• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

I wonder how many OTs we will go through before this community dies. Realistically speaking.
Over 100?
Maybe.
Probably.
Yes.

5 years? We can make it, though if shit gets stupid with posting anime like DxD a lot of people are going to vacate or stay away. We've curbed posting lewd, but a lot of trash isn't sexually explicit.

Ilvocare

Just played some Metroid Prime. IT IS SO FUCKING GOOD. Wii controls feel perfect for it.

Downloaded the Codename Steam demo and I will continue to bitch about its art style and the fact this demo is evil seeing as the game isn't out till May.

I thought Steam was releasing in March?

EDIT: Oh fuck, missed the Euro date. That sucks.

Also I THINK I've played all the unique content in the demo. Of note is that chapters are replayable.

Also also, upon replaying a chapter, the turn requirement is revealed outright to the player.

Also also also, this allows you to play old chapters with your current party. As such, shit gets nuts and also kinda broken and made humble.

It's IntSys and a strategy game with relatively new mechanics that, despite clearly taking SOME inspiration from VC, isn't just a wholescale rip-off of it. I'm down for it.

EDIT: If anyone's wondering, no I did not stay up the entire night playing the demo. I actually got sleep in me.

4Ytn6Mk.gif
qaS18mF.gif

croten

I saw that Pokemon movie with Arceus, Pokemon anime is garbage, but whoever voiced Arceus made him sound like a Psychopath god, I thought that was pretty awesome.

I only knew of the first 2 pokemon movies as a kid and then one day, years later, I saw a trailer for the 11th one. It was a little jarring

Xiraiya

I like the idea of there being a god pokemon, I don't like the idea that you can catch him though.

It would be kind of annoying if there was a Pokemon within the games you couldn't catch ever, but could have information about in your Pokedex.
I think it would be easier to be like "Whether he's actually a god or not remains to be seen but he's been revered as such since ancient times" So then you can get away with having him catchable but still somewhat godly.

It would be kind of annoying if there was a Pokemon within the games you couldn't catch but could have information about in your Pokedex.

I think it would be easier to be like "Whether he's actually a god or not remains to be seen but he's been revered as such since ancient times" So then you can get away with having him catchable but still somewhat godly.

No no no. A ten year old has to catch god in a Pocket ball.

It doesn't matter anyway since all the Legendaries I have in every game have gone straight into a box and have never been used or touched.

I'm the exact opposite, by the time I get to the point where I can catch a legendary I'm so done with the monotony of the battles that I use all of them to get it over with sooner.

So yeah, H1Z1 isn't nearly as alpha as it seems
or as alpha as Dayz is
. Haven't seen any real glitches or hackers yet, and the game is pretty fun if you got 2 or so other people to play with.

People also seem to be more trusting since guns are so rare, but the people who do find guns really want you to know they have them..

Xiraiya

I'm the exact opposite, by the time I get to the point where I can catch a legendary I'm so done with the monotony of the battles that I use all of them to get it over with sooner.

They never seem useful enough to me to use, Legendary Pokemon should be outrageously broken, people bitch about them as it is in regular battles, why not go all out, make them all obscene, then at least it would be fun to fight them/use them.

Xiraiya

I use the Pokemon I like. The ones I like all happen to suck.
How was I supposed to know Dunsparce was shitty?!
I use the Pokemon I like too, they happen to be pretty damn good.

I'm still mad you can't breed them.
It makes sense to me most of the time, the only exception is when the Legendary Pokemon actually has a Gender, I believe in Emerald you couldn't breed Latias/Latios which seems really fucking stupid.

The first 6 pokemon I get are the ones that will get me through the game. I don't care if there are 150 in each game.

That's how I am, then after all the time I put in getting to the end I'm so bored that I just want it to end so I give no shits about them anymore.

Ilvocare

I use the Pokemon I like. The ones I like all happen to suck.

How was I supposed to know Dunsparce was shitty?!

Well did you ever look at it? I think I speak for everyone when I say that either an evolution or a Mega for Dunsparce would be an absolute good, but man, it kinda gives itself away in power levels.

It makes sense to me most of the time, the only exception is when the Legendary Pokemon actually has a Gender, I believe in Emerald you couldn't breed Latias/Latios which seems really fucking stupid.
I know it makes sense. I just be able to build my competitive to my liking.

I try to do that, but I'll drop a friend if it's not pulling it's weight.

That's the other thing, I get really emotionally attached to my Pokemon, so when Dunsparce isn't helping, I can't bring myself to take him off the team, so by the time I get to the end of the game I have no other options to get through so I just buckle and use the legendaries to finish it.

Xiraiya

By the time I finished the original Silver, my full Party was

Dragonite(I actually bred it from Lance's Dragonite, I used the Capture Trainer's Pokemon code for kicks and then threw it in the Daycare, the result is a legit Pokemon so I kept it)
Pidgeot(I just wanted a decent flying type)
Arcanine(bred)
Blastoise(bred from an imported Pokemon)
Charizard(bred from import)
Umbreon (I must have gotten Lucky with IVs because any game after that, Umbreon has been shitty)

Actually fun fact about the Capture code (I used it for collecting), Gym Leaders and the E4 Pokemon all have specific IVs in all of their Pokemon that go up by X amount between each gym.
So for example, say the first Gym Leader's Pokemon have IVs of 2, the 8th Gym will have Pokemon with IV's of 26 in every stat.
This is how the games handle difficulty of Gyms and the E4 when levels aren't enough of a challenge.

Top Bottom