• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

I
kinda don't have Smash...

I think MVC3 started my descent in to not caring for awhile. Played SF4, was alright then got that and X-Factor+Jean Grey almost made me break my first ever game disc. Traded it in for New Vegas instead and never looked back.

you made a wise decision.

I never cared for marvel 3 and I grabbed it again before it got delisted and remembered why I didn't put time into it. I'm sure people will say it is just a case of gitting gud but I don't like all the touches of death that game has

Hey, I was creepy incest guy before Obey even applied to GAF! Have a little respect.

My family wasn't that crazy, luckily. They made fun of me for watching Sailor Moon and Card Captors, but never tried to stop me.

Fun story: one time I had a severe allergic reaction to some medicine and nearly died. I was forced to lie down for three days straight with constant supervision. My sister vollunteered and put on Sailor Moon, since I hated dumb girl shows because I was a boy and gender roles whatever. The first day I was miserable. The second day I loved it. The third day I became the man I am today.

Well then. My family also mocked me for watching Sailor Moon and Hamtaro. Most of you know how my family functions though.

I got invited to hang out with my friend's boyfriend and he's watching Fate/Zero for the first time on Episode 5.

I actually don't mind rewatching everything.

semisonic

Banned
For me, if you can't do cool shit in the air
or at least airdash
, it's not a good fighting game. Plus if you have to memorize long combos it's kinda a pain in the dick, so I'm not a fan either.
Aerial control and variable combos are why smash is the best moment-to-moment fighting game, allowing much more of a variety of playstyles and available actions than it's 2 or 3d alternatives.
This is also why marvel is dumb.
Marvel is dumb, btw. You were far from the only person here to drop it.

demidar

you made a wise decision.

I never cared for marvel 3 and I grabbed it again before it got delisted and remembered why I didn't put time into it. I'm sure people will say it is just a case of gitting gud but I don't like all the touches of death that game has

I think Marvel 3 was my first fighting game after a really long time (the previous one was probably a Mortal Kombat entry) and I sort of enjoyed it but I didn't really know what I was doing. This was before I knew of all these concepts like mixups, safe attacks, zoning, DHC, OTG, etc. so I had a bad time online (and the lag put the nail in the coffin).

I've put some time into Skullgirls though and it's tutorial is actually useful so that's cool. I'm okay so far but I'm already way better than I was at Mahvel. I haven't tried going online yet; I'm not sure of how big the online population is on Steam.

360pages

For me, if you can't do cool shit in the air
or at least airdash
, it's not a good fighting game. Plus if you have to memorize long combos it's kinda a pain in the dick, so I'm not a fan either.
Aerial control and variable combos are why smash is the best moment-to-moment fighting game, allowing much more of a variety of playstyles and available actions than it's 2 or 3d alternatives.
This is also why marvel is dumb.
Marvel is dumb, btw. You were far from the only person here to drop it.

Yeah, Smash is great fun, which is probably why it's so popular as a fighting game. It's so easy to change up your game in smash and other stuff that I can get into it far easier.

ultimax

No idea, a girlfriend would be nice. I have enough friends with you shitlords <3

tumblr_inline_ne5snq12HP1rg9bxo.gif

O no :( I don't like the sound of this? Without spoiling story stuff, can you tell me what you don't like about it?

Some of the dialog is bad, some of the voice acting is bad. All of the animations and lip synching is fucking terrible.

I can look at this game and probably tell you square gave very little money to Dontnod to make this game. It seems super under budget and suffers for it

Ilvocare

Hey, I was creepy incest guy before Obey even applied to GAF! Have a little respect.

My family wasn't that crazy, luckily. They made fun of me for watching Sailor Moon and Card Captors, but never tried to stop me.

Fun story: one time I had a severe allergic reaction to some medicine and nearly died. I was forced to lie down for three days straight with constant supervision. My sister vollunteered and put on Sailor Moon, since I hated dumb girl shows because I was a boy and gender roles whatever. The first day I was miserable. The second day I loved it. The third day I became the man I am today.

What an invigorating story... You and me, we have the potential to engage in dumb bullshit one day in the future.

Also I noticed you said Card Captors instead of CCS.

You know what that means

I can't find the video of all the guys grinding against furniture to this opening. If I could I would have linked that instead.
Also I have been linked to something that promises to stream the entirety of NGE but with subtitles from Dreamworks' Bee Movie starting tomorrow. I have not seen NGE yet and if I were to watch this it would be my second exposure ever to the franchise.

Requoting for exposure because holy fuck this sounds ridiculous.

The fact that the emote syncs with the picture perfectly makes me a happy man.
Ew, gross.
I know him already. :p

He's not, he's a dub guy.
Maybe a rival then. Remember to tear his grandfathers Blue Eyes White Dragon in half to assure maximum salt.

Oh that, sorry, I didn't read the post correctly. Yeah, that was definitely something.
I kinda liked it =P.
You loved the attention?

Jman014

Some of the dialog is bad, some of the voice acting is bad. All of the animations and lip synching is fucking terrible.

I can look at this game and probably tell you square gave very little money to Dontnod to make this game. It seems super under budget and suffers for it

FUCK

I don't even know about spending the 5 bucks for episode 1 now :(

Ep 7 & 8.
So magical girls become Witches but are supposed to hunt wiches? Seems counter productive. Also I pretty much guessed that the rodent was evil. Sayuka became a witch because of a fucking boy. Onto ep 9 and let's see where this goes. Also Madoka continues to be worthless herself.

Zenfalcia

Who needs friends when you have this thread?
You only need frienders in your life.
No idea, a girlfriend would be nice. I have enough friends with you shitlords <3

Do you not remember the Maraavatar apocalypse that happened in like..OT10?

Ew girlfriends. 3DPD. I hate you too
<3
Oh that, sorry, I didn't read the post correctly. Yeah, that was definitely something.
I kinda liked it =P.
You love it.
I'm going to need a source on that STAT

It's from Free!.

I think Marvel 3 was my first fighting game after a really long time (the previous one was probably a Mortal Kombat entry) and I sort of enjoyed it but I didn't really know what I was doing. This was before I knew of all these concepts like mixups, safe attacks, zoning, DHC, OTG, etc. so I had a bad time online (and the lag put the nail in the coffin).

I've put some time into Skullgirls though and it's tutorial is actually useful so that's cool. I'm okay so far but I'm already way better than I was at Mahvel. I haven't tried going online yet; I'm not sure of how big the online population is on Steam.

I think a few of us here go online with each other in SGs every now and again. I have no idea what the connections would be like though

Do you not remember the Maraavatar apocalypse that happened in like..OT10?
You're pretty all right for unimaginable horror yourself.
Mara's true claim to fame is being Punished Maragidyne: A Fallen Friender. It was his fall from grace that led to the creation of The Rangers

You only need frienders in your life.

Ew girlfriends. 3DPD. I hate you too
<3

You love it.

It's from Free!.

Well I mean a Chie body pillow can only take me so far in life.
I think a few of us here go online with each other in SGs every now and again. I have no idea what the connections would be like though

You're pretty all right for unimaginable horror yourself.
Mara's true claim to fame is being Punished Maragidyne: A Fallen Friender. It was his fall from grace that led to the creation of The Rangers
I do not know of this ancient lore.
Not exactly, I mostly meant that I found it to be a funny moment. Some of the avatars were really well done. The one with female Matt holding the sword in her hand was really cool, for example.
I should bring that back one of these days.

I've played fighting games since SF 2 and have no idea what most of those terms are.

This is why I'm low level

Top Bottom