• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

roXH9Ex.gif

Xiraiya

Everyone somewhere says negative things about everything that everyone likes.

That's why when someone throws a negative comment at a thing you enjoy, you have to analyze it very quickly to yourself:

-Does it seem well thought out?
-Does it seem objective?
-If not then is it biased from current mood/emotion or past experience?
-Does it actually make sense?
-Do you agree?
-If not then why?

And then respond accordingly, or ignore it.

To be fair, what I've heard from people who've actually played it like at the Playstation Experience it seems to be a pretty solid game.

It's just Sony's marketing has been shooting this game in the goddamn foot.
Yeah, everything that I've seen and heard of then gameplay makes it out to be competent and enjoyable.

The marketing has been atrocious, but it's Sony. I expect shit marketing.

sjay1994

To be fair, what I've heard from people who've actually played it like at the Playstation Experience it seems to be a pretty solid game.

It's just Sony's marketing has been shooting this game in the goddamn foot.

The problem is that they also always have the creative director/narrative designer to do all the interviews, so he is mostly only going to talk about story and mood.

In polar opposide, ND has Bruce Straley (Game director) and Neil Drukmann (Narrative) on together doing interviews, so both gameplay and story are talked about.

The PR for the order was a complete mess.

Although, I will give them this

Celebrating a game going gold by having a champagne fight is pretty sick.

Yooooooooooo I know one upcoming
and probably japan only
game that seems right up bestGAF's alley.

SHINING RESONANCE

Its an action jrpg where the main character is a fucking dragon and there are dating sim elements to it

semisonic

Banned
A lot of people say that, very few understand what that actually means, let alone accomplish it.

something something realgaf
But yeah, it's really hard, and requires a lot of self-control at first.
But if you can manage it, you'll be a lot happier overall.

To go back to an earlier topic but here's some more good non-game music:

Gorillaz - Demon Days Album. A staple in anyone's music library, if you don't have it you quantifiably have bad taste in music.
Mostly joking, off course

Dethklok - Dethalbum. Some of the best sounding American produced metal, ironic that a parody band is responsible for it

Matthew Good Band - Everything is Automatic. My favourite track off their greatest hits album, In a Coma. Despite not being a fan during their heyday, their sound makes me nostalgic for the 90s.

Danko Jones - Sleep is the Enemy. A pure rock sound about a pure rocker lifestyle. Canadian too, eh

Beloved

A lot of people say that, very few understand what that actually means, let alone accomplish it.

As you know I used to care way to much what other people think

But if you don't care *at all* about what other people think, you're basically a sociopath.

What I had to realize was that it's OKAY to care about what other people think, but what they think should never ever matter more than what I think about myself or impact my own happiness.

That's the balance between not being miserable from not being able to please everyone and not being an unfeeling piece of shit that puts their feelings and desires before everyone else's.

But if you don't care *at all* about what other people think, you're basically a sociopath.

What I had to realize was that it's OKAY to care about what other people think, but what they think should never ever matter more than what I think about myself or impact my own happiness.

That's the balance between not being miserable from not being able to please everyone and not being an unfeeling piece of shit that puts their feelings and desires before everyone else's.

I guess I'm a sociopath then <.<
I stopped caring about what people thought long ago..became much happier that way.

Edit: If I care about that person, then their opinion will matter to me, but if it's just random people I really won't care.

Ilvocare

You would probably lose your fucking shit trying to play any of the old arcade DDR games because of the song lists. Eurodance and Bubblegum Pop for days, plus Captain Jack.

The weird thing is, is that I was super into DDR back in the day. Like not enough to be GOOD, but enough to have bought two dance mats for the PS2 and get to like... Standard, I think? Which was mindblowing for the people around me.

But I knew the truth. The truth of garbage.

To be fair, that was probably a bad example, as one of the most techno-y songs they have. As long as the other instruments are real, I love that vocaloid shit.
And I just heard it for the first time like a week ago. Unless you count the PSO2 song

You misunderstand. I adore electro, but Eurobeat is too little song for too long. (i.e. most electronic music does tiny variations in their with the main melody repeating to keep the general song fresh, whereas EB relies too much on speed to carry people through the rhythm. Like how many times in EB is the chorus repeated in a song? Like 5?)

Gross. I'd suggest Hello, Worker or Remote Control or something else I can't think of if you don't like Luka Luka Night Fever.

Also you have to remember these are rhythm games so to play them while the song is going on is really fun. Remote Control is super fast and crazy to play. It's pretttty great.

Oh, I've played the games at a friends house. Both on PS3 and on the PSP. The game is fun and super addicting, but I don't think I like the music enough to encourage me to continue ENJOYING the game while being addicted, if that makes any sense.

Also there's no fucking way I'd be able to play the games without excessive judging on my family's side anyways.

So I'm playing more life is strange and it feels like what a french man thinks american teenage girls are like.

Also fucking denko is in this game

I feel like sometimes I end up on that particular end of the scale, and wonder if it's ever alright. And most of the time I feel okay with that.

The weird thing is, is that I was super into DDR back in the day. Like not enough to be GOOD, but enough to have bought two dance mats for the PS2 and get to like... Standard, I think? Which was mindblowing for the people around me.

But I knew the truth. The truth of garbage.
I remember as I was entering middle school I wanted to get into playing Guitar Hero, but I was also enjoying DDR arcade machines and ended up with one of the home versions that Christmas. Several years down the line, I look back and think I made the right choice in rhythm game to invest in (even if it's just me playing DDR Extreme till the end of time).

Speaking of which, probably gonna make another visit to the Seattle Gameworks and do my next Bemani regiment. Yeah, tomorrow isn't the start of February, but I might as well get that out of the way.

Xiraiya

Precisely, most people take the stance too far and turn themselves into stubborn pieces of shit that don't know the definition of reasonable and ultimately become unlikable and have well and truly earned their loneliness at that point.
It's human nature to want to abandon one extreme for the other when it's not to your liking, we see it all the time with religion for example.

It's very easy to do the exact opposite of what you were doing before, but it's not so easy to learn that there is a time and a place for everything.

As always, there needs to be balance.

ultimax

Hey man, this ain't fucking politics and Jack ain't the mayor! I'm not taking the blame for his statements!
I don't care about Order 1886 either way. People can like or dislike whatever they want.

Jack is now the crooked politician of this thread.
That, or it was his stand!

And yeah, i dont really care for the order either.

This is actually the best idea ever and no one can ever say otherwise. It's not bad taste as much as it's simply my/your/his/her taste.

It's why I rarely go beyond the OP of most threads in gaming section and try to avoid anime threads. I like a lot of things and negativity depresses me, which is in abundance with most anime and game fans.

The Wire was right! Again!
Yeah, I'm actually really not sure about this one. Don't know if it's just poorly written, pretentious tripe that your average reviewer didn't smite, just like what happens with David Cage's games. Keep us updated with your thoughts.

I actually like it so far. I guess I have shit tastes
So its David Cage 2 electric boogaloo?

Nothing super creepy has happened to the main character yet so I wouldn't say so.
Do you mean the Denko guy? Because it was the girl that was called Denko
No I mean (´&#65381;&#969;&#65381;`)
I dunno, Dare is super good. Especially the video.
Fun fact, that song is about touching yourself

It's why I rarely go beyond the OP of most threads in gaming section and try to avoid anime threads. I like a lot of things and negativity depresses me, which is in abundance with most anime and game fans.

If there's anything that bums me out or clouds judgment of a game, it's reviews/peer comments/GAF.

Hyperbole is very frequently thrown around. I'm complicit in doing that as well.

Top Bottom