Ever since I got those teeth pulled, the really bad headaches I'd been having on that side of my head have pretty much stopped completely. It's kinda great.

Top Bottom