• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Skrams

I guess I'm a sociopath then <.<
I stopped caring about what people thought long ago..became much happier that way.

Edit: If I care about that person, then their opinion will matter to me, but if it's just random people I really won't care.

Yeah, that edit would be pretty important. Of course I don't care if a random person passes by me on the street and says I dress wrong or something. If a family member wanted to give me advice about a dumb shirt or something then I might listen since they're level headed and are just wanting to help me out. To not care about anyone else's opinions ever would be a little insane.

Oh, I've played the games at a friends house. Both on PS3 and on the PSP. The game is fun and super addicting, but I don't think I like the music enough to encourage me to continue ENJOYING the game while being addicted, if that makes any sense.

Also there's no fucking way I'd be able to play the games without excessive judging on my family's side anyways.

It doesn't exactly make sense to me, but I assume you mean you don't enjoy the music enough to play through the songs more than once or a few times. Also just get a vita so you can hide your shame like me. Or let go of the shame because you're an adult and who cares.

Shackzam

My brother bought this for 30 bucks
RZDEBt7.jpg

It's a bank

If there's anything that bums me out or clouds judgment of a game, it's reviews/peer comments/GAF.

Hyperbole is very frequently thrown around. I'm complicit in doing that as well.

I like the things I like. Most wide audiences don't like the things I like. Me reading and getting annoyed by those opinions serves nobody.

demidar

If there's anything that bums me out or clouds judgment of a game, it's reviews/peer comments/GAF.

Hyperbole is very frequently thrown around. I'm complicit in doing that as well.

I think having such insular views can lead to disaster. You judge things on a case-by-case basis.

Yeah, that edit would be pretty important. Of course I don't care if a random person passes by me on the street and says I dress wrong or something. If a family member wanted to give me advice about a dumb shirt or something then I might listen since they're level headed and are just wanting to help me out. To not care about anyone else's opinions ever would be a little insane.

It doesn't exactly make sense to me, but I assume you mean you don't enjoy the music enough to play through the songs more than once or a few times. Also just get a vita so you can hide your shame like me. Or let go of the shame because you're an adult and who cares.
I mean, yeah people I give a shit about will matter or if I have to like impress someone to get a job, but that's it.

Everyone is worth caring about! You get to learn different opinions and keep your view of things subjective.
Are they though?

What? I didn't say the game is shit at all. I said that some vids and impressions make it sound like some David Cage pretentious knock-off, but I don't know if that's actually the case.
If you like it, I'm sure it's not that.

So that's how it is.
=(
You know I love you shut up.
You're welcome.

My opinions mean nothing and I prefer it that way.
It has come to my attention that some of you didn't know that I cared about you, I guess I need to be more...affectionate..

360pages

It's why I rarely go beyond the OP of most threads in gaming section and try to avoid anime threads. I like a lot of things and negativity depresses me, which is in abundance with most anime and game fans.

I think you also need you remember we are on a gaming forum. This place is surprisingly close minded for those on a forum for a hobby that is frowned up for anyone pass the age of 29.

Plus you have to remember diversity is pretty low in the gameing community, the writing forum I visit have a huge amount of different people of all sorts of ages and backgrounds. (If they aren't lying)

Ilvocare

You got it. Also if I ever get a Vita then the ONLY way to get it is to grab a physical copy of Monster Monpiece. Because there's no such thing as halfway.

It's why I rarely go beyond the OP of most threads in gaming section and try to avoid anime threads. I like a lot of things and negativity depresses me, which is in abundance with most anime and game fans.

Fun fact: my older brother and my dad tried to tag-team shittalk me out of playing Persona 4. The latter is super weird because he doesn't play video games. In fact, he regularly preaches to me about how he "used to be addicted but then I took control of myself and didn't let them control me so I stopped it" and he'll quote studies at my face saying I'm ruining my life but he won't produce the evidence and GOD FUCKING DAMMIT AGH

What? I didn't say the game is shit at all. I said that some vids and impressions make it sound like some David Cage pretentious knock-off, but I don't know if that's actually the case.
If you like it, I'm sure it's not that.

So that's how it is.
=(
Oh I thought that was suppose to be negative. I guess you can get that kind of vibe from this game I just really like these style of games

Jman014

Listening to Pat talking about MOBAs in the newest SMRPG, I kinda want them to do a one off where all 4 of them try it out. Either it'd be the most boring thing ever, or the greatest
alcohol.

[/SPOILER]

Did he talk shit about Dota 2?

I bet he'd love to hang out with Windranger.

Skrams

Which one? Dare, or Tell Me Why?

It's nice being able to see what videos are before you click them. I get to see everyone talking about something else while being confused because I'm looking at the Berserk OP again.

Fun fact: my older brother and my dad tried to tag-team shittalk me out of playing Persona 4. The latter is super weird because he doesn't play video games. In fact, he regularly preaches to me about how he "used to be addicted but then I took control of myself and didn't let them control me so I stopped it" and he'll quote studies at my face saying I'm ruining my life but he won't produce the evidence and GOD FUCKING DAMMIT AGH

Your family kind of sounding a bit shitty. Tag team shaming is a bit overkill for a fucking video game.

I think having such insular views can lead to disaster. You judge things on a case-by-case basis.

I listen to opinions from people who can present them in a sane way and are talking intelligently about things I'm interested in. I don't listen to opinions from the mass audience on games or things I don't care about.

Nah my ween does not have a stand

If you are familiar with the song Hotel California, it might give you a hint to my power +
Plus sick super strong punches

Psh, my stand makes you think and talk about incest. It's so useless that it must be better than yours.

I listen to opinions from people who can present them in a sane way and are talking intelligently about things I'm interested in. I don't listen to opinions from the mass audience on games or things I don't care about.

Psh, my stand makes you think and talk about incest. It's so useless that it must be better than yours.
So Oberon is your stand?

semisonic

Banned
It's nice being able to see what videos are before you click them. I get to see everyone talking about something else while being confused because I'm looking at the Berserk OP again.

I put so much fucking effort into disguising it, posting 4 of my other actual favorite songs beforehand and then specially recommending the last one.
Fuck you and your cheating extensions.
I demand you turn them off when you enter the hallowed grounds of BestGAF!

I miss playing fighters. I only have a Wii U Smash isn't the same. I kind of made the commitment to not try to be fancy or do fancy moves anymore like I used to. I only got to prove that it worked when I played DOA 5 at my friends house and went 10-0 when he finally won. I hadn't played any DOA in years and went for the kill instead. He's pretty good at fighters too. Fallout 4 needs to be announced so I can justify buying a new console.

You got it. Also if I ever get a Vita then the ONLY way to get it is to grab a physical copy of Monster Monpiece. Because there's no such thing as halfway.

Monpiece is digital only. I would know, I tried to pre-order it.

And fuck that shit. My dad tried to get me into cars once, then I asked for Super Princess Peach for my birthday and he realized I was too far gone.

demidar

Yeah. It is a case-by-case basis but most judgements tend towards "Don't listen to this person/this person has nothing of worth to say" but just because most of them are useless doesn't mean I should stop the process altogether.

That said, that Grim Fandango "remake" thread made me want to do my head in.

semisonic

Banned
I miss playing fighters. I only have a Wii U Smash isn't the same. I kind of made the commitment to not try to be fancy or do fancy moves anymore like I used to. I only got to prove that it worked when I played DOA 5 at my friends house and went 10-0 when he finally won. I hadn't played any DOA in years and went for the kill instead. He's pretty good at fighters too. Fallout 4 needs to be announced so I can justify buying a new console.

Yep, they're pretty great.
But you have to keep in mind that one v one no items, even sm4sh can be a proper fighting game.
We should try that right now. For real.

Ilvocare

And fuck that shit. My dad tried to get me into cars once, then I asked for Super Princess Peach for my birthday and he realized I was too far gone.

Noooooo! How will I ever do a Monpiece reveal video with Vince McMahon saying "IT WAS ME" as my other games recoil in fear now???

And Fun Fact #2: My family actively tried to push me away from any piece of media where the main character was female as I was growing up. I got lucky with the GBA Metroid games because Samus does not look like a woman at first glance.

Also I have been linked to something that promises to stream the entirety of NGE but with subtitles from Dreamworks' Bee Movie starting tomorrow. I have not seen NGE yet and if I were to watch this it would be my second exposure ever to the franchise.

I couldn't even correctly name a car maker from looking at a vehicle, much less the model. All my friends are super in to cars too...

Even a bad opinion is an opinion, which you can learn from. At least that's what I think.
Eh to me a bad opinion is one I wouldn't of cared to listen to in the first place.

Aww yeah son, you know that love is mutual.
NZdt0aL.gif

Nah, I might just have phrased it poorly then. Glad to hear they got it right.

You started a Fashion Trend that lasted in BestGAF for like a week how could I not?
That feel when no one cares about your stand...
So your stand is Yosuke?

Yep, they're pretty great.
But you have to keep in mind that one v one no items, even sm4sh can be a proper fighting game.
We should try that right now. For real.

I
kinda don't have Smash...

I think MVC3 started my descent in to not caring for awhile. Played SF4, was alright then got that and X-Factor+Jean Grey almost made me break my first ever game disc. Traded it in for New Vegas instead and never looked back.

So Oberon is your stand?

...Is it what causes those dreams of yours?

Also is Oberon? Your stand has a GAF account?

Hey, I was creepy incest guy before Obey even applied to GAF! Have a little respect.

Noooooo! How will I ever do a Monpiece reveal video with Vince McMahon saying "IT WAS ME" as my other games recoil in fear now???

And Fun Fact #2: My family actively tried to push me away from any piece of media where the main character was female as I was growing up. I got lucky with the GBA Metroid games because Samus does not look like a woman at first glance.

My family wasn't that crazy, luckily. They made fun of me for watching Sailor Moon and Card Captors, but never tried to stop me.

Fun story: one time I had a severe allergic reaction to some medicine and nearly died. I was forced to lie down for three days straight with constant supervision. My sister vollunteered and put on Sailor Moon, since I hated dumb girl shows because I was a boy and gender roles whatever. The first day I was miserable. The second day I loved it. The third day I became the man I am today.

Every time I check back there's more pages
;-;

I've just gone over my backlog of games and all of them
bar Wonderful 101 and SMG2
are RPGs. I don't know why I've done this to myself...

Top Bottom