• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Nordicus

Ever since I got those teeth pulled, the really bad headaches I'd been having on that side of my head have pretty much stopped completely. It's kinda great.
It's great. When wisdom teeth push your other teeth at 45 degree angle, that pain makes ya lose night's sleep. Massive relief when that's over

croten

That's cool.
Tea is still gross though.

tumblr_mhta89m9uH1rliwhjo1_500.gif

Xiraiya

Have star wars games taught you all nothing?
True power lies in the balance of making use of both the light and dark side.

Therefore, I enjoy a nice Australian brand milk Tea and Coffee both thoroughly.

croten

Have star wars games taught you all nothing?
True power lies in the balance of making use of both the light and dark side.

Therefore, I enjoy a nice Australian brand milk Tea and Coffee both thoroughly.

Is that saying to enjoy both Tea and Coffee or to enjoy both either black or with milk? Because it can totally go wither way.

Xiraiya

Is that saying to enjoy both Tea and Coffee or to enjoy both either black or with milk? Because it can totally go wither way.
Both tea and Coffee, though I prefer Milk Tea over black tea.

I got beloved onto Milk Tea, helps her relax pretty good.

Xiraiya

Awhile ago I uploaded a bunch of SNES games to my Sister's Tablet so she could get some real education, goddamn DKC2 has like the best soundtrack of any SNES game.

DKC2 Opening theme
Pirates was the best evolution to the whole Jungle/Monkey theme of DKC1.

Rizzi

Tea and coffee are great. That being said, I'm a bit weird with coffee in that I'll either drink it like Dojima or like Nanako. No in-between. Black or Milk and sugar. If I feel like adding a taste, I'll make the vanilla scented one. Tea is either regular pickwick or milk tea.

While I would personally put CT's OST above DKC2's, the latter is absolutely one of the best.

I'll look into which were compatible then.

That's my queue to hype up Lufia II again.

Xiraiya

Nah I just got CT shoved right in there when I was young.
I turned out well right?

I don't think my sister is unintelligent, but there is a certain lack of comprehension that I notice with her even though she is very clearly interested in video games, so I think throwing her into a game that isn't "Jump on the thing to win" would be irresponsible, at her age I was playing through SNES games relatively competently, they were hard and took awhile, but I knew the basics and figured them out, I never had Chrono trigger though on SNES, I played it years later, along with this Japanese RPG DBZ game that was really fucking awesome and oddly addicting.

I don't think my sister is unintelligent, but there is a certain lack of comprehension that I notice with her even though she is very clearly interested in video games, so I think throwing her into a game that isn't "Jump on the thing to win" would be irresponsible, at her age I was playing through SNES games relatively competently, they were hard and took awhile, but I knew the basics, I never had Chrono trigger though on SNES, I played it years later, along with this Japanese RPG DBZ game that was really fucking awesome and oddly addicting.
I have no way to introduce my niece to my childhood games so im shoving Ultimax in her face but shed rather play Little Big Planet....shes not too bright, she 6 and still cant speak right.

I don't think my sister is unintelligent, but there is a certain lack of comprehension that I notice with her even though she is very clearly interested in video games, so I think throwing her into a game that isn't "Jump on the thing to win" would be irresponsible, at her age I was playing through SNES games relatively competently, they were hard and took awhile, but I knew the basics and figured them out, I never had Chrono trigger though on SNES, I played it years later, along with this Japanese RPG DBZ game that was really fucking awesome and oddly addicting.

I had a Genesis which I spent hours playing UMK3 and then a PSX. CT,RE1/2 etc etc. I remember beating RE1 when I was like 7 and freaking out.

Xiraiya

I have no way to introduce my niece to my childhood games so im shoving Ultimax in her face but shed rather play Little Big Planet....shes not too bright, she 6 and still cant speak right.

A lot of android devices these days support some pretty good programs that'll let you show off old games.

Xiraiya

Resident Evil freaked me out so bad I was afraid of the dark for months.
Granted I was like, eight years old.

My step grandfather got me to play PSX stuff, it had been out a little while so he had a pretty good collection of totally legitimate games.

One day I spent like 3/4 of the day playing RE2 and trying to figure it out and then he and my grandmother watched the goddamn shining that night, which I also watched, that movie takes 2 goddamn VHS tapes, so after a day filled with all of that crap at the age of 9 or whatever, I was not overly fond of going to sleep for a long time, I knew nothing could get me obviously, but no one needs those dreams.

Crit Juice is one of the funniest podcasts for a DnD nerd like myself. I couldn't help myself from laughing out loud on my way to school as a slaver gnome got warped to a Bay area Starbucks to train as a barista for 3 months. The twist? He was a pile of gnome gore in a trash bag.

Alfebit

Banned
Crit Juice is one of the funniest podcasts for a DnD nerd like myself. I couldn't help myself from laughing out loud on my way to school as a slaver gnome got warped to a Bay area Starbucks to train as a barista for 3 months. The twist? He was a pile of gnome gore in a trash bag.
Is that like when you find out your friend is a bunch of hotdogs in a sweater?

My step grandfather got me to play PSX stuff, it had been out a little while so he had a pretty good collection of totally legitimate games.

One day I spent like 3/4 of the day playing RE2 and trying to figure it out and then he and my grandmother watched the goddamn shining that night, which I also watched, that movie takes 2 goddamn VHS tapes, so after a day filled with all of that crap at the age of 9 or whatever, I was not overly fond of going to sleep for a long time, I knew nothing could get me obviously, but no one needs those dreams.

I watched the uncut version of The Exorcist when I was 9..that shit fucked me up for like a week.

Just played some Metroid Prime. IT IS SO FUCKING GOOD. Wii controls feel perfect for it.

Downloaded the Codename Steam demo and I will continue to bitch about its art style and the fact this demo is evil seeing as the game isn't out till May.

croten

Just played some Metroid Prime. IT IS SO FUCKING GOOD. Wii controls feel perfect for it.

Downloaded the Codename Steam demo and I will continue to bitch about its art style and the fact this demo is evil seeing as the game isn't out till May.

Am I the only person who isn't the least bit interested in that game.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

Does it use motion controls or does it use the Wii U Pro controller?

mrmyhthef

I actually don't mind the game's artstyle. Then again, I like Freedom Force.

If anything it's about how that artstyle is realised in-game that's bugging me a little.

Top Bottom